Can you lose weight if you only eat oreo cookies?

Options
12346»

Replies

• LilMissDB
    LilMissDB Posts: 133
    Options
    You haven't done Tim Tams properly unless you have done the Tim Tam straw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcVkBY00A2k

I think you mean Timtam Slammer... and he totally did it wrong in the video - the whole point is that you only suck until you taste the hot drink then out the whole biscuit in your mouth where it dissolves into deliciousness. His just dissolved in the cup, what a waste :P Ps. wish I had a Timtam
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Will it work with Hydrox also?:bigsmile:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Now I want Oreos with peanut butter M&M chasers. :sad:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

I think you mean Timtam Slammer... and he totally did it wrong in the video - the whole point is that you only suck until you taste the hot drink then out the whole biscuit in your mouth where it dissolves into deliciousness. His just dissolved in the cup, what a waste :P Ps. wish I had a Timtam

pfff. Philistines. thou shalt not incorrectly slammeth thy tim tam. blasphema! im from new zealand. you get your ar$e kicked for even joking about something like that.

for real.
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you love the sugar crash effect and want to feel like crap all day, then yes.
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've always heard you could eat whatever you wanted if it fit in your calorie limit, so let's say the only thing you eat is Oreos 24/7 without tiring of them. Would there be a difference in your weight loss if you ate 1500 calories of oreos vs eating 1500 healthy calories? Is it really just about the numbers or is there more to it?

Depending on how long you did this, eventually, mal-nutrition would set in... Then, you would have diseases like scurvy and barry-barry (sp?) and cancer. So for a short time it could work, for a long time, it's not worth the risk.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    http://www.cnn.co.uk/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Weightloss and health are not one and the same, and that is where what you eat becomes important. You can sure lose weight eating just Oreos, though.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that sugars in foods get converted to carbs.. that get converted to fat... :indifferent: Each healthy... eat lots of fiber, veggies fruits.. etc... stay active and you'll probably do much better..:laugh: Your body needs nutrients.. even though you may feel you need oreo cookies... :noway: :noway:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Will it work with Hydrox also?:bigsmile:

only if you blend it with benitol and then eat with nutrisystem...
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Just eat sensibly. If you want oreos, EAT OREOS, but one or two as opposed to a whole pack. There will always be more oreos.

I used to think that about Twinkies and look what happened!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Just eat sensibly. If you want oreos, EAT OREOS, but one or two as opposed to a whole pack. There will always be more oreos.

Twinkies will come back.

It's those yellow Zingers that we lost forever.

il_340x270.207530215.jpg
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    liquify the orea and then give yourself an enema with it.

That should work...
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Twinkies will come back.

It's those yellow Zingers that we lost forever.

il_340x270.207530215.jpg

Sorry. Comment disqualified due to lack of chocolate.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Well, I just put it into my food diary and this is what your macros would look like:

28 oreos for the day

1493 calories
    65 fat
    9 protein
    1307 sodium
    131 sugar
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Why dont you try it and let us know how that works out for ya...
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    no you could die if you ate nothing but oreo cookies, i would starve to death , i think i am the only person in the world who thinks them things are nasty nasty nasty.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    http://www.cnn.co.uk/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Weightloss and health are not one and the same, and that is where what you eat becomes important. You can sure lose weight eating just Oreos, though.

note it also said he took a multivitamin and a protein shake daily..
    his overall weight loss resulted from a caloric deficit, not from the "quality" of calories, ..
    ultimately , even a "fad" diet like this is not sustainable.
    it was an interesting experiment.
    so back to OP , will you lose weight on 1500 calories of oreos a day. YES
    is it healthy- No - but you already knew that.
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options

pfff. Philistines. thou shalt not incorrectly slammeth thy tim tam. blasphema! im from new zealand. you get your ar$e kicked for even joking about something like that.

for real.

Yes, but I am from Australia the home of Arnotts and we call in the Tim Tam straw and admittedly he didn't do it right on the vid he should have used the double choc they work out best. Besides I had the training here when I moved from New Zealand. :smile:
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    There's a documentary of a person losing weight on a mc donalds diet. It can be done, but I wouldn't recommend it.