What you love about where you live?

Options

Replies

• Susan0279
    Susan0279 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I love the way the city looks like at night from the lookouts on Mt. Washington. And of course the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates!
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love that I live just about exactly in between NYC and Boston, in a house on a few acres in the woods. So we are living in a rural area, but we can take day trips into either city whenever we want to mix things up.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    the palm trees
  • mnflame
    mnflame Posts: 24
    Options
    I live in South Jersey and I mostly like it... I live 10 minutes outside of Atlantic City, an hour away from Philly and two hours-ish from NYC, but the area that I'm in (aside from the traffic) has a small town feel to it. I love that I'm so close to "big cities" but I don't have to live there.
  • str8ngefruit
    Options
    I love football (Go Falcons!!!!), peanut butter, and lazy Sunday mornings :-)

I live in the UK and have been blessed with one full day of sunshine. I'm a happy camper
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I live right outside of Ann Arbor, Michigan.. great college town is about 15 mins away but is all country where I am. Lots of restaurants, bars, family events like festivals and fairs.. Great people, lots of big parks, and lots and lots of lakes. Love it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I live in "the country", but we're still close enough to drive 10 minutes and get just about anything you can want. I like having bonfires in the summertime, and being able to run around the backyard in our underwear if we want since our neighbors aren't too close. I love that we don't have to adhere to subdivision rules and regulations...

I'm in Michigan, and very close to Lake Huron and Lake St. Clair (grew up on the water)...I love that we get to experience all 4 seasons, yet we don't get the scary extremes that other parts of the U.S. have (no hurricanes, earthquakes, massive flooding, etc.). I don't love Michigan drivers or snowy/icy commutes to work, but you take the bad with the good...
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    I live on Whidbey Island in Washington state. I'm surrounded by mountains and the ocean. Hiking is easily accessible most anywhere.

DeceptionPass_zps5084c2ca.jpg
    Deception Pass - you can see the San Juan Islands in the distance. Such a beautiful site. Moved here over a year ago and didn't know such beauty even existed.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I hate Cleveland, except I LOVE the lake.
  • IzzyM210
    IzzyM210 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hate to sound negative,I'm really not that kind of person but not very much.It's too himid/hot,the winter season is non-existant in South Florida! Maybe the the beach that's 5 minutes away from my house I guess...but I don't know how to swim so...yeah pretty much pointless. :huh:
  • singha99
    singha99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    North Fort Worth, TX :-) I live in a nice suburban neighborhood with great shopping, restaurants, nail salons, massage salons, movie theater, gym, hospital, plastic surgeons (note the plural LOL)...and HORSES AND COWS GRAZING right down the street, COYOTES roaming the grrenbelts, RABBITS on the sidewalk and lawn, AND HAWKS stalking EVERYTHING. :-D And some of the neighbors have GOATS!!!! They are the CUTEST :-) We got it ALL :-)

Oh yeah and the most HORRIBLE drivers and even more HORRIBLE traffic. You have been warned :-)
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    currently nothing... maryland is getting crazy with all the bs laws, taxes, etc...

I miss Alaska.

Yes, I am on the Eastern shore and I hate it. Have lived here for a year. I could get double the house down south or up in Alaska instead of living in this little townhouse that smells like cat piss and cigarettes. I'm not crazy about the people around here either. I miss Alaska sometimes. I was in Eagle River, by Anchorage.

Yup... I'm on the western side, not much better here, just over priced, over crowded.. I was in Anchorage and loved going up to the Jims creek to go silver fishing... man that was so much fun..
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    Apple pie moonshine. :drinker:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Country girl. I love that my son can go outside and play, disappear for hours, walk a half-mile to the neighbors, and I don't have to worry about him. Plus the wildlife...foxes, pheasants, owls, snakes, hawks, crickets and frogs, etc.
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The weather and this :)

image_zpsb207d68f.jpg
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The red and green chile only found in New Mexico (USA, folks). Besides that, very little. I much prefer the beaches and relaxed lifestyle found in Southern Cali, where i'm from...
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    The wild animals that come into the yard in the mornings, the sweet smell of the sage, the millions of stars I can see at night, the quiet of the country......................
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm in Mobile, Alabama right now, and I LOVE the bay, and I love the cypress trees and the Spanish Moss. The sky here is incredibly blue, and there is a lot of life here, there are trees that make the road feel like you're driving in a little fairy tunnel of greenery. It's the most beautiful city I've worked in. It has some rough parts and some people here struggle to make ends meet, but the people here are hospitable and the food is AWESOME. If you haven't had a crawfish poboy, you need to.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    We are guaranteed a long, hot, sunny Summer in the Washington state desert :glasses:
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I live in northern MI, and I live about a mile from Grand Traverse Bay. I love everything about my town (Traverse CIty).... the beaches, the activities, the beauty of everything around me. People pay a lot of money to vacation here, and I live it every day!

I LOVE TC! I would love to live up there. That's an amazing part of MI.