My success with Jillian Michael's workouts

Options

Replies

• staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I love Jillian's workouts so very much. You should look into Body Revolution- it was my favorite of all.
  • qnguyen17
    qnguyen17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, amazing results! How many days did you do the 30DS straight and then took a break? I started on day 1 and it left me feeling sore for 2 days! I'm thinking I can only do 4 or 5 days a week. Also how much did your dumbbells weigh? I am starting off with 3 lbs.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • katiwagner
    katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How did you decided on your calorie intake? I'm also 5'5 and weigh 152. However, my 152 doesn't look that good.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How did you decided on your calorie intake? I'm also 5'5 and weigh 152. However, my 152 doesn't look that good.

Kati,
    from what I read, 1200 is the absolute minimum you should intake to stay healthy.
    Given that 30 mins on the 30 day shred burns around 200 calories, and i eat back my activity points , that results in 1400 calories a day.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. Were you able to workout everyday? Or did you have days off?
  • Dena216
    Dena216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Holy hell! I did the exact same thing as you, but I didn't lose any weight, and only two inches, total, overall. I mean, I didn't exactly finish RI30 and 6W6P, but I got close. Some other things got in my way right at the end, and then I started IF, and now I'm back to doing videos whenever I don't feel like running or biking. Nice job! You look fantastic. :-)

Thank youuu! And I feel great too! I still have a lot of belly fat to shed so i am sticking to my JM regimen!

And i did not lose a lot of weight. The first 10 pounds were gone in the first 5-6 weeks and the last 2 come and go. Crazy fluctuation. I have had the same weight since i finished the 30 day shred. But I did lose a lot of inches since. I started with pants size 12, and i am down to a 6, and those started feeling a bit more comfortable!

Thats amazing! I have been doing the Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis for 30 days. It's a 90 day program and I purchased the abcentric dvd's since the belly area is my biggest trouble area. I only do the 30 min muscular strength but it's amazing, I've been slimming in my hips and thighs as well and went from a size 14 to a size 8. I cant wait til I get to a size 2 or 4 so seeing your results with Jillian dvd's helps me. I highly recommend Tracy Anderson metamorphosis.
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Oh wow, amazing results! How many days did you do the 30DS straight and then took a break? I started on day 1 and it left me feeling sore for 2 days! I'm thinking I can only do 4 or 5 days a week. Also how much did your dumbbells weigh? I am starting off with 3 lbs.

The first time I did it, my body ached for days, I couldn't even sit down to pee :embarassed:
    But I did it the next day nonetheless.
    On average i workout 5 times a week, with 2 non-consecutive random days off. I like to exercise on the week end in the morning. So whenever I had something planned in the afternoon or evening and didn't have time to come back home, workout and shower i skipped the workout. Other people did it 5 consecutive days then took 2 days off on the week end. whatever suits you i guess.
    I started with 3 lb weights but within 2 weeks i upped them to 5 lbs and i still use 5 lbs. however there were some moves that were too hard with a pair of 5 lbs weights and i could only do them with a pair of 3 lbs (or one 5 lb dumbbell instead of 2)
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    WOW! I suppose its time for me to pull my dvd's back out of the box! Great transformation :smile:
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Holy hell! I did the exact same thing as you, but I didn't lose any weight, and only two inches, total, overall. I mean, I didn't exactly finish RI30 and 6W6P, but I got close. Some other things got in my way right at the end, and then I started IF, and now I'm back to doing videos whenever I don't feel like running or biking. Nice job! You look fantastic. :-)

Thank youuu! And I feel great too! I still have a lot of belly fat to shed so i am sticking to my JM regimen!

And i did not lose a lot of weight. The first 10 pounds were gone in the first 5-6 weeks and the last 2 come and go. Crazy fluctuation. I have had the same weight since i finished the 30 day shred. But I did lose a lot of inches since. I started with pants size 12, and i am down to a 6, and those started feeling a bit more comfortable!

Thats amazing! I have been doing the Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis for 30 days. It's a 90 day program and I purchased the abcentric dvd's since the belly area is my biggest trouble area. I only do the 30 min muscular strength but it's amazing, I've been slimming in my hips and thighs as well and went from a size 14 to a size 8. I cant wait til I get to a size 2 or 4 so seeing your results with Jillian dvd's helps me. I highly recommend Tracy Anderson metamorphosis.

thanks!! Maybe i will try that once i am done with my jillian michael workouts!!
    and good luck to you too :flowerforyou:
  • chubalina
    chubalina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Jillian would be proud!!! Great job, you look amazing!
  • Car_vajal
    Car_vajal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!
  • Dena216
    Dena216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are my inspiration!!!!! I'm saving this thread so I can look back :-) I had my 2nd baby 6 months ago and I've just started 30 day shred last week. I'm also running now and doing Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis 90 day program. I've dropped 3 sizes in 2 months and plan to try to drop 2 more sizes at least. I have the belly like in your original photo, good to know I can lose that with working out.

Did you do any other workouts besides the jillian dvd's?

DKNY, no that was it! I only did that 30 min workout almost everyday, took a day or two off a week.
    I am a lazy person by nature and doing those 30 minutes was A LOT for me :tongue:

But they delivered and i am very satisfied. Other people did more cardio workouts and they had even better results.

Congrats on the baby! :flowerforyou:
    and good luck!!! If you need any suggestion or advice I can gladly help out

Thank you. You're so sweet. :-) It's a lifestyle change for me as well. I never lost the weight after my first baby, so this time I figured I had to kick the weight to the curb once and for all and not get lazy about it. lol. I am exhausted and work out 7 days a week right now taking breaks from 1 of 3 workouts when I can once or twice a week. I get discouraged easily if I dont see results so I figured the best way is to do it hardcore and the results are amazing so far. My only worry is that Jillian dvd's are to hard on knees and my knees arent what they used to be before the 2nd baby.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! People can hate ole Killian Michaels all they want but she's got it down pat! Her stuff works without having to spend hours doing it!
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    AMAZING RESULTS!!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great job! Now I'm super motivated to restart my JM videos after having my baby 5 months ago. I attempted it but I wasn't consistent. You've totally re-motivated me!
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Awesome job! People can hate ole Killian Michaels all they want but she's got it down pat! Her stuff works without having to spend hours doing it!

TOTALLY agree! I did recommend it to a couple of friends and some of them said: "I hate her"
    I was like: Who cares, she delivers! Just mute the sound
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Great job! Now I'm super motivated to restart my JM videos after having my baby 5 months ago. I attempted it but I wasn't consistent. You've totally re-motivated me!

Good luck!!!! :glasses:
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i've had the BEST results from 30ds. I also had great results from Extreme Shed and Shred. I got through month 2 of Body Revolution but didn't see the results I saw from 30ds. I'm starting 30ds again tomorrow for the month of June. Plus after seeing your results, I can't wait to do another round :)