confronted girl-mcdonalds-ceo we-dont-sell-junk-food

Options

Replies

• imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yeah right, it is the advertisings fault that children eat McDonalds at 9 years old...because I am sure they are the ones driving themselves there to get it and paying for it...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I have never taken my kids to mcdonald's. I also don't let them smoke. I personally don't see the difference.

It is junk food. How is it NOT junk food?

I bet they're eating mcnuggets and smoking a pack a day behind your back.
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have never taken my kids to mcdonald's. I also don't let them smoke. I personally don't see the difference.

I agree. We all know cigarettes are bad for us and wouldn't give them to children. Mac D's and all it's counterparts are high in fat, sugar and salt, it's highly processed garbage. Excessive consumption will lead to diabetes, stroke and heart attacks. It should have a health warning on the box.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    The kid creeps me out...
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I see no problem with eating at McDonalds for adults or children. I eat there but prefer other fast food places. A happy meal with chicken nuggets / hamburger, apple slices and milk is not an unhealthy choice for a child. In my opinion, it is better to teach your kids to select healthier choices when faced with options than to hide places like that from them. When they get old enough to go to fast food on their own they will go there if they weren't allowed to as a child. If you shelter a kid from something, they are very likely to rebel and try it anyway. My cousins who are 7 have always been taught whats a healthy option when eating out and they by default pick the healthier options whenever we go out. Sure they occasionally want a sweet or candy but more often than not, they ask for a salad, chicken, a bowl of fruit, etc.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Yea, great job mom. Teach the kid to blame others for what people put in their mouths instead of teaching moderation and personal accountability.

EXACTLY! Next she will go after the spoon industry for making large size and leading to eating disorders. FFS!
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    I agree with what have said about the kid may rebel. My husband cousin has 3 children the one is in middle school about to go into high school and they dont let him have any junk ( Candy,Chips, Pizza, only fast food is subway ) when they're around. If he's going to a party he has a to take a vegetable tray with him and they get him subway on the way there and he's not allowed to have any of the treats at the party ( It's happened a ton of times at family functions )
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:

I love this kid. She's got guts. Good for her! And of course she's "coached" by her parents - THEY'RE HER PARENTS. Kids learn from their parents and their parents' choices - good and bad.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:

I love this kid. She's got guts. Good for her! And of course she's "coached" by her parents - THEY'RE HER PARENTS. Kids learn from their parents and their parents' choices - good and bad.

So, despite the fact that the parents have control over the child's food and habits, it's okay to push one's agenda on a child because you think it's the right one. Should we also have 9 year olds protesting abortion and gay marriage, even though they have no concept of an alternate opinion? As long as we think it's right. ... Right?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Jebus people!

Vote with your dollars.
    Stop being lemmings.
    Take responsibility for yourself.
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ugh! This article fired me up! What this woman is teaching her child is that all accountability for the food we CHOOSE to put in our bodies lies with the companies who make it. I enjoy eating McD's once in a while and I won't stop. It is my choice and my body and I am intelligent enough to make that choice! How dare this woman insinuate that I am not in control of my own actions.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sure, treat your kids to mcdonalds once and a while, big deal?

It's an issue though when thats all they are eating - fatty, processed foods.

Take some damn responsability for yourself and your children.

^^ THIS. Also remember, most McD's have playgrounds for your children to play after they eat. I'd much rather take a child to McD's and let them play on the playground for 30 minutes after, then feed them pizza rolls and corn dogs and let them watch TV all day.
  • gallerygirl21
    gallerygirl21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

^^ THIS. Also remember, most McD's have playgrounds for your children to play after they eat. I'd much rather take a child to McD's and let them play on the playground for 30 minutes after, then feed them pizza rolls and corn dogs and let them watch TV all day.

Don't let that fool you! Those playgrounds are a marketing ploy to have your child scream to stop there. There are playgrounds mostly in inner city mcdonald's, not in more affluent areas. It is not only a way to get your kid in there, but to get you to stay and keep getting more food. It is disgusting. Yes, there is always personal accountability, but don't give McD a bunch of credit for being socially responsible.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I agree. We all know cigarettes are bad for us and wouldn't give them to children. Mac D's and all it's counterparts are high in fat, sugar and salt, it's highly processed garbage. Excessive consumption will lead to diabetes, stroke and heart attacks. It should have a health warning on the box.

LOLerskates.

Fearmonger much? And looks like you eat plenty of highly processed things as well
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I don't mind activism. I believe in equality, marriage for everyone, etc. What I don't like is when extremism is used to try to convert thinking. I'm for animal rights, I just don't think bombing a testing lab or throwing paint on peoples fur coats is a good way to show one supports it. Oh and using children to try and get that point across.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Don't let that fool you! Those playgrounds are a marketing ploy to have your child scream to stop there. There are playgrounds mostly in inner city mcdonald's, not in more affluent areas. It is not only a way to get your kid in there, but to get you to stay and keep getting more food. It is disgusting. Yes, there is always personal accountability, but don't give McD a bunch of credit for being socially responsible.

All else aside....I live in suburban Phoenix. There are more millionaires in my zip code than anywhere else in Arizona... I only know of one McDonalds that doesn't have a playland and that one is located in a retirement community.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Options

I had McDonald's maybe once a month as a kid and played on their playgrounds and I turned out ok. I'm just saying don't blame McDonald's, parents make choices for their kids to either eat or not eat there. McDonald's employees are just trying to collect a paycheck like everyone else.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I don't typically allow my daughter to eat McDonalds, but I am also not going to allow her to blast the CEO of McDonalds. It is MY responsibility to teach my daughter healthy eating habits.

With that being said, I would not freakin' have a heart attack if she was in a situation where the only thing to eat is McDonalds. Everything in moderation.

I'd rather eat Chick Fil'a :bigsmile:
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm taking my son to Mickey D's after his baseball game tonight for a Happy Meal and Milkshake. Some of my fondest memories as a kid were my Dad taking me there after my games.

Did I get overweight because of that? No. I'm just lazy and I love beer more than pants.

Suck it, angry kids.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Options
    I don't typically allow my daughter to eat McDonalds, but I am also not going to allow her to blast the CEO of McDonalds. It is MY responsibility to teach my daughter healthy eating habits.

With that being said, I would not freakin' have a heart attack if she was in a situation where the only thing to eat is McDonalds. Everything in moderation.

I'd rather eat Chick Fil'a :bigsmile:

Chick Fil A.....mmmmmmm I'm hungry now!

:tongue: