Is your stomach shaped like a "B"?

Options

Replies

• NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to describe mine but from the sides, my tummy sticks out just in generally, fold where my belly button is (which is in an innie) and then pouch that hangs rather low. From the front, it looks like my fat shifted towards the middle.

I have never had a flat stomach so I am hoping to have one.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i kind of wish i had this because i notice that girls who have this tend to have teeny little waists when they lose weight.

the B shape has nothing to do with how tight your pants either :laugh: i think this is a more of a factor of heredity and how your body is shaped. for instance the most times i see women with this it's usually those with a body type with clear distinction between waist and hips (ie pears and hourglasses), i have never ever seen this on a ruler shape like me
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i've always had it. since i was a wee child.

even when i was 8 i remember thinking i was a freak for having it. seriously, this thread made me so happy.
  • jfurrrr
    jfurrrr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have it too and I absolutely hate it!
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy when at least the top half of my "b" is smaller. I feel like the lower pouch will look more feminine curvy once the top half doesn't hang over the waist of my pants...
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! Im terrified of it not going away :( I dont want that belly indent at my naval any more.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i have this and even when i had low body fat (17%) it still didnt look flat from the side :( i dont get it. i always thought it was cuz my bellybutton is kinda high up haha
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I also have this weird underboob roll thing...
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i've always had it. since i was a wee child.

even when i was 8 i remember thinking i was a freak for having it. seriously, this thread made me so happy.

SAME. i was also thinking, maybe its from bad posture? like not standing up really straight? i used to have posture issues and it would aggravate things
  • ImaBeRockinDatBody
    ImaBeRockinDatBody Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a B, too...found out last year I have a hernia and was thinking it was from that....hoping it will go away when I lose all my weight.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    What a strange thread. I always thought the contours of a fit woman's abdomen were kind of attractive. Now I find out it's a bad thing and that a stomach should be perfectly flat? Hmmm...I think I'll keep my contours, thanks. :huh:
  • hellokeeters
    hellokeeters Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What a strange thread. I always thought the contours of a fit woman's abdomen were kind of attractive. Now I find out it's a bad thing and that a stomach should be perfectly flat? Hmmm...I think I'll keep my contours, thanks. :huh:
    I don't believe it is contours. It is where instead of just having a big belly, your belly is like cut in half horizontally, so half the fat is up by your boobs and the rest of the fat is further down and can sometimes hang. It really is like having a double stomach. Not any kind of 8 or hourglass shape. My cousins made fun of me when I was younger for having it but they eventually got it as they got older, so I'm thinking it has to be hereditary. Ughhh and I had a friend that told me that women with that look like they are carrying around a watermelon in their pants. How rude!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    it was, more or less. actually I have three horizontal lines on my tummy all the time, where it folds. but as you can see it has flattened out quite nicely with diet and exercise.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    "B" shaped stomach here, too. I hate it, but know I might be stuck with it despite losing so much weight, unless I have surgery (which might end up being necessary but I won't know for a couple years...but right now loose skin is interfering with some types of workouts). Glad I'm not the only one, but sorry we have to deal with it! (I'm going to read through this thread later today.)
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I totally have that, and for me, it's due to a combination of excess weight and loose skin leftover from two childbirths. They were both csections and I think that made the problem more pronounced. They are both getting smaller with weight loss but I'm not entirely sure I will ever have a relatively flat stomach after my two sections.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned that ruler shaped bodies don't have a B tummy?
    I'm sorry to say but that's me, a ruler with a B more like a b lately if I have 5 to 8 lbs to lose those are "stuck" on my belly only :( We'll see when I get there if it goes away (sigh) pears are more flat on the lower abdomen right?
  • Nancy_CM
    Nancy_CM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This has been so enlightening! I am a capital B! :-)
    Now to work on the weight loss, exercise, posture, and wear only pants that fit my waist.

I'm so on it!

I've been most concerned about this area. I'm so glad to hear that I'm not alone, and that it may change...
    And even if it doesn't all go away, it'll be a lot smaller.
  • sarah5893
    sarah5893 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too.
    What i think is my actual waist is about 29inches but around my belly button is around 35inches
    I hear that a woman's waist should be no more than 32inches ( http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/Appleorpear.aspx )
    So i'm not sure whether mine is good or bad, i'm not sure if what i'm measuring is correct.
    Can anyone help please?
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    Mine is currently shaped like a "b" ... my waist is super small and flat, just that pouch and them hips. DRIVING ME NUTS.
  • Maddie_Price
    Options
    lowercase b here! :( sarah5893 I have the same issue, my high waist is 28-29 and my low waist/belly is 35-36 :(