OK I'll bite, why does everyone go crazy for squats?

Options

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    For myself, squats dont just give me a bangin bottom half, they eliminate all cellulite.

Quoting and bolding because IT HAPPENED TO ME TOO! :flowerforyou: :love: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Not eliminated, but my cellulite has really reduced a lot in appearance. Everyone on here can call my bluff on this...but my hips (and *kitten*) don't lie!
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For me it helps with the serious case of "no-*kitten*-at-alls" I have. Baby is building back 1 squat at a time!

^this gives me hope!!!
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Strong_Glutes_and_calves.jpg

She has a fantastic *kitten*, but those legs...Wow

OP- I think you get the point by now.

Yes.....this lady has a very, very messy closet.

Lol her *kitten* looks great too

Yes, she has a very nice butt and legs...the booty though, I'm gonna say she got all that from her momma...because no amount of squats is gonna transform a pancake into all that, LOL. With the way you guys are talking, maybe I will give them a second try though.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Helps the ladies ride the pony better.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Because I like to trail run and having a strong butt and legs gets me up the hills. And because I like the way I fill out a pair of jeans.
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    The crazy feeling i get after breaking a old number
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Why do you do squats? To turn FLAB into FAB. Proof.
    6553648_2068.jpg
    And @GnomeLove I think this is proof that squats take a flat less than spectacular (#2 baby destroyed) nearly 30 year old butt and make it pop. So no, it isn't all from your mama.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cuz they make a booty FINE.
  • welshryan
    welshryan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    For me it helps with the serious case of "no-*kitten*-at-alls" I have. Baby is building back 1 squat at a time!

I hear you!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Yes, she has a very nice butt and legs...the booty though, I'm gonna say she got all that from her momma...because no amount of squats is gonna transform a pancake into all that, LOL. With the way you guys are talking, maybe I will give them a second try though.

Agreed. That *kitten* is a special, special *kitten*. A gift from the greater beings.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I don't why anyone wouldn't love them. Easy to do, anyone at any fitness level can do them. No equipment or special training is required. You can bust out like, 100 of them - so it makes you feel accomplished even though you didn't kill yourself at the gym, so that feeling keeps you motivated, they lift up the butt and shape the legs, works outs a major muscle group, helps with stability and toning your core.

Squats are pretty much the perfect at home workout if you can't/don't want to gym-rat it up, when used in conjunction with other major muscle group exercises.
  • GnomeLove
    Options

Agreed. That *kitten* is a special, special *kitten*. A gift from the greater beings.

Lol...yes. But she really does need to work on her organizational skills.
  • lsaysen
    lsaysen Posts: 1
    Options
    lol, because the butt is what's up! lol
  • Cassandrat83
    Options
    Causes more muscle and strength gain than any other exercise imaginable.
    Hits more muscles simultaneously than any other exercise imaginable.
    Trains multiple muscle groups in unison to function in a natural motion.

does all of this more efficiently than isolation exercises and in a much shorter time frame

ETA:

gives you da badunkadunk*

THIS!!!! I do squats and lunges everyday to keep the butt!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm not. They make my thighs humongous! They are already humongous without them.

No, they don't

I assume you have personal knowledge of my thighs? LOL. For a lot of people they seem to work out great, but my leg muscles do end up getting a bit too big for my liking...and I already have a big ole ghetto booty anyways.

Yes I am an expert on your thighs and they aren't getting bigger by doing squats unless you are doing heavy, hypertrophy sets and eating a surplus. They may build a little muscle and appear to be bigger because they are more defined but I would bet if you got out a tape measure they would be the same size if not a tad smaller.
  • JessicaMcguigan123
    JessicaMcguigan123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    left pic is my bum after my baby..no *kitten*. right is yesterday, day 7 of 30 day squat challenge.. excuse the minging pants

945178_10152260605350016_1032399231_n.jpg
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love squats. I know there are some ladies here who said because they already had a big backside and muscular legs they thought them unnecessary or that they made the thighs even bigger...that has not been my experience. I've got hips, thighs, and a big ol booty too but squats is tightening everything up nicely. I think some pear shaped women don't want to shave all the fat and build "more" muscle because they are already so conscious of the "heavy" bottom half. That's fine and too each her own but I like muscular legs. I think they are beautiful and I think I'm kind of lucky that as a pear shaped woman I never lusted after really "slim" thighs. I want mine to slim down some sure but I want strong muscular legs that look like the work I've put into them. I also want my backside to sit up at attention for as long as possible so...back to my original statement...I love squats.
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love squats!!!! It's probably my favorite exercise to do at the gym. I started with body weight squats, then dumbbells, now i can squat 100 lbs after a few months. My legs are not only more shapely, but they are stronger and less 'jiggly' now too. I've always had more of a behind too but now it sits nicer and yes, I will agree with the other posters on here saying that cellulite has greatly diminished.
  • GnomeLove
    Options
    All my squat loving people, please answer my thread about this subject - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1005045-alright-you-have-beat-me-into-submission
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Question for squat fanatics. We do jump squats with hand weights in boxing. We do all out calisthenics fast... like racing fast... so bad form might be the source of the problem. I find that when I've been doing these daily... for a week or two.,, my knees start locking up. Any advice?