What was your very first car?

Options

Replies

• Happy2Shop21
    Options
    A '72 Dodge Dart that my Dad sold to me to get to/from college. It had no air conditioning, no power steering, no power windows or power brakes, No neat little nooks or pockets or cup holders or a vanity mirror.

But it did have a radio. Woo hoo! :drinker:

Sounds a lot like my first car. I had a ’91 Mazda 323, 2-door hatchback. It was white and my friends nicknamed it the “Egg”. It was missing paint, no air conditioning, no power steering, and no cup holders, only one outside rear view mirror on the driver side, no power windows, no tinted windows, no automatic door locks, and the back hatch squeaked beyond belief. However it did have a radio with tape deck, so I could blast the music to cover up the sound of the squeaking. It had automatic seatbelts (that were recalled and I never had fixed, I was 18 what did I know) and busted CV-boot joints. So it sounded like a beast when taking corners. LOL. It was also a manual transmission with a slightly burnt out clutch. But hey, it got me from point A to point B and never left me stranded. At that time gas was $1.07 a gallon.
  • Front_Runner
    Front_Runner Posts: 175
    Options
    1980 Datsun that I bought for $500 in 1999. I miss that car.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    mazda_miata_yellow_1992.jpg

1990 Yellow Mazda Miata :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    198X? Dodge Charger Hatchback----his name was Charlie
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    74 plymouth scamp
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1969 AMC Ambasador. V8 343. No air, but it had an 8-track.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    The car every 16 year old dreams about

...Dodge minivan.
  • crystalreaves2
    crystalreaves2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

...Dodge minivan.

My best friend drove a 1987 Plymouth van it was the "salad tossed" lmao...oh high school

Mine was a 90 nissan sentra 2 Dr the radio didn't work and it was a manual I loved that car!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    71 Toyota Corona, in Parakeet Blue, named: Millennium parakeet..
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I got a 1979 Ford Mustang for HS graduation, and then totaled it on my 2nd day of college. It was good while it lasted.
  • Quattrone21
    Options
    1993 Ford Taurus... i loved it so much i wanted to see if it would float..... R.I.P. with the fishes

Then i got my Camaro i wanted from the beginning
  • Kilokata
    Kilokata Posts: 111
    Options

...Dodge minivan.

Ha! I had a friend in highschool who had a minivan. He was everybody's best friend because he could shuttle like 8 people to different places. That guy was great.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    1990 Toyota Celica 3 door. Had to teach myself to drive a standard with it
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    1981 Datsun pickup. That thing would go everywhere!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My first car was a yellow 1965 ford, four doors. I only had it acouple months when my brother and his friend came home on leave from the army and they totaled it.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    1979 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Rocking the Cragars and glass T-tops.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Toyota tacoma.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    chevy metro coupe

42 miles to the gallon

I wish I still owned it.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1980 Chevy Monza. Gears so loose I didn't need the clutch from 2nd through 4th. Got me to and from school from 1986 to 1988, and then I sold it for $400 to buy another crappy Chevy. You think I would learn - still driving Chevy vehicles.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1972 Chevy Vega, baby! Bought in 1976. Had a cool light blue stripe right down the center of the front hood. It used as much oil as it did gasoline and was in the shop was much as it was on the road. What a gawd-awful hunk of junk..