will you ever be happy with your body?

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I'm not unhappy about it now. My husband can attest to that. Do I want to lose more? Yup.

At this point I'm really just getting happier and happier with each pound lost. So the question is, how happy am I going to get with my body? :drinker:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I worry about that too...I have lost 43lbs and honestly I can hardly tell. Everyone else says they notice. I worry when all is said and done and all the weight is off I still won't be happy and will see flaws in myself. But I am trying to work on my self esteem too...It's hard!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Most likely not. I was thin when I was in my twenties and thought I was so fat. I look back on pictures now and long for those days. Now I have gained and lost so much weight over the years, even with exercise and eating right, I think I have messed up my skin forever. Only time will tell. I still have a ways to go to see.
    I weighed 125 in high school and I wasn't happy with my body at all. Fast forward a couple years to my highest weight of 185 pounds and I'd look at my old pictures and think "I looked so good, I was so thin, why wasn't I happy? I'd do anything to look like that again."
    Fast forward a year and a half to now and I'm 125 pounds again, more confident and happy than I was in high school (because I like and understand myself more now) but I otherwise feel the same about my body now that I did that last time I weighed 125! I still want to lose about 10 pounds of fat and be more fit just like I did back then! But now I know how to achieve my goals in a healthy way and I know change is possible, so this time I'm going to do it!
  • Nancy_CM
    Nancy_CM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My body is amazing! I don't know what I would do without it...I love it, and am grateful every day that it has got me to this point, after decades of use and abuse. I'm now trying to return the favor by giving it the nutrition and exercise it deserves.

It's a good thing you didn't ask 'our bodies' if they are happy with us.

May I steal this for my inspiration wall? :-)

Wonderfully said!!

I hope that I will be. I've just begun, so I'm trying to start with lots of positive mind bits. Start the way you want to finish, right?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    No.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I think this pretty much sums it up:

busted-can-of-biscuits_thumb_zpsbc70f923.png

It has so much more to do with mood than it does my actual body...some days I feel sexy and desirable and some days I feel like a lump.

I love this and it's so true. There is always something to work on even on those days I feel somewhat good.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    happiness can not be based on a number or size. if you're not happy now, you probably won't be at goal either.
    whatever problems you have don't disapear either, unless they are health related.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I'm trying my hardest.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with my body. All my parts work and I think I look pretty good for a nearly 43 year old woman. Doesn't mean I won't continue trying to be faster and stronger, but I work hard and I think it shows.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Mom of one. I've gotten down to just shy of my goal weight but very happy with my body. Put a couple of pounds back on and I'm not happy anymore. But I have faith that I'll get back there :). Is my body the same as pre-baby. Heck no! But when I'm at the good spot, defiantly happy with my body. Not to say I don't have bad days anyways. That's normal :).
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with my body! It can do so many amazing things...
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Honestly, I don't really give a crap...because I am going to get old and wither away into dust anyways...As soon as I hit the point of no return, body wise, I am just going to sit on my porch, smoke a bunch of pot, and make a bunch of sandwiches.

Now that I am young and such though, yeah, I am happy with it. It looks good to me. I am losing these 10 lbs so I don't have to buy new clothes.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am happy with my body, but not complacent. I really like to be strong and healthy, and appreciate having both. I want to keep reaching for a higher level of fitness and beauty....but I am still happy where I am at.
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I believe there's always room for improvement, it's like a never ending chore :)
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    I am not only happy, at 43, Im freakin esctatic!! : )
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I can't recall a time when I was ever 100% happy with my body. I probably will be close to where I want it to be some day, but it will never stack up to the vision in my head of what I want it to be. Something will ALWAYS be amiss.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Someday
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I hope so. Right now I hate my body, but I'm learning to accept that it's the body I was given, so while making it smaller and more fit, I need to learn to love it.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I am not only happy, at 43, Im freakin estatic!! : )

You should be. You look great and you make me ecstatic :smooched:
  • NotMika
    NotMika Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No, I don't really think I will ever be totally happy. Most of the time, I feel pretty good, but on other days I just weep to look at myself. So I'm trying not to fixate. I'm trying to remind myself that my body is strong and healthy and my boyfriend is down with it. I'm trying to stay happy and enjoy fitness so those insecure days are fewer and father between.