Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I bought one. Way back when. It's in my pantry now with all the other "time-saving" gadgets. I come accross it ocassionally when I am looking for my Jack La Lane Juicer or Ronco Rotisseirie, Electric Food Dehydrator, Cuisinart Food Processor, Presto Wafflemaker or Pasta Maker.

They are great time savers, but I'm always having to move them and then clean the shelving with Kaboom and my Shamwow.

Lately I just do all my cutting on the cutting board with a cleaver and then throw it on the grill or in an old fashioned skillet. Going old school.
    happy0194.gif

OMG!! I SO understand where you're coming from, yeaaaa, those ads get ya everytime, don't they though, thinking we're gonna be doing all sorts of dehydrating, juicing, waffling, pasta makin.:laugh:

Ohhhhh and and the fry daddy... ROFL Like that is SO not being used these days, I think I actually gave that and the juicer to someone on Freecycle.

You crack me up with this post:tongue:

Well from what I've read and what you've shared, you're the quite the cook and 'gonna be' chef so I'd be whipping things up your way myself if I was in that category. :drinker: I don't have an area to grill, I'd be all for that if I did!!

So it'll be George doing the grilling here. Way way too hot to use the oven, I don't even know when I last used it this Summer. I've been using the Crockpot ALOT but hey, you can only get so excited about that if it's what you use all the time:noway: :tongue:

Thanks,
    Becca:flowerforyou:

Damn. Forgot about the Fry Daddy. Got one of those too.

Remodeled my kitchen a few years back and put in a pantry just for all these specialty items. Also put in a second oven. The irony is that I love to BBQ and I spend most evenings out in the back BBQing. I do all the cooking in my house, and, unless my wife is having a wine-tasting party or one of my daughters asks for something that I can't BBQ, I rarely use my kitchen except as a prep station.
    Dang, I'm not so sure you NEED Chef school!:wink: You sound pretty talented already in the cooking dept.

Ah yes, 2 ovens, you are a chef! Love to tour the kitchens of Chefs ( a couple friends), they contain EVERYTHING and it's all stainless steal and looks soooo fine!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Oh almost forgot! Here's what I got today George wise..the small one was like $19.99 and I popped it open and thought, yikes, hm, could be tricky to even put 2 chicken breasts in there. So looked at the model next to it (way bigger) and thought OHHHHH me likey!! :wink: Didn't see any on the shelf but did notice they were on clearance for ..get this! $20.99!!:laugh:

The guy hunted around and found me one! So yay I can now do chicken or whatever and not have to use the oven or take the long drive up to OR with the rest of you:tongue:

So now why did I need the food processor? LOL Cause it was on clearance?? oye It was a great deal, I was thinking, Pesto, Pita Bread, and I know there's more I had in mind, well besides veggies etc.

It's not a giant one but it's not a tiny one, I'll need to research why I need one now:blushing:

Oh, and Happy Birthday Mike and enjoy the day with your family!!:flowerforyou:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bump
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Dang, I'm not so sure you NEED Chef school!:wink: You sound pretty talented already in the cooking dept.

Ah yes, 2 ovens, you are a chef! Love to tour the kitchens of Chefs ( a couple friends), they contain EVERYTHING and it's all stainless steal and looks soooo fine!

Definitely not a chef; just someone who loves to cook.

Retiring in 6 years and moving to Vegas to take the Le Ciordon Bleu courses. Then I can claim to be a chef.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm a George Foreman lover too! I actually own two:blushing: lol....I got my first one ( a small one about 5yrs ago when my family was smaller....then I upgraded to the large one about 2 1/2yrs ago and I love it...I cook EVERYTHING on it! Defenitly a good buy!!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I just finally purchased a GFG - Tried burgers last night and they were wonderful - can't wait to try some of these other ideas.
  • ladyj44
    ladyj44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a george foreman grill and it is great, i have cooked burgers, pork chops, and fish , gonna try shrimp this weekend....I love it!!!
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love my George :)

We make wraps, paninis, grilled chicken, grilled salmon, even some grilled veggies! Don't think I would have been as successful without it, honestly. For me, it basically eliminates the need to add extra fats, oils, etc.!

When you cook salmon how do you get the grill to stop smelling of fish?
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yummm, grilled yellow squash on the foreman, grilled green tomatoes, grilled zucchini, grilled anything.
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the emeril grill I really like it. I like to cook a lot of foods on it. Did you ever try hot dogs they come out very good and it is fast.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bump
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Love my George Foreman as well!! We use ours almost everyday. My favorite is grilled tilapia then put it in a wrap topped w/alfafa sprouts. Yumsters!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Love my George :)

We make wraps, paninis, grilled chicken, grilled salmon, even some grilled veggies! Don't think I would have been as successful without it, honestly. For me, it basically eliminates the need to add extra fats, oils, etc.!

When you cook salmon how do you get the grill to stop smelling of fish?
    Vinegar and a bit of baking soda is what I've heard works well :)