Ladies ONLY - Do you weigh more on your period?

Options

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Yup at least 2 pounds
  • ArieMc88
    ArieMc88 Posts: 18
    Options
    yup 5 lbs more :explode: its aggrivating! I drink lots of water n when its over its gone!
  • erinls76
    erinls76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    absolutely
    35033720.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I know I retain water before and during my period, its not unusual- just annoying!
  • Mrsbasford
    Mrsbasford Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am so relieved to know my 2 a day workouts and diet changes are for nothing. I wanted to cry this morning when I weighed myself.Thank you for asking and thank you for that knowledge.
  • mommy8777
    mommy8777 Posts: 15
    Options
    Totally normal... I actually go up between 5-7lbs but I pound alot of water to stay hydrated during my TOM. To avoid the let down feeling, I simply avoid the scale then lol.
  • xoxsashaxox
    xoxsashaxox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was also getting really discouraged because a couple days before it started i put on 2 pounds and i started thinking all my efforts werent working. Then when it started i gained another pound. Now im still waiting for it to go away. Im 123 normally now im 125-126 every time i weigh in. Hopefully when my period ends the weight will fall off
  • 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    always! between bloating and water retention, it gets ugly. I avoid weighing myself during my period because i know i will be up and that when it's over i will be back to normal.
  • cunnyrat
    cunnyrat Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I weighed myself today and was about to cry. I will skip weighing this week. :D
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    yep, always up anywhere between 2 and 5lbs during that time. I continue to exercise at the same level/intensity during that time, but i dont record weight on that week :)
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yes always anywhere between 5 and 7lbs more from five or six days before until 2 or 3 days after then there's the bloating which can add 2 or 3 inches to my tummy as well. Very normal I think a lot if not most ladies get some degree of increase around that time.
  • hismuse
    hismuse Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Phew. I'm not going to weigh myself until this is over.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Yes, so now I just don't weigh myself during that period, and just focus on getting exercise in and staying within my limit.
  • fitmelrideough
    Options
    Nope! I actually look forward to it because I drop like 3 lbs, lol!
  • pattyjane17
    Options
    I gained almost 5lbs overnight and then I got my period today. I was hoping the 5lbs were due to my period since i've been working so hard at losing weight lately...Thanks for all of your comments! It gives me hope that the 5 extra lbs will go away as soon as the monthly punishment is gone!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I do normally gain weight before my period... But when I'm loosing weight I don't gain anything much before my period, maybe 100-200 grams. But during my first days of period I lose 1 kg, sometimes 2 easily...
  • LunaAmour
    LunaAmour Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was actually wondering if any of you ladies experience the symptoms of bloating and slight weight gain/stalls the week -before- you're due? I've been working out every day this week and staying well below my limit in net calories. My weight continued going down the end of this weekend and has since shot up 2-3 pounds in addition to my stomach feeling and looking bloated. I'm not due till about the 9th or 10th so I'm trying to figure out if it's related at all.
  • katshokola
    Options
    heh heh, great post :D and the answer is yes, sometimes up by 2 kilos (roughly 4 lbs) and it stays for the week :S and sometimes it comes on the week before.
  • fmmolina2002
    Options
    Thank goodness ! I was up 2 lbs and I have been watching g what I eat and keeping track of everything, sometimes I am even below my calorie goal, so I was getting worried. PERIOD DOES SUCK. ????
  • narsgirl79
    narsgirl79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! 3 to 7 lbs!! Its Rediculous I tell you!! I HATE IT!!! Drink pleanty of H2O to help with water retention :)