30 DAY SHRED .. AGAIN

Options

Replies

• PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Will definitely keep that Fat Boost Metabolism workout in mind as I go along. After 5 kids, by body needs a lot more than just "toning" - lol. My biggest workout problem is that I'm a perfectionist. In my mind, if I start a workout program but miss a day or two, I see it as a failure and lose my motivation. I tried the P90X program a year ago, but after about 4 weeks, kids were out of school and there was just no time for such long workouts. Jillian's 30-Day workouts are just the right length, so no more excuses! I'm setting realistic workout goals so I have a better chance to succeed. Then if I have a day with extra time or energy, I can do an extra cardio workout or go for a run without the pressure of making time for the extra long workout again the next day. Hope that makes sense.
  • angryjake
    angryjake Posts: 39
    Options
    I loved the workout I got from Ripped in 30 when I did it about a year ago, but couldn't get through all four weeks because I couldn't stand Jillian Michaels's irritating chatter, especially the same irritating chatter every day for a week straight. Unfortunately, you need to be able to hear the cues that tell you when to stop all those exercises where you're staring at the floor or ceiling (i.e. plank, crunches), so just muting her isn't an option.

Can anyone suggest a similar workout but with a less annoying trainer?
  • paolawalter
    paolawalter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I start tomorrow!!! I'm super excited to see some results!
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    I loved the workout I got from Ripped in 30 when I did it about a year ago, but couldn't get through all four weeks because I couldn't stand Jillian Michaels's irritating chatter, especially the same irritating chatter every day for a week straight. Unfortunately, you need to be able to hear the cues that tell you when to stop all those exercises where you're staring at the floor or ceiling (i.e. plank, crunches), so just muting her isn't an option.

Can anyone suggest a similar workout but with a less annoying trainer?

Actually Jackie Warner's dvds are great! Any of them! They consist mostly of strength training and def kick your *kitten*! I think I will go back to hers once I am done the 30ds. It's just that the 30 ds gets so much damn attention on here lol
  • MarieAH79
    MarieAH79 Posts: 3
    Options
    I started the 30DS again after a couple of month break. I'm embarrassed that I needed to buy new summer clothes because last years clothes were too small. Hopefully I will get back into them soon.
  • Anmaple
    Anmaple Posts: 3
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today. And here's my measurements.

5/31/13
    Waist-31 in
    Thighs-24 in
    Arms-12.5 in
    Hips-38 in
    Chest-37.5 in
    Weight-159.6
    Height-5' ft 4 in

I'm glad to see that a lot of you guys are either starting tomorrow or are already in the process. It motivates me to have others doing it at the same time.

I was also thinking of doing c25k at the same time. Will I be overworking myself or is it possible?
  • lauriead215
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow. I had tried Level 1 other day, but tonight I made sure to buy the correct weights. I plan on doing it straight for 30 days, helps that I have something planned for July 4th and would help to be a bit more in shape.

Good luck to us all.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    What about hips measurements? And thighs, is this the upper thigh, ie thigh gap, or the lower thigh? :bigsmile: I do measure all-lower thigh 4in from knee, thigh gap 8 in from knee, waist is 3 fingers above belly button, rib cage under breast area, neck, calfs at 4in below knee.
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    wow guys, so many responses!

it's great to hear that your all so enthusiastic :-) you don't have to post measurements, I just did it because I know if I went on weight alone then I wouldn't have been happy! but take your own meausurements in whatever places you want! also, take progress pictures! I'm currently on my Tom so don't want to take a false picture with a big swollen belly lol!

I think it's great if you have an event coming up soon, it really motivates you! I think I'll treat myself to a bikini when I'm done! :-D

how will you reward yourself? xx
  • deannafaye94
    deannafaye94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started a few days ago. I've tried it before but gave up half way through and decided this time I'm definitely going to finish it. I only did 3 days of level 1 though because it didn't really challenge me anymore and I've just finished day 2 of level 2....I want to die :( I'm doing c25k alongside it and the 30 day squat, crunch, burpee and plank challenge. I'm also trying to power walk 10 miles a week, just cos it helps with the horrible knee pain that 30ds gives me :( I was just wondering how tall you are Rebecca, cos when you started the shred you had pretty much EXACTLY the same stats as I do know (I think I'm an inch bigger in one or two places but apart from that we could be twins!).
    Keep up the good work everyone! I know it hurts and your body is probably screaming at you to stop but whether you loose 20 inches or 1, the benefits to your health are undeniable!
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    I started a few days ago. I've tried it before but gave up half way through and decided this time I'm definitely going to finish it. I only did 3 days of level 1 though because it didn't really challenge me anymore and I've just finished day 2 of level 2....I want to die :( I'm doing c25k alongside it and the 30 day squat, crunch, burpee and plank challenge. I'm also trying to power walk 10 miles a week, just cos it helps with the horrible knee pain that 30ds gives me :( I was just wondering how tall you are Rebecca, cos when you started the shred you had pretty much EXACTLY the same stats as I do know (I think I'm an inch bigger in one or two places but apart from that we could be twins!).
    Keep up the good work everyone! I know it hurts and your body is probably screaming at you to stop but whether you loose 20 inches or 1, the benefits to your health are undeniable!

I'm 5 foot 5 inches I think! yeah, I've changed my mentality about inches and pounds! I still wanna lose 10-14lbs but if I lose more inches and look good then I'll accept 7-10lbs :-)
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I am restarting today. Hopefully I will be able to stick with it this time.
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    supposed to be day 4 today but my period is kicking me up the face today :-( so so drained, no energy at all, such bad cramps too and can't stop throwing up! just sticking under my calories and drinking as much water as possible! absolutely hating myself I can't do it today but I'm being honest writing on here, not gonna lie to myself or anyone else! trying to convince myself if I do it twice tomorrow will it make up for it but I'm not sure, either way, this will be finished before July 1st!
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    If i felt like that, doing the 30ds would be the LAST thing on my mind! Just feel better and get back to it when ya have energy! :O)
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    level 1, day 4 done and also 30 minutes on the cross trainer :-) feeling good! weights away because of TOM so hopefully it's down next week! x
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Very sore today and I have a hike planned for today. Uh oh
  • LexyLou_5
    LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Skinnyme44 - you are same stats as me give or take for few inches.

I have completed 30 ds level 1 day 4 but have also stopped/taken a 2 day break due to mother nature playing havoc with my hormones.

My aim to complete the 30 day by end of June, so i am allowing myself a few days breaks.
  • skinnyme444
    Options
    Skinnyme44 - you are same stats as me give or take for few inches.

I have completed 30 ds level 1 day 4 but have also stopped/taken a 2 day break due to mother nature playing havoc with my hormones.

My aim to complete the 30 day by end of June, so i am allowing myself a few days breaks.

yeah, we pretty much want to lose the same amount of weight also! weird lol! good to have people on here tho that are the same as you because you can work together and if someone my original size has reacted my goal size then I know it's do able! Mother Nature is killing me right now, craving so much junk food! hoping to be down to 10stone 4lbs something next week! want to e under 10stone by end of June :-)
  • LexyLou_5
    LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are much younger than me though.... :)

I did get down to stone 10stone 4 a week or so ago, however i have PCOS and my weight goes up and down daily so i am back up to 10.6 at the moment.

Are you uk or us based ??

I am liking the stone measuremetns rather than pounds.
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi, just saw your post and thought, why not, so am going to start tomorrow (got TOM today and really not up to anything) I have started it before but never made it past level 1. think my problem was i i was trying to do it everyday and got to a point where my body hurt so much that i just stopped. So this time im going to plan to do it 3/4 days a week to give my self a few rest days to recover (go for a run or something different).

Cant wait to see some results :D