I have been OFFENDED and everyone needs to KNOW IT!

Options

Replies

• mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That freaking made up word "hangry" and the idiots that use it....I am angry that you assume I'm hungry, other than that your an idiot in my world.:yawn:

What if I'm referring to myself? Hangry is a true state of being for me at times...
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Pronouncing the word NU-cle-ar to "Nu-CLE-Ler"...BUSH....Ughhhhh:noway:
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    How about "nother?" As in "a whole nother one" drives me crazy. It is ANOTHER not "a nother." It would be "a whole OTHER one." They even say it in movies and tv shows. Just sounds ignorant.

And while we're talking about this one, may I offer the following for your consideration:

"If so & so thinks fill-in-the-blank, they have another/a whole other thing coming." It's actually "think" -- they have another "think" coming. I'm guessing there are more people who say "thing" than "think" and it's just wrong, so please stop.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread. We have people that visit our forums from different countries, and all walks of life, so we dont' allow users to correct spelling or grammar because it comes across as attacking. I know this topic was not aimed at one specific person, but I'm going to lock it and keep it up so you can check out this lock message.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Take care,
    Rachel
    MyFitnessPal Staff

AAaaaaaaand this is why we can't have nice things. All of these mispronouncers getting all butt-hurt and bent out of shape. Can't we just all get along?
  • dfb2156
    dfb2156 Posts: 225
    Options
    ive been offended and everyonn needs to know it
    people must know that i wanna be a poet
    not rapper cuz people say rap is dead
    but these are my feeling trapped in my head
    people get mad when i reveal my feelings
    so i get pissed and try to blow up the building
    but then i look at todays generation of kids
    and get pissed when i see the way the lived
    little girl running around barley any clothes on
    spoiled little brats who spend their parents money till the does gone
  • MissKais0912
    Options
    my boyfriend says amblance... instead of ambulance... i litterally want to smack him when he does it!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. Why was the lock lifted? It's a like a gift from the mod gods.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. Why was the lock lifted? It's a like a gift from the mod gods.

I know! I think they realized that we aren't directing it at any particular MFP users. And we're not name-calling, like, "If you say _____, then you are a _____." We're just saying: "When someone says _________, it hurts my brain the way nails on a chalkboard hurts your ears."
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I feel good...should be I feel well. I blame James Brown.
  • samischell
    samischell Posts: 40
    Options
    Ok so here I go.... how about often...........offen... da instead of the. My name is Samantha not Smatha. My daughter is Shayla not Sayla or Shla!!
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I hate "alot". Someone once typed "alittle". That person was a lost cause.
  • christiangandy
    christiangandy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    me too, hehe
  • raspberrytartgirl
    raspberrytartgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    the only thing that offends me are people who are the grammar police and correct and obbess over spelling mistakes. I am from Arkansas y'all that is how we talk arouund my neck of the woods. we have more important things to worry over besides grammar
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker whose last name is Weiner. I pronounced it as it should be: WINER. He corrected me with WEENER. I wanted to tell him he spells his name wrong if that's how it's pronounced. EI vs IE...it's not hard, people.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    there are TOO many words for me to list that I think are pronounced wrong based on their spelling. however, my irritation (thanks to my mother who was an english teacher) are the way some words are spelled wrong on purpose. whazup. come on, just write "what's up". and it is WEBER (web-ber) not weeber. weeber would be spelled that way in order to be pronounced that way. just sayin................
  • BobMcCloskey
    BobMcCloskey Posts: 117
    Options
    Irregardless, I'd like to conversate on this frigdiddlin' topic.

It is ILL I NOY, not ILL I NOISE.

ASKED not AXED

Suh PO SEDly, not suh PO SA Blee

"My friends and I" not "me and my friends"

There is NO SUCH WORD AS Irregardless, there is an irrespective, and regardless, but no irregardless!
    (FYI: guess what I do for a living???)
  • BobMcCloskey
    Options
    and susequently
    subsequently*

I'm sorry, what?
    I'm offended that you're not using a browser that would have placed a squiggly red line under that when you posted it.
  • BobMcCloskey
    Options
    I think the OP of this meant people who say "sub seek quently" instead of "sub su quently" (with a soft u) :tongue:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I get more upset when people make up their own words I.E. conversate instead of converse.

Hey m y kid does that.

cons-strate instead of concentrate

..........................and I love her for it. :love:

Children are hereby granted immunity to criticism as regards such matters on the grounds that they are too cute.

On this I will agree :flowerforyou:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker whose last name is Weiner. I pronounced it as it should be: WINER. He corrected me with WEENER. I wanted to tell him he spells his name wrong if that's how it's pronounced. EI vs IE...it's not hard, people.

That guy is kinda screwed either way you pronounce that one!