Best saying your mom ever said to you

Options

Replies

• M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but she has always had my back and I'd never forget that. So I will always have hers too. I couldn't pick a particular thing she has said but I have picked up a lot from her from how to carry myself with dignity and how to treat other people how you expect to be treated.
  • katya073
    katya073 Posts: 12
    Options
    " Good things come to those who wait"

....still waiting ????
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Marry a nerd.

I didn't listen, I wish I had!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    "Turn that radio down NOW!! You can't drive with it that loud!!!"
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    It will start with a kiss.... And of course, she was right! :laugh:

I have the best mother in the world. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ohsnapitssummer
    ohsnapitssummer Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    "They should put your picture on packs of condoms."
    When I was a kid, I was pretty hectic and out of control. I would randomly run out of my house and down the block completely naked lol
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    "They should put your picture on packs of condoms."
    When I was a kid, I was pretty hectic and out of control. I would randomly run out of my house and down the block completely naked lol
    Ha! I was a streaker too
  • sarahkay2007
    sarahkay2007 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't hold grudges, forgive and let go. Best advice I've ever been given
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    "When in doubt.......don't"

That is a credo I now live by as it has been meaningful many times in my life.
    What needs to be done will always become clear :)
  • Tracey1147
    Tracey1147 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    "We'll see..." It always meant yes, so I loved to hear it! :laugh:

:laugh: My mum still says that and it always means no. I now say the same.

There are too many saying from my mum over the years to know where to begin but the simple "I love you" is guaranteed to make me smile.
    Also, your not that important for people to notice and talk about you as much as you think they do, so if they are going to say anything, let them get on with it and you only worry about you being happy (I'm sure she worded it much better but vcan only remember the gist of it)
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    "I'm your mother... If I don't tell you that you smell, who will"?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    "Why Me." & "I hate you" that was the last thing she ever said to me. I was 12. I walked away and never looked back.
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Don't let people mistake kindness for stupidity ,and I never have since:) thanks ma
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    "Why Me." & "I hate you" that was the last thing she ever said to me. I was 12. I walked away and never looked back.

tumblr_lqltyuWHwx1qd33az.gif
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

tumblr_lqltyuWHwx1qd33az.gif

snuggieparty.gif
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    My birth mom abandoned me as a baby, so the best thing I have ever heard my mom (who adopted me) say was that she would "always love me, no matter what". And, she has weathered every storm with me ever since.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    "Are you comfortable with that answer?"

Said by my mom to my older brother. He had snuck into a rated R movie after being dropped off by her at the theatre to see a movie with a friend. When he got home later, she asked what movie he saw, and he said the name of a PG-13 movie. My brother was so freaked out by this response, he confessed on the spot. (She didn't KNOW he went to a rated R movie, but had an inkling).

My kids aren't quite old enough to need to break this out on them, but I'm looking forward to it.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    "Life isn't fair..."

And danged if she wasn't right about that.

BUT...you will never (nor has anyone ever) heard me whine, "That's not faa-iir!"
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    "Be a pretty baby."
    In my neck of the woods, it's another way of saying "be nice."
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    "oh balls" that was her favorites saying when she was pissed. Mom was from England, so she also said "bloody hell" a lot. I sure miss her..:frown: