Options

exercise.png

4.44 mi today. Trying to catch back up!
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Tuesday- 5.2 miles
    Wednesday- Rest in anticipation of Thursday's race
    Thursday- 3.35 miles- Won my first race ever tonight! I was hoping to get out and stay up front and when we got to the race, it was 50 degrees, spitting rain and windy. I knew right then I wasn't going to PR and got kinda bummed out about it. Anyways the gun went off and I took off and sat in third, caught second before the mile (7:09) and kept charging forward. I was surprised how well I felt after going 7:09 the first mile and continued to catch the leader before we looped the course. I had a 10 meter lead at the halfway point and made a HORRIBLE mistake and ran around the track again instead of veering left out of the gate.. I ran about 60-70 meters before someone told me to turn around. By this time I was devastated and knew my shot of winning and PR'in were slim to none. Went through 2 miles in 14:21 (7:12) and actually picked off runners that had passed me after my error, I moved into second and my friend who I passed and was in third told me to "get that *kitten*" haha.. I felt like I was fading and not catching him and was just holding on, by the time we got into a backstretch outside of the football field a huge gust of wind was directly against us. I made my move in that 50 meter stretch and pulled even with the leader.. by then I was so tired.. I just tried to hold on.. He was dying too.. got into the gate, held with him til about 150 to go and took off. Still can't believe I won.. feels.. unreal. Final time 21:45.29. HUGE 57 second PR and gives me some mad confidence going into the summer. I believe my final mile was like 6:48 so I closed a lot better than it felt. So proud and so glad I could share my first ever win with you guys.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 8.25 miles yesterday

exercise.png
  • Carlton_Banks
    Options
    Tuesday- 5.2 miles
    Wednesday- Rest in anticipation of Thursday's race
    Thursday- 3.35 miles- Won my first race ever tonight! I was hoping to get out and stay up front and when we got to the race, it was 50 degrees, spitting rain and windy. I knew right then I wasn't going to PR and got kinda bummed out about it. Anyways the gun went off and I took off and sat in third, caught second before the mile (7:09) and kept charging forward. I was surprised how well I felt after going 7:09 the first mile and continued to catch the leader before we looped the course. I had a 10 meter lead at the halfway point and made a HORRIBLE mistake and ran around the track again instead of veering left out of the gate.. I ran about 60-70 meters before someone told me to turn around. By this time I was devastated and knew my shot of winning and PR'in were slim to none. Went through 2 miles in 14:21 (7:12) and actually picked off runners that had passed me after my error, I moved into second and my friend who I passed and was in third told me to "get that *kitten*" haha.. I felt like I was fading and not catching him and was just holding on, by the time we got into a backstretch outside of the football field a huge gust of wind was directly against us. I made my move in that 50 meter stretch and pulled even with the leader.. by then I was so tired.. I just tried to hold on.. He was dying too.. got into the gate, held with him til about 150 to go and took off. Still can't believe I won.. feels.. unreal. Final time 21:45.29. HUGE 57 second PR and gives me some mad confidence going into the summer. I believe my final mile was like 6:48 so I closed a lot better than it felt. So proud and so glad I could share my first ever win with you guys.

Strong run! Good job, can't wait to hear how well you're going to do under better conditions.
  • astrotam
    astrotam Posts: 153 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Only 2.9 miles today. I have my 5K coming up on Monday, though, so after resting over the weekend, I should be golden!!!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    warriordude- :happy: :happy: :happy: THAT IS FANTASTIC! I'm so happy for you! To win a race is awesome, but to win it after running further than everyone else is incredible! WAY TO GO! You've worked so hard for this. Congratulations! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I am enjoying tomorrow off and then back at it on Sunday!
  • j_courter
    Options
    5/25- 16.5 miles

exercise.png
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    @warriordude Congratulations, that's absolutely awesome!

Mon 6.4, Tue 6.9, Wed 8.1, Thu 8.8, Fri 8.2, Sat 9.1 and Sun 8 miles.

exercise.png
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    @ warrior - congrats!! That is so awesome.

2013/05/21 - 1 mile (sprint repeats - crossfit)
    2013/05/23 - 1 mile with my learn to run group.
    2013/05/25 - 9 miles. I ran this leg of a relay (it's a photo of the photo they give to the finishers of this leg, it's considered the hardest). I'm pretty freaking proud. Especially considering I found out a few days ago I was running it.

IMG_0644.jpg

WTD - 11 miles
    MTD - 36
  • actlc
    actlc Posts: 84
    Options
    WTD 38 miles
    MTD 133 miles
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WTD 26.5 miles
    MTD 106.5 miles
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Check :flowerforyou:
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    MAY WEEK 1: 29.72
    MAY WEEK 2: 36.85
    MAY WEEK 3: 37.51

MAY WEEK 4: (my mileage was a bit low this week because I was tapering for my trail race on the 27th!)
    5/21 - 3.22
    5/23 - 6.85
    5/25 - 5.12
    WTD - 15.19

MAY WEEK 5 (so far):
    5/27 - 16.84 - Sage Burner 25K Trail Race (according to my Garmin it ended up being quite a bit longer than 25K)

May MTD - 136.11

May Goal - 150, Miles Left to Goal - 13.89
  • j_courter
    Options
    3dogsrunning- WOW, that's quite a view!!! What was the elevation change?! Yikes!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    3dogsrunning- WOW, that's quite a view!!! What was the elevation change?! Yikes!

I was wondering the same thing, hopefully it was downhill.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I was wondering the same thing, hopefully it was downhill.

Nope, uphill.

Mapmyrun has it as a total ascent of 1295 ft. maximum elevation of 1,332.02 ft. The total distance was around 9 miles (14.7 km), the first 2m were rolling, then 6 miles to the top, the last 3 to the finish line were less of an incline, but had a couple steep hills thrown in.

Did I mention the guy who won the leg ran it in just over 57 minutes?

ETA -

Oh and 4 more miles today (Tuesday track, 400m repeats).
  • Carlton_Banks
    Options
    Ran 4 yesterday and 7.5 today

exercise.png