What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Almost always 1-2 eggs over medium with a piece of whole grain toast, half a grapefruit, and coffee with a little sugar and skim milk.
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have coffee then I have a protein shake

cup of skim milk, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, handful of ice cubes, 1/2 Tablespoon of each Hershey's dark cocoa powder and instant coffee, and the smallest banana in the house.
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my weakness, then a smoothie later on with 1/3 c almond milk, protein powder, pear, spinach and a few ripe strawberries.:wink:
  • hausisse
    hausisse Posts: 90
    Options
    One of those brown rice cakes with almond butter sprinkled with either unsweetened cocoa, cinnamon or raisins and some kind of fruit dipped in Greek yogurt. Today I had a bunch of strawberries :3
  • tamramakin
    tamramakin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been waring with myself over this very question, I am simply NOT hungry in the morning. Not even a little bit, in fact, food kinda makes me nauseated, if I eat it before 9:00 am or 10:00. I have not eaten a regular breakfast in thirty years, it is not surprising that I do not feel hungry, and that is not something I can expect to change overnight. I do however drink two cups of coffee in the morning with real sugar and sugared creamer, which has about 200 calories in it. Coffee is a non-negotiable, and I am not giving it up, or the sugar or creamer. My compromise to the breakfast dilemma is to start snacking on my way to work, I pack a serving of almonds, or a healthy cereal bar in the car and nibble until I get to work. It may not be ideal, but I feel that I am on the right track to changing my eating habits. I am gradually moving the bulk of my caloric and nutritional intake earlier and earlier every week. In time I may find that a breakfast works its way into my life, and dinner becomes a series of nutritious snacks. For now, breakfast is coffee, and dinner is still dinner.
  • knot2thin
    knot2thin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This week is omlette week. Made sunday night. 4 eggs, 2 oz. ham 1 cup spinach, 1 green onion, 1 cup mushrooms, 2 oz. shredded cheese and 1 tablespoon butter. makes 4 servings at 154 calories.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    whole wheat toast with peanut butter and fruit.
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I normally only eat in the morning when I work out. Then it's "oatmeal" (I don't only use oats but also buckwheat, spelt,...) with oatmilk, some cinamon and vanilla for taste, a bit of protein powder and some frozen berries.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    most days a smoothie made in the nutribullet with kale,hemp or flax seeds,greek yogurt,frozen fruit and almond milk
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    Bacon
  • xoxobollywood2
    Options
    Eggs, either scrambled or hard boiled..
    Oatmeal with fruit..
    PB & J or Banana..
    Yogurt with granola..
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    - Scrambled eggs with salmon and spinach
    - Shirataki noodles cooked in chicken broth with broccoli, an egg, nutritional yeast, and sardines
    - Tuna and an apple
    - Greek yoghurt. Half of it mixed with powdered peanut butter, half with chocolate protein powder, then folded together and frozen.

Sometimes in the morning I have a savory tooth, other times a sweet tooth
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    My fav is Vanilla Honey Greek Gods Yogurt with cut up grapes and celery in it and a little cinnamon on top. But I like Peanut Butter Waffles n Orange Juice. or what is really good but is kinda high calories is an Omelette with Taco Meat,Cream Cheese,Tomato Basil Feta,Onions,Sweet Peppers n melted cheddar on top. Had Lemon Ricotta Pancakes when ate out once and those were super super good haven't tried making those yet but gonna have to try to make those sometime.
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Egg Beaters, 3 slices of turkey bacon and either a sandwich thin or banana.
    Sometimes I make a wrap with the beaters, bacon, salsa, and spinach on a 90 calorie Flatout flat bread.
    Or just a light yogurt and some fruit.
    Depends on how much time I have.
    I'm on WW so they end up being anywhere from 2-5 PP.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Greek unsweetened yogurt with banana and strawberry drizzled with honey

2 Hard boiled eggs , coffee, and 1 piece of rye toast

1 Egg Hard boiled, 1 banana, 1 piece of bacon, piece of rye toast (had this today and it was amazingly low calorie)

I LOVE Cream of wheat with 1/2 banana and some honey

An apple and some cheese

cottage cheese and an apple (i dip my apple in it.. LOVE)

Breakfast smoothie - unsweetened greek yogurt or kefir, 1/2 banana, frozen berries or peaches, 1 scoop protein, and some almond milk
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Brain thanks for reminding me- When I cruise I love having a bowl of watermelon and a ton of smoked salmon and some tomato slices. The smoked salmon near me is not as good.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Black coffee
    Protein shake (unflavored - no sugar) made with OJ, cranberry juice & unsweetened coconut milk
    2 cage free high omega egg omelet with fresh spinach, red onion, red or yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, and some Swiss in a pan greased w/ virgin coconut oil.

Some times I change around what goes into the omelet, but pretty much the same. It's about 1/3 of my calories for the day, but it carries me through to lunch with plenty of energy. I like to eat a light lunch and a nutritious snack a bit later and save the rest of the calories for dinner or as a buffer.

Basically lots of protein and a few servings of fruits & vegetables (peppers are fruit) sets me up right and allows me room for some carbs later on where the food choices may be more unpredictable.
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are my FAVORITE! Or Greek yogurt w/ homemade granola and fruits. Unfortunately I'm low carbing right now and those aren't really options :( Boo.

SO! For now, my go-to's are a yogurt, berry and nut parfait (no oats or granola) or some chicken sausage + egg or egg whites.

For all you yogurt eaters: if you would like to avoid the extra calories/sugars in the flavored yogurts, you can buy plain and flavor it with Torani or DaVinci Sugar Free Syrups :) I have my yogurt this way every time and it saves me calories and carbs. Or, of course, you can mash up real fruit in the plain yogurt cup (easiest with berries) and add some Splenda/Truvia/whatever and that will give it good flavor, too.
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I start with 1/2 an organic Granny Smith Apple, a palmful of celery (plus 1/2 a tablespoon of ranch, can't eat celery without it). I also take 1/4 of a cup of "Love Good" granola (dark chocolate flavoured), add it too 1/3 of a cup of whole wheat life cereal, and pour in 1/4 of a cup of Silk Pure Almond Dark Chocolate milk (it gives me a good chocolate fix ;]).
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    It depends on how hungry I am. If I'm really hungry:

1/2 c. rolled oats (cooked, of course), with 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup
    2 slices whole-wheat toast with 1 tbsp of apple butter
    Fruit, usually a banana or blueberries

If I'm not so hungry:

1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
    2 slices of whole-wheat toast with 1 tbsp of apple butter
    Fruit

I feel like the first one is really carb-heavy, but I struggle to find healthy breakfast items with a lot of protein in them. I don't like eggs except in egg or potato salad, and sausage or bacon is way too greasy for me in the morning. And I would switch to Greek yogurt for more protein, but I'm on a limited budget and it costs over twice as much as the regular stuff.