im at the end of my rope!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If I dont feed my hubbe enough, he will disappear....152 lbs at 6 foot tall! I made turkey meatloaf the other day, chopped veges tiny to go in it. then separated into two piles. I used flax seeds to hold my loaf together instead of the crumbled garlic bread I used in his. I made gravy and potatoes for him and roasted squash for us both. I had a salad too. No biggie...same cooking time.

Also, if your hubbie likes fried chicken and fish, then fry it while yours bakes. I don't eat any grains or sweets. unless I cheat which is rare. There is no reason you can't make a healthy version of what you are cooking him. and having cooked chicken breast is a life saver. eat tons of salad greens. after you eat and he pulls out those dang heart attack ruffles, put on your shoes and walk around the block so you don't have to smell the devil chips!

I cook completely different stuff sometimes because we both need it. My hubbie must have the calories and I have to give him some stuff that would never cross my lips like potatoes and white rice/gravy. it's okay. I just make the veges I like the most. It is a little more work but it must be done. My hubbie is at least supportive tho he says he loves me fat or thin. However, supportive doesn't matter cause you can be creative and cook things two ways at once....keeping the peace is important too. Feed him his crap and you choose to eat healthy.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Salsa Chicken

3 3 ounce pieces skinless/boneless chicken breasts
    1 can rinsed black beans
    1.5 jar chunky salsa
    1 cup frozen corn
    2 cups rice
    235 calories a serving will feed 3 people

Put your chicken in the crock pot. Top with the rinsed black beans, salsa, and corn.
    Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours, or on high for 4-5.

So easy and yummy

If your hubby don't eat, than more for you! I had to double my recipe. You can eat on this all week.
    I added garlic powder to mine. If you make crockpot meal for it will give you & him more time to do something
    Else to do besides getting on each others nerves. Most of the time I eat separate foods but, I do the cooking so I make it the healthier way. If he does the cooking he makes it his way I just eat something else. My husband drinks pop eats honey buns Doritos and everything else. He buys them not me. He carries what he calls a snack bag. I never look in there. I eat cheap you just have to learn to cook cheap. Veggies are so cheap so have a plate full eat your heart out
  • lazydaydays
    lazydaydays Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi Sorry to here that your husband is less then supportive, i would try cooking what he wants and just having a little yourself, if your having sausage mash just put less on your plate and fill up half your plate with salad ( that way you wont feel your missing out by having different meals, do this for all meals.

keep logging even when your at your goal weight, this has to be a lifetime commitment , good luck ( add me as a friend if you want.)
    Tracy