Can you lose weight if you only eat oreo cookies?

Options
dessyjo
dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
I've always heard you could eat whatever you wanted if it fit in your calorie limit, so let's say the only thing you eat is Oreos 24/7 without tiring of them. Would there be a difference in your weight loss if you ate 1500 calories of oreos vs eating 1500 healthy calories? Is it really just about the numbers or is there more to it?

Replies

• bonelessskinless
    Options
    IN BEFORE BLOOODBATH.

you can do it but your body deserves better fuel.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Yes, 1500 calories is 1500 calories. Would you be full? Would you continue to have energy? Would your health improve or decline? Those are totally different.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    IN....for the incoming science.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sure! It's possible, theoretically. However, it'd be rather difficult because oreo cookies aren't very filling or satisfying so it would be difficult to eat a proper amount of calories per day of only oreos (without overeating) and actually feel good and satisfied. Oreos also aren't very nutritious and don't give your body all of the nutrients it needs, so a diet of only oreos would be a very unbalanced diet and would probably leave someone not feeling very good and possibly sick after a while.
  • carabeth87
    carabeth87 Posts: 3
    Options
    Lol yes but how much muscle tone and toning up your body would Oreos do? Probably not much?! Lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in...to be a wise a#$

as long as you wash your Oreos down with raspberry ketones you will be OK
  • nikkiw29
    nikkiw29 Posts: 25
    Options
    I think you might lose some weight...but you would be completely malnourished and probably feel like crap!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    This would only be fun for the first day.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't think this'll be any sort of bloodbath.

Technically, yes. But no one's living for long on only oreo cookies. At 1500 calories that's 30 Oreos. That's a tasty night of shame eating, but it's not anything that'll get you through your day. Much less several.

And now I really want Oreo cookies.

To answer your hypothetical question, yes, all that matters for weight loss is calories. But no one recommends exclusively eating cookies.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    You can cut the oreo calories in half if you pull them apart first, then only lick the icing out. That way, you can eat 3000 cals worth of oreos a day. Imagine the joy!

This also works with ice cream. If you eat ice cream from the bottom of the carton, you will actually lose weight. It's called "negative calories".
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Let me add before this gets to out of hand that, NO I am not going to do this, I love my fruit and veggies, but my curiosity was killing me.
  • TimeForTheseMuscles1
    Options
    .............................................Try it and tell me.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You can. However you would lose muscle mass as well as fat mass, skewing the numbers, you would risk overworking your pancreas, you would be tired most of the time due to insulin spikes and dips, and you would be incredibly hungry because of the lack of food mass.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Lol yes but how much muscle tone and toning up your body would Oreos do? Probably not much?! Lol

How much do vegetables tone your body?
  • jonscruggs
    jonscruggs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You'd be mega hungry. Plus, you'd be lacking tons of nutrients. Calories are calories, though, technically. I wouldn't do it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think you might lose some weight...but you would be completely malnourished and probably feel like crap!

malarky! Oreos are an essential part of any nutritious and wholesome diet...
  • elleryjones
    elleryjones Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The studies haven't been fully analyzed yet on Oreos, but I'd be willing to volunteer for the next round. Although I'd prefer Twizzlers...
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This is like asking. can I fuel my car with high test octain, or some black market Russian vodka.

Sure they will both get you were you are going, but the vodka ride is going to be a hell of a lot more fun. . . till you blow your engine out.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes, but you would probably feel like crap, become deficient in a lot of vitamins , and other stuff.. so I wouldn't recommend it.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you'd probably OD on sugar, and die... At least I would, if I ate ONLY cookies.

And, I would assume you could lose with a straight Oreo diet, but your body won't thank you so much... Eating salads, fresh fruits, chicken, fish, and more foods I don't want to write, will both satisfy your hunger and provide you with the proper balances your body needs... You'd probably feel happier and overall healthier eating all these foods compared to only Oreos... Your body would not receive proper nutrition, you will not feel satisfied, etc.

But then again...
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
    this guy did it... But then again, he drank a protein shake, took multivitamin, and still involved veggies into his daily diet... There's no way to say that it's good/bad, but you still need to give your body essential nutrients to function!