How much was your vacation weight gain?

2»

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    I gained 5 lbs & lost it in 2 weeks.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    It's your honeymoon. I imagine you will be getting in plenty of "cardio" to offset not being careful with food that week.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    I went camping for the weekend and came home 3.5 lbs heavier!
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 912 Member
    Did 30 days of traveling...put on 5 lbs. Hoping some of that falls off quickly though!
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 123 Member
    First off, I LOVE ARUBA! It is sooo beautiful. We went there on our honeymoon also and we loved it.

I would say it would be easy to gain in Aruba but there is a lot to do there also. We climbed Mt. Hoyeburg (sp) and I am sure we burnt tons of calories doing that and also just walking the beach.

Enjoy your visit!
  • PaulNash9oU
    PaulNash9oU Posts: 2 Member
    It was about 6 lbs, but I didn't care at all, because I was in Aruba. The weight went away in about two months, with no effort.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I tend to maintain my weight on vacation despite eating dessert and drinking cocktails every day. This is because on vacation I love to do active things and get lots of steps. If you plan on doing more relaxing on the beach then it depends more on what you eat. You may gain a few lbs but it is ok, it’s your honeymoon! If you want to minimize that, just try to indulge in moderation.

Btw Aruba is beautiful and the people are very friendly! It is a very windy island which is good if you want to surf or sail and the beaches are some of the prettiest in the world. Enjoy!
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    I usually lose weight on holiday because I am walking more.
  • PaulNash9oU
    PaulNash9oU Posts: 2 Member
    As much as I remember it was somewhere between 6lbs and 8lbs, so yeah, you can tell, I've indulged myself a lot during our last vacation. But it was because I was in Aruba for the first time, so I have an excuse. I was surprised to lose it as quickly as I gained it, but I was happy to come back to my usual weight. They say, what was in Aruba, remains in Aruba, but well, I took a few pounds with me, and a bunch of beautiful memories. It was something about their food, that I couldn't resist, and I've spoiled myself too much, but it was worth it. If you ever have the chance to visit Aruba, do it.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    It's mostly going to be water weight and increased glycogen stores and unlikely to be body fat. This issue is so prevalent that most people give up on weight loss when they over eat for a day and weigh themselves the next day. The body fluctuations in water, salt, glycogen, and food in the digestive tract all play a role in overall weight. I usually drop 3 pounds after my work outs due to the release of glycogen stores, urine, perspiration. The human body such an awesome wonder!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    I tend to gain 8lbs eating what I like for two weeks. If I stick to a plan I can lose it in 40 days
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Zero. I didn't travel this year. This is the first time I haven't travelled since 1992!! :D:D
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Went for a week in a cabin in the woods twice this summer. Gained about 3-5 pounds when I got back (3 pounds in July, 5 pounds just a few weeks ago). Took 3-4 weeks to get all the way back the first time around and I still need to drop about 2 more pounds this time. I ate and drank pretty freely, and did not exercise much. But you can get back on track, and that is what is important. Just be patient. I am in maintenance so I have to eat at a deficit until I’m back to goal.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    WHAT vacation? We cancelled our plans because of COVID and have not gone anywhere this year. I am kind of amazed to hear people are going on cruises and to Hawaii. Not judging, just thought everything still had restrictions.
  • Noodlesprout
    Noodlesprout Posts: 15 Member
    A word of caution, I was in the best shape of my life having lost around 90lb for wedding. I allowed myself to eat all the things I hadn’t ate in 3 years on honeymoon and it was a slippery slope I couldn’t stop, 3 years post marriage and I’m now 130lb heavier :( I’ve lost 60lb of that gain this year but just wish I’d kept that healthy mind mentality.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    For a week I think I tend to gain about 1-2kgs, and then proceed to lose it in the next week back to normal.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    WHAT vacation? We cancelled our plans because of COVID and have not gone anywhere this year. I am kind of amazed to hear people are going on cruises and to Hawaii. Not judging, just thought everything still had restrictions.

This thread is from 2013. Only a handful of responses on the last page are from 2020.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    2 kilos but it was all worth it, I enjoyed myself.