What you love about where you live?

Options

Replies

• samischell
    samischell Posts: 40
    Options
    We Have mountains and hills everywhere. 1/2 hour drive and you are deep in the mountains by a lake. It's beautiful. Gods country.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    That I am close to work (I love my job) and live by myself with a gym down the street... otherwise, I miss my home town.
  • ndegwa
    ndegwa Posts: 169
    Options
    Quite central in the UK
    great for traveling
    5 minutes into the peak district and away from the hustle and bustle.
    Great for mountain biking.
    Lovely scenery on the door step.
    Voted the friendliest city in the UK
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I love the cherry blossom the oak trees in the front gardens. Love the parks lakes willow trees and ducks and swans. Love the eastury beach and being only an hour by train from London :love:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Not the best photo from the back of my house. Can't see the gorgeous Owyhee mountains. But, I love it!

269560_10150299078353834_2245118_n_zpse8b6a047.jpg
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love the heat of being in the south and living on a lake.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I'm in Western NY (Rochester). I hate that we never have enough sun, and we have long winters...
    But we have gorgeous summers. And Rochester has an obsession with festivals!!! There is one almost every weekend! I LOVE it.
    Festival season kicks off with the Lilac Festival which is 10 days long. Then we move into the East End Music Festival (3 festivals - 1 in June, July, and Aug), the Park Ave Fest, the Clothesline Arts Fest, the 10 Ugly Men Fest, the Corn Hill Arts Fest, the Grape Fest (wine country -Finger Lakes- is 30 minutes away!!), the Greek Fest, etc...
    Also the Party in the Park! Party in the Park is a concert every Thursday night for 2.5 months and its only $2! The season starts with Blues Traveller! haha

And once the festivals start slowing down (Sept/Oct), pub crawl season starts! We usually have 10 different pub crawls going on all for different charities. :smile:

We love festivals, pub crawls, parties, fundraisers, etc... There is a strong sense of community here. And young people who grow up here, about 80% of them complain about Rochester and want to leave. 50% of those actually do, but almost always come back. The other 50% of them stay, eventually stop complaining and then love that they are close to their families and friends.
    People stay.

I'm originally from MD. People are very different here than down in MD. I actually found that people are much more friendly here than in MD. I was surprised by that. :flowerforyou:

But I'm moving to Hawaii in 2 months. So we will see what I love about Hawaii other than sunshine and ocean.
  • ravenbard
    ravenbard Posts: 51
    Options
    Love the little cute chipmunks.. but the rabbits here eat up all my flowers, as do the deer.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    live in a small town where my kids go to school with the children of the kids I grew up with. And on the same page...I went to school with the kids of people my parents knew...I like that it has that continuance. And I know my daughter's children will go to school with the children of people she grew up with. I like that we all connected on some level.

Another thing I like about where I live...I don't have to pay rent. Whoo hoo. And we have a super helpful neighbor. I like that neighbors can help each other without others thinking they have an ulterior motive.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I live in central VA. Just a couple hours to the west, I love the Shenandoah Valley & Blue Ridge Mountains. Yes, I once visited the real Walton's house (from the TV show). A couple hours to the east, there's the beach. City living, rural living, mountains, beach, whatever pleases you can be found here.
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know it's cliche, but I live in the perfect-weather-year-round Southern California. As nice as it is, it can get hot and our sunshine is intense, but the beauty of it is, you can always get a cool breeze if you step in the shade.

I grew up in the central valley of California and the heat in summer is oppresive and the only relief is to sit still in an air- conditioned room. The air is thick and stepping into shade only serves keep you out of the sun but the heat remains.

So, shade & cool ocean breezes, even in the summer heat, is what I love about where I live!

Oh, and I almost forgot, the glorious pink & coral colored sunsets over the Pacific Ocean!
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I live in Chicago, right by Lake Michigan (I can see it from my window). I love the easy access to the lake path for running :-)
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love that I live near the mountains and the ocean and the city and the woods all at once

thats nice to be able to enjoy it all, i love hiking so i love the mountains

Southern NH
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My town is a quiet, small town. Most of everyone knows everyone. All the kids that go to school with my oldest daughter are kids of the people I grew up and went to school with. The winters aren't bad and the summers are hot, and we are only a couple of hours from the beach. And luckily, for the most part, we have been very blessed when it comes to bad weather and natural disasters. I'm in North Carolina by the way
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I live on Whidbey Island in Washington state. I'm surrounded by mountains and the ocean. Hiking is easily accessible most anywhere.

DeceptionPass_zps5084c2ca.jpg
    Deception Pass - you can see the San Juan Islands in the distance. Such a beautiful site. Moved here over a year ago and didn't know such beauty even existed.

that is so beautiful i would love to be right there right now enjoying the beautiful weather to its fullest
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Las Vegas, NV - I've been here for about 13 years now and LOVE :love: everything about this city. It's diverse cultures, friendly people, beautiful desert scenery, mountains surrounding the valley, 24/7 lifestyle... EVERYTHING! It's the best of both worlds. There is always something to do: shows, restuarants, movies, bars, sports venues. And the outdoor lifestyle is ideal. We live on the edge of town with open desert across the street. When I run in the AM, I see bunnies hopping across the trail, and I have seen some coyotes in my neighborhood. But in 10 minutes I can be in the heart of the Strip. 30 minutes away is Lake Mead or Red Rock Canyon where you can spot desert bighorn sheep while out for a hike. Sure, it's hot in the summer. But everything is air conditioned, and we only have to drive an hour away to be on Mt Charleston where it's 20 degrees cooler. An added bonus is that our plans are hardly ever affected by the weather...we're only rained about twice a year! :bigsmile:
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Not being landlocked and getting a moderate taste of all 4 seasons --- NJ pride
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    The weather and this :)

image_zpsb207d68f.jpg

that is very beautiful to you must love it
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    I love NOTHING about where I live. It's Northern VA near D.C. Hideous area of strip malls and condos.
  • JacksMachine
    JacksMachine Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I own it.