I have been OFFENDED and everyone needs to KNOW IT!

Options

Replies

• TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Being half Sicilian, I hate it when people say EYEtalian
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So true but as a perfessor, when u here it, u seen it in the ritten sence. Trust me, i seen it alot.
  • tuathanari
    tuathanari Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wow..alot of free time

34ngxms.jpg

I love the alot a lot. :)
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    In RI we say tawwwkin instead of ....talking

ova theya instead of ....over there
    owa instead of ....our

Don't forget "fouhwid" instead of forward.
  • Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. It also kills me when they say don't when it should be doesn't.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    Wash not WARSH.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Wash not WARSH.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    People who say "warsh" are just recycling all the abandoned "R"s from New Englanders pahking theiah cahs by Hahvahd Yahd.
  • alpenpam
    alpenpam Posts: 27
    Options
    [/quote]People who say "warsh" are just recycling all the abandoned "R"s from New Englanders pahking theiah cahs by Hahvahd Yahd.
    [/quote]

this is brilliant.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    wow..alot of free time

34ngxms.jpg

Okay, I actually use "alot" almost exclusively.

I know what the dictionary and English teachers have to say about this, but I am mounting a silent protest. Of all the marginal "new words" that make it into the dictionary each year, I am amazed (dare I say "offended" :wink: ) that the less literal meaning of "a lot" has not made it's way into the dictionary as it's own entry as "alot". Most of the time, I do not literally mean "a lot" when I'm using the word (and I use the word ALOT!), so I think I should be able to indicate that I'm saying "much" or "a great deal", not "a lot".. I believe I will eventually be victorious in this endeavor.

Plus, I like to bring to the mind of awesome people the cute guy above^^.
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    This topic is great..innit yaaa..? :smooched:
  • lillith1991
    lillith1991 Posts: 70
    Options
    I despise when the word bipolar is used incorrectly . Bipolar is not a synonym for unpredictable or grouchy. Example: She's acting really bipolar today. Bipolar disorder is a psychiatric condition not a short cut to saying someone is acting crazy.

And while I'm at it. What is with people calling things they don't believe in a lifestyle or a choice? I've said it before and will end up saying it again. I did not wake up one day and decide that I'm queer. Nope people it doesn't work like that. One day I'm going to ask a straight person why they chose to be straight this morning.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    wow..alot of free time

34ngxms.jpg

Okay, I actually use "alot" almost exclusively.

I know what the dictionary and English teachers have to say about this, but I am mounting a silent protest. Of all the marginal "new words" that make it into the dictionary each year, I am amazed (dare I say "offended" :wink: ) that the less literal meaning of "a lot" has not made it's way into the dictionary as it's own entry as "alot". Most of the time, I do not literally mean "a lot" when I'm using the word (and I use the word ALOT!), so I think I should be able to indicate that I'm saying "much" or "a great deal", not "a lot".. I believe I will eventually be victorious in this endeavor.

Plus, I like to bring to the mind of awesome people the cute guy above^^.

Allow me to demonstrate. From a Google search for the meaning of "lot":

lot
    /lät/
    Pronoun
    A large number or amount; a great deal: "there are a lot of actors in the cast"; "we had lots of fun".

GRRRRRRR!!!! Did you catch that?

"There ARE A lot of actors in the cast," makes no sense!!! You wouldn't say "There ARE A boat load of actors", would you?!?! You can't put "a" after "are". But you could put "alot".

So for all the people who have an "alot" pet peeve, what say ye?

(Apparently I have an "a lot" pet peeve.")
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    GTFU&GTFO
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    How Americans pronounce aluminium... Its Al- u-mini-um

Not... Il-um-inum

Jeez!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    How Americans pronounce aluminium... Its Al- u-mini-um

Not... Il-um-inum

Jeez!

I don't know about "il-um-inum", because I say "a-lu-mi-num", which consequently is how it is spelled in the U.S. (aluminum--without the second "i", therefore, without pronunciation of the non-existent second "i"). :happy:
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I hat it wen peepole can't use your langage rite. How due there parants stand conversating wit dem? Won has two wondar were they all went too skool. Or iffing they lernt sumthing. Their shood bee a app four this problem. Its a sham. What's they're problem? Tnx fore listinin.

This gave me a headache.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    This topic is great..innit yaaa..? :smooched:

I ain't even bovvered.
  • SlimSharonSlim
    SlimSharonSlim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Excuse me - was it really necessary to swear - Ladies and Children read these threads - tut tut !!
  • amandajones1978
    Options

ASKED not AXED

THIS THIS THIS!

Seriously, do you want to ask me or axe me? Because one of them is murder.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That freaking made up word "hangry" and the idiots that use it....I am angry that you assume I'm hungry, other than that your an idiot in my world.:yawn:

Notice that no one else in this thread is actually calling people names for using a particular word. Perhaps you should follow suit.

But what do I know, maybe I'm just HANGRY.

Whoa! Hey now, let's take a time out and feel the love.

Ok, times up, back to being offended!

So we're all going to just let this go? She used "your" instead of "you're," people!!!! Get your torches ready!

P.S. February -- notice the first "r" -- use it...please?