Best Ice Cream Choice

Options
124»

Replies

• laurenmehrhoff
    Options
    I like TCBY frozen yogurt, the Cookies and Creme one is to die for and tastes like ice cream!
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Edy's Slow Churned is my favorite! So many fantastic flavors, yummm.
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero vanilla maple is exceptionally good...an entire pint for less than 200 calories!

They carry it in several flavors and as bars at my local Whole Foods.

It's made from whey protein.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    This is our fav.Like to add fresh berries
    http://www.edys.com/SlowChurned/Flavor/1791
  • smmorri
    smmorri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last night, I was looking for a lower calorie Ice cream option. I came across Blue Bunny. They have a wide variety of flavors, ranging from Fat Free, Sugar Free, and their regular Premium Ice Cream.

I chose the Fat Free, No sugar added, Vanilla. It only has 80 Calories per 1/2 Cup serving. I was afraid that it was going to taste bland, or have a funny after taste... Recently, I tried Great Value (Walmart's brand) Ice Cream, and you could undoubtedly tell that it was not full fat, full flavor, ice cream. But, I was happy last night, when I tasted Blue Bunny's Fat Free, No Sugar added! In fact, it was really sweet! It is sweetened with Splenda, and it is so good!

I measured out one, half cup serving. But, I enjoyed it so much, I measured out a second scoop!
  • vburnett
    vburnett Posts: 5
    Options
    Not really ice cream per say, but I like to treat myself to lo fat, no sugar added fudge bars b/c they're usually around 100 calories. Also, I like Walmart's mini ice cream sandwiches at 100 cal. each. Just a nice sweet treat on those days when I can't spare the calories necessary for the good stuff- Blue Belle's Cookies and Cream! :-)
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I didn't read every post so someone may have suggeted this. But the Haagen Dazs Half Fat Lemon is SPECTACULAR!

Otherwise, go to a really good gelato place, get a single scoop of your favourite flavour, build it into your day and enjoy!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I tried Arctic Zero and it tasted like mildly sweetened water. Weird consistency and definitely didn't trick my taste buds. I let my boyfriend try it and he thought it was a joke.

If I want ice cream, I usually go for Ben & Jerry's nowadays and just eat a little less. I'd rather 1 cup of that than an entire pint of Arctic Zero!
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars... satisfied my chocolate and ice cream cravings... completely!!
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Blue Bell - Spiced Pumpkin Pecan or Red Velvet Cake

You're welcome.
  • chelctate
    chelctate Posts: 9
    Options
    I am absolutely hooked on the Fruitare Bars. They are only 60cals and SO GOOD! Tons of flavors as well. I prefer eating bars vs out of a carton simply because it is already portioned and I don't feel like I need to go back for more. Once it's done, it's done!
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Breyers Natural Vanilla. 5 ingredients, no "junk" or chemicals in it. 130 calories.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry Greek yogurt. Yummy!
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    i personally enjoy slow churned much better than the normal ice cream
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead, and get the one you crave the most. That way your satisfied. Don't just buy a gallon and keep it in the fridge. Make it a special outing and a reward
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Breyers naturals strawberry is only 14g carbs and 7gfat per serving (half cup). Not too hard to fit a serving or 2 into your macros
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I get Schwann's Ice cream/frozen yogurt. It is a delivery food brand up here in Michigan. I'm not sure if you have it where you live, but they have all sorts of yummy bars and frozen yogurts, and some that are the "Livesmart" kind which means that they are better for you (low fat, or low cal). I like the Strawberry fruit bars that they have, and the peach frozen yogurt.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Homemade coconut ice cream...

8547117119_6a956bf204.jpg

8490608267_b1cbcc59c2.jpg

....hnnnngg!
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's cinnamon bun ice cream.