How Do You Drink Your Coffee?

Options

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Quality west coast coffee in a Keurig during the week and French press (we grind our own beans) on weekends.

Just a little bit of sugar and organic half -n-half. Hardly any calories.

Tons of antioxidants.

Tons of diabetes prevention.

Keeping it real.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Black is one way that I do it, but I'm like you, not the biggest fan of coffee black.

Most of the time, I use half a cup of Silk Vanilla Soy Milk (50 calories). It's sweet enough and the soy milk takes the edge off of the coffee.

Careful though. Females should not have too much processed soy. (it's a known hormone distruptor). Stick to soy beans or soy sauce (fermentation is good). It's hard to keep soy out of your diet because it's in everything but why add more by doing the milk...?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I should have just posted this.

http://en.ilovecoffee.jp/posts/view/71
    I vote for just telling us you like it black.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    With English Toffee liquid Stevia ( Sweet Leaf) and skim milk blended with ice! And coffee of course!! Yummy
  • Onesnap
    Options
    With English Toffee liquid Stevia ( Sweet Leaf) and skim milk blended with ice! And coffee of course!! Yummy

WebMD posted a warning about Stevia. People on blood pressure meds should not consume Stevia. Spread the word!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Usually black or I drink tea. Occasionally if I'm really craving it and it's under my calorie limit, I'll buy myself a high calorie latte or coffee drink.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hi! I drink my 2 1/2-3 cups with 1 1/2 Tbsp of any flavored creamer with half a packet of Splenda. An depending on the flavor of the creamer I skip the Splenda altogether.

Sounds like me. I'm addicted and I'm ok with that. Better than smoking.
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Black, no sugar. Has to be good coffee though.

Yep. This. I pay a little extra for the good ground coffee at Costco instead of the "run o' the mill" Folgers or Maxwell House. It makes a big difference.
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I joined MFP I used French Vanilla Coffeemate. After a few months of seeing how many calories I was drinking, I replaced that with Half and Half. Over the next year I slowly reduced the amount I was using. I recently replaced Half and Half with Almond Milk which has way fewer calories and no saturated fats.

Half and half and honey. Has been something I don't give on, but reading this post, I'm going to check out Almond Milk. Thanks!!
  • alpenpam
    alpenpam Posts: 27
    Options
    I always have my coffee with a dash of skim milk in it, no sugar.
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Half scoop of chocolate whey protein and little bit of low fat cream. Taste like hot chocolate with a caffeine kick.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    16 ounce cup.... 4T of half and half and a scoop of sugar free vanilla protein powder. It doubles as my breakfast.
  • Peni_Davidson
    Peni_Davidson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    With demerara sugar, a pinch of cinnamon and a drop of vanilla extract. No milk normally.

....What is Demerara??

It's a type of soft unrefined brown sugar here in the UK
  • rrsmith1298
    Options
    Black BUT I drink flavored black coffee. Cinnamon vanilla. Hazelnut. Etc. Its still 0 calories and it has *flavor* to it.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Splenda + 1 tbs fat free half and half + 1 tbs hazelnut liquid coffee creamer. Yes, I like my coffee sweet and light. Comes in at 40 calories per cup and worth it for me. Seems odd to me now that I used to take my coffee black years ago.
  • Kushy8
    Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It may take some getting used to if you usually add milk and sugar, but I just put about 2 FL OZ of MILK (I use 2%) in black coffee. I used to think it needed loads of milk and sugar, but when I cut out most of it, and after an adjustment period, I found it was still very drinkable.
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hot & black. I used to work with a guy that would get a cup of coffee from the pot and add an additional tablespoon of freeze dryed instant coffe. Now that real coffee. He died young --- just wondering ?????
  • TraceyG1971
    TraceyG1971 Posts: 123
    Options
    Sometimes I drink it black. Most of the time I use a little bit of milk. When I want a change I will add a tbsp of nesquick powder (30 calories).
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I only drink one 10oz cup of coffee on the mornings I'm at work (5 days a week), so I figure I should be able to have it the way I want it! Hazelnut flavored coffee with 3 regular creamers, 1 hazelnut creamer, and 3 Splendas. It's like 60 calories total.
  • Celebi03
    Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Just plain black with a little bit of sweetener, and really hot.