Replies

• 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yummmm...bumping for later!
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    Options
    Stove top homemade sweet potato hash with apples, cinnamon, and white onions :) YUMYUMYUM
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I wrap in paper towel and microwave for 4-5 minutes and drizzle with a little honey :-) delicious!
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    I like to put mine in the microwave then cut them open and eat them with a spoon.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    This may have come up already. I like baked mashed sweet potatoes with garlic, ginger, nutmeg, orange juice, mashed carrots, chopped pecans mixed in, and pecans on top.
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick stuff, sprinkle with cracked pepper and barbeque rub, cut wedges of potatoes, and bake. Yum.
  • Ellienana
    Ellienana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ellienana
    Ellienana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vanessamichener
    Options
    Using a mandolin I make thin slices spray with oil (PAM or whatever you use), add salt and then bake them at 425 to make them like sweet potato chips. I dip them in a health ranch dressing (which can be skipped). Its my healthier version of sweet potato french fries which I love!
  • callherbeautyxo
    callherbeautyxo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like to add brown sugar and a table spoon of light omega butter with mines. It fills me up and tastes delicious!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    rubbed with olive oil lightly, sprinkled with salt and black pepper, bake for an hour.

cut open spread with 1tsp smart balance or whatever kind of butter you deem worthy, more salt and some cayenne pepper.

(you need very little butter and oil so it's not like breaking the bank on cals, but makes a huge difference in taste. the cayenne makes it interesting together.)
  • Meecro128
    Meecro128 Posts: 20
    Options
    someone recenlty posted a way to fix regular potatos as a healthy fry option and I'm thinking it would be good with sweet potato's as well.

Wash the potato, then slice like you would a potato chip BUT leave it attached at the bottom. Do a drizzle of EVOO and then broil. She used sea salt, I'm thinking a sprinkle of cinnamon might be nice.

The regular potatoes are really nice if you mince garlic and put that between the slices, or put sliced shallots in them. drizzle with olive oil and a bit of salt/pepper.

That does sound really good for the sweet potatoes! I'd probably make mine a bit unhealthy though, with some butter rubbed in between the slices and sprinkled with a brown sugar cinnamon mixture

2 sweet potatoes to 1 regular potato both microwaved (or baked, I rarely have time for that) and roughly mashed up with a sprinkle of chopped chillies, fresh coriander and a bit of feta cheese is lovely.
  • rowysui
    rowysui Posts: 1
    Options
    How appropriate, I cooked with them last night!
    I have 2 really good easy options for sweet potatoes!

First one really tasty and easy, cut them into long wedges and par boil for about 10 mins, then roast (season with salt and a little olive oil) for about 10 mins (or until crispy brown on top). Then dip into either sour cream or mint yoghurt dip (greek yoghurt or plain yoghurt with a little mint sauce).

second option, they are great in fishcakes - mash together boiled sweet potatoes with pollock {(or any other white fish, some fresh herbs, pepper, a little lemon, salt/pepper, golden breadcrumbs and mix then mold together. Wrap in cling film (in small ball shapes) and leave to set in fridge for 30 mins or freezer for 10. Then grill on med-high heat on each side for 15-20 mins (when firm and golden on top). No need to use egg if you are careful enough.
  • magsi5
    magsi5 Posts: 2
    Options
    that sounds delish, gonna give that ago this weekend, also butternut taste very similar roasted and less calories than sweet potatoes.
  • GJRicketts
    GJRicketts Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Grab a Bombay Spiced Potato mix and knock it up with sweet potatoes instead for a sweet/spicy flavor combo. Works every time for me and I use no fat of any kind to make it up. Onions, Sweet Potato, Tomatoes (tinned usually), Bombay Spice mix and chicken or vegetable stock. Feel free to chuck in other veg or even chicken breast. For additional flavor, add smoked paprika and Maggi Instant Seasoning. YUM!

Oh boy - now I know what's for diner this evening! Thanks for this thread :-)
  • aimeefoot86
    Options
    Sweet Potato and Rosemary Soup or Chilli, Sweet Potato and coconut soup are amazing and very filling.
  • harrylanders
    Options
    Bake (or microwave) them whole and top them with salsa. Or hummus.
  • babsibou
    babsibou Posts: 2
    Options
    Did them grilled over the weekend. Nice addition to summer grilling! Cut them into 1/2" wedges, place in ziplock with olive oil, rosemary and garlic. (I used minced garlic and dried rosemary, but fresh can be used or powder). Don't recall the measurements, but it would depend on how much sweet potato you used. I just shook it up, let it marinate for an hour or so. Grilled on medium 10 mins (or so depending on thickness) each side.

Quite good!!
  • haywood87
    Options
    Wow I love sweet potatoes because they are so versatile. One of my favorite ways is baked sweet potato fries. They require only 5 ingredients and about 20 minutes. Check the recipe on my site http://www.injoymint.com/blog/article/?sid=108
  • Equina
    Equina Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump