will you ever be happy with your body?

Options
Hi, this is my 1st ever post. I am just curious if anyone is happy with their body? I am very close to my goal weight and I am being truthful when I say I don't think I will ever be happy with my body, I am a mum of two young children and have the stripes (stretch marks) to prove it. I'm not sure if getting to my goal will make me any happier with my body.

Is there anyone out there who is actually happy with their body or do we just focus on perfection? Xx

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I know I won't be. I always thought losing weight would make me happy, and it was always just 5 more pounds. Yet I wasn't happy even when I got down to a size 0. For me, it's not my weight I have to focus on, it's my mental state, and my need for control and stability.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My first goal was 150 pounds. I promised myself if I made it there I would be happy forever.But I wasn't. Same story for 140 and 130. I don't think I will personally ever find body love.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    No.

Once I finally get to the point where I'm happy with my weight. I will want to gain more strength, and a more developed muscular body.

I think I'm at the point that once I get close to any of my goals, I will already be thinking of the next.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i don't think being happy with your body really has anything to do with your body. i think it much more has to do with your mind. i never had any problems with my body at my high weight...and i doubt i will as i reach my goals. i really wish more people could feel the same way. it's sad.
  • HayleySinclair83
    Options
    Thank you so much for your honest answer. I will get to my weight goal and stop there,as it is easy to keep moving the goal. Then when will it stop? Your reply has made me think, maybe the problem isnt my body or weight, I need to work on my confidence, thank you for replying. I wish you the best x
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    There always seems to be something that can be improved on. I'm working on those chicken wings, flapping thighs and belly flab. But even if that gets fixed, then it will be the cellulite dimples, the extra skin and the stretch marks. AGAIN....there is always something else to work on! LOL
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Happiness is a choice we make. There are days I am quite happy with the changes in my body and other days I fixate on the few things that just won't be "perfect" and then I am unhappy. I generally focus on choosing happy and realizing that no matter WHAT I do, I will never be a 19 year old centerfold.....ever. So, for a 41 year old mom of two who can comfortably wear a bikini to the beach, wears a size6 and runs half marathons, I'm quite pleased with my body and what it can and does allow me to do!

edit:typo
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    This is one of the things I'm actually worried about. I'm worried I'll never be satisfied. But as long as I'm healthy and happy overall, I'll keep enjoying myself working out and try not to fret it. =)
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    some of you may need to seek professional help
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Sure. I'm happy with mine now. If I can improve on it, fine, but not a top priority.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy where I am now, but I know I need to keep pushing to better myself :smile:

I'm lucky I have no cellulite or spider vains or anything like that. I have a few stretch marks from growing as a kid you can barely see, but my skin is amazing... the one thing I hate, HAIR!!! I have a No-No and I will be taking care of that :bigsmile:
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I don't so. I mean I think you can not be disappointed with your body but most feel like they always need to improve on something. I will most likely be like that when I get to my "goal".
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am nowhere near the weight I'd prefer to be at but I'm taking my small accomplishments and letting myself be proud of them. It seems to help me realize I'm actually strengthening myself even though there isn't much visibly changed. The fact I can do a few push-ups now for example. I don't know if I'll be happy per se with the body but I am going to be proud of the fact that I'd done what it took to get there!
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nope, get ripped or die 'mirin
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever will be, so my goal is to hate my body as little as possible. That seems more attainable.
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will be, ever...
    I have hated my body since elementary school.
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    YES. It's a work of art! :love:
  • Lawngirl296
    Lawngirl296 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sadly I don't think we are ever "happy" with our bodies but hopefully we get to a place where are content and happy with where we are and what we have done!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I think we all have hang ups with our bodies some more then others. Me I have always struggled with my body image. I just had my second baby 8 weeks ago via c section. Before I got pregnant I was pretty happy with my body now I am struggling with the weight that wont go away quick enough. My daughter will be 15 and it took me a long time to learn how to feed my body healthy whole foods and exercise properly and to quit mistreating my body with poison and toxins mentally and physically
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people need to focus on loving themselves BEFORE getting to their goal weight. If you don't already, you'll just continue to be critical of yourself. I didn't like my weight but I didn't hate my body either.

If you're aware that you don't love your body (Regardless of size), stop and focus on that for a while. Your mental healthy is way more important than a number on a scale.