Lululemon, worth it?

Options

Replies

• Mojoni
    Mojoni Posts: 3
    Options
    I own several of their running shirts (tanks, short and long sleeve), running skirts, and running socks. To me the winner is the shirts and the socks, though the skirts have amazing fit and look so cute. They are best athletic shirts I own and I own A LOT. They wick away sweat and keep you so dry. And the socks are padded in all the right places and also wick away sweat. I’ve never gotten a blister wearing those socks while I run. I’m at the point that I couldn’t run without them.

These aren’t things I buy a lot of or often and usually I request them as gifts. So they’re worn and washed with great care. You can snag a lot of good stuff on the sale racks too.

Going to the Lulu store to get me some of those socks. I love my Lulu. Not only does it look great on, it does the job. I had always thought of myself as a 'cold weather runner' and hated running in the heat. I got a Lulu tank that feels airy and wicks superbly. I actually enjoy my warmer weather runs now thanks to Lulu. Sure it's expensive, but I would rather have a few high quality pieces that I wear than a lot of lower end gear.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    there's a brand at tj maxx and marshalls that I buy all my pants from. I can't think of the name and it's driving me nuts! the logo looks like a sidways spring almost. anyway, they are fantastic. they have a high waist which sucks in my pooch, they stay in place, and they make my butt looks good!

looked at the tags....balanca collection by marinka. will never buy another type of workout capri. (although calvin klein is pretty good too)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just bought two pairs of pants from Roots. There was another pair I wanted. I also sometimes borrow a pair from a friend. In general I seem to prefer Roots (I don't like all of their pants, though). I can also wear their children's pants. But, I'm willing to continue to give lululemon a chance. I just haven't found any pants from there that I liked yet. But, I will admit, I am very picky about yoga/dance/exercise pants Also, my booty looks good in all pants, especially now that I am back in shape (that's not a problem area for me), so I don't need any magic lulu butt pants. I have not noticed lulu pants enhancing my booty at all.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    NO
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I just bought two pairs of pants from Roots. There was another pair I wanted. I also sometimes borrow a pair from a friend. In general I seem to prefer Roots (I don't like all of their pants, though). I can also wear their children's pants. But, I'm willing to continue to give lululemon a chance. I just haven't found any pants from there that I liked yet. But, I will admit, I am very picky about yoga/dance/exercise pants.

BinaryPulsar - do you have better luck with the length there? I'm short too, so I also have issues with really long pants some places. Shortening exercise wear isn't the same as a pair of jeans...
  • Wicked_Angel
    Options
    I'm an Under Armor fan, personally. I love the look of Lulu clothes, but I have spent enough on my UA and it is still going strong - even stuff I have had for several years. Maybe I'll splurge next year on some Lulu, but for now UA is quite fantastic to me
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just bought two pairs of pants from Roots. There was another pair I wanted. I also sometimes borrow a pair from a friend. In general I seem to prefer Roots (I don't like all of their pants, though). I can also wear their children's pants. But, I'm willing to continue to give lululemon a chance. I just haven't found any pants from there that I liked yet. But, I will admit, I am very picky about yoga/dance/exercise pants.

BinaryPulsar - do you have better luck with the length there? I'm short too, so I also have issues with really long pants some places. Shortening exercise wear isn't the same as a pair of jeans...

Yes! Actually I have not had to get any of their pants hemmed, which is amazing. I have their xs and one size s (the xxs was too small). And children's size 14 fit me as well. Just to give you an idea of my size range in case it matters. Maybe they run shorter!

Although, if you have the time to return later, lulu will hem the pants.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Yes! Actually I have not had to get any of their pants hemmed, which is amazing. I have their xs and one size s (the xxs was too small). And children's size 14 fit me as well. Just to give you an idea of my size range in case it matters. Maybe they run shorter!

Although, if you have the time to return later, lulu will hem the pants.

Thanks! *makes note to get to the Roots outlet this week*
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm weird - none of my workout gear cost more than $12 (unless you count shoes, but I wear my Vibrams 24/7 so I really don't count them). I hit the sales @ Target, Penny's, Sears and Old Navy. Most of my stuff is black (less sweat shown) and wears pretty well considering. Only thing I'm missing is some good bras, but I can't afford the "nice" ones, the Athletic ones I found works well (although not FLATTERING in any way shape or form). LOL - had to find something as the underwire in my normal ones interfere w/ the HRM - of all the damn things LOL
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but they are waaaaaayyyyy overpriced and they don't do anything special. I have a pair of running tights from Aldi that I paid £7.99 for a few years ago and they still look brand new. They are no longer comfy though because they fall down, lol.

I have Nike, Brooks, and Karrimor and a few other brands. I love Nike and Brooks, very well made and much cheaper than lululemon. I have also tried the compression tights from Old Navy and love them. Still look great but now too big and we don't have Old Navy in England.

I get quite amount of my running gear from TK Maxx (TJ Maxx) bargains galore there and cute stuff. It's even better when they clearance it.

If you have the money to burn then go for lululemon. I admit, they are cute but over here, it's about £70 for a pair of capris or tights and at TK Maxx, I can get 2 complete outfits for that. Much more practical
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Have you all missed my post about the camel toe blocker? This thread should have ended there.

200% agree. This alone is worth every penny!

I have 2 pairs of leggings and LOVE them--no muffin top, not at all seethrough, oh yes and have we mentioned the camel toe blocker? I wear mine for yoga/hot yoga every day and they look exactly the same as they did 2 years ago.
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    FWIW...

I do believe that, if you intend to use something a lot (wear it a lot and/or be really hard on it), good stuff is worth paying for. I don't subscribe to the "anything will work just fine" mentality when you get beyond a casual user of a product.

I agree with this. I have found that trying to save money by purchasing off-brand workout clothing ends up biting me in the rear. The clothing is not as comfortable during workouts and wears out a lot faster. I see some of the more expensive workout gear as an investment, because it is.

Me too! Fabric feel is very important to me as well. My Athleta stuff feels wonderful!! I also buy the perfect core pants at Lucy. Almost 100 bucks (yeesh!), but I have had the same two pair for years and they are constantly in the wash. Finally broke down and bought the capri tights for summer. :-)
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Brooks, North Face, Saucony, Mizuno, Asics, Nike, Reebok, Adidas, CS, etc...all have some great styles and you're more likely to find them on sale than anything at Lulu
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    depends, if you have a lot of money then why not. if your struggling to meet ends then it's not
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like lulu, but have recently started buying zella by Nordstrom. The quality and style is on par with Lulu, but about 30% cheaper. Also lulu pants sometimes give muffin top and zella never do, but that might just be me :laugh:
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I buy most of my running gear at Sportchek, and it's half the price. They have Nike brand, Livestrong, etc. I love them!
  • almostperfection
    Options
    Higher price usually means higher quality. If you have some money to spend on it, then go for it. But if you don't want to spend a lot on workout clothes (say, if you are going to lose weight and need to buy a new size soon) then just go for the less expensive stuff.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

I do believe that, if you intend to use something a lot (wear it a lot and/or be really hard on it), good stuff is worth paying for. I don't subscribe to the "anything will work just fine" mentality when you get beyond a casual user of a product.

Agreed. I like to buy myself new gear as rewards for my smaller goals. In my mind, I can justify spending more on gear I know I'm going to get good use out of, because I've proved to myself that I'm dedicated.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    YES! Lulu is ALWAYS worth it. I live in mine. Best workout clothes ever.
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like Lulu's running gear for the quality, style, and overall fit. Their Speed Shorts and running capris fit like a glove and wash well. The local stores in my area usually have better markdowns than the website so I've gotten some good deals.