Memories of being a kid - Time flies

Options

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I'm just a bill, Yes, I'm only a bill, and I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill....

schoolhouserockposters.jpg

YESSSSSS.

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    Jumping rope for HOURS.

Watching cartoons on Saturday morning, because there wasn't a cartoon channel!

...and riding our bikes to the store to buy these :happy:

marathon_bar_650x300_a01_10.jpg

Yes!! Candy bars were 10 cents...we would get an allowance of 25 cents a week & go crazy!!
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I loved Kool Aid, I loved collecting points from the back of packages so I could get Kool Aid man things. Like these guys:

il_fullxfull.343225709.jpg

I loved FunDip, Pixi Six, and everything to do with sugar.

@PepperWorm: "This planet will blow up in 5 minutes"
    -Takes 10 episodes for planet to finally blow up-

DBZ was great.....
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    Pogo-Bal.jpg

responsible for more lower body injuries than the superbowl .. hahaha

karatekid460.jpg

The most dramatic moment for every kid in 1984!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    SNOOPYSBIGRIDE3DADA.gif

I have a child so I live vicariously thru her now and do evry thing w/her I did as a kid.
    I miss Halloween
  • Dr_Flo
    Options
    And those little snappers .. those teardrop shaped poppers that came in a box during 4th of july and new years.. they were way better when we were kids.

Plus .. everyone took one to the face at some point. That and tried to pop one between their fingers. hahaha.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    And those little snappers .. those teardrop shaped poppers that came in a box during 4th of july and new years.. they were way better when we were kids.

Plus .. everyone took one to the face at some point. That and tried to pop one between their fingers. hahaha.

Those are fun! I still buy them :glasses:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    th?id=H.4705434073498738&pid=15.1
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I remember taping off the radio! Aside from the DJ talking at the beginning and end of every song, there was always my mother talking to me in the background. LOL

I remember Polaroid cameras, and a I think Kodak made one that had a flat disc as the film.

The Lost Boys!!!!

And I also wanted to be a Goonie :)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I remember going camping and heating water over an open fire. My mom washing me on the picnic table with hot a soapy wash cloth and rinsing one area at a time and tucking me into my sleeping bag in the tent. Good times!

Remember: Tang, chalk hop scotches drawn on the driveway, watermellon parties for the whole neighborhood, riding bikes everywhere, going to the local pool every summer day, going to the movies to see a matinee' of Godzilla on super hot days.

Awww good times.

Gilligans Island
    The Brady Bunch
    Saturday morning cartoons with boxes of cereal.
  • harleydall76
    Options

My older nephew still tries that.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    cry_baby_wax_bottles4.jpg
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    oh the 80/90's.. i loved them!!!

super mario bros.. (came home everyday & played it lol)
    cabbagage patch kids
    kid sister doll
    big wheels
    pagers (we thought we were the shiznit in high school if we had one lol)
    slap bracelets
    new kids on the block
    TGIF
    crimped hair
    scrunchies
    chokers
    saved by the bell/90210
    saturday morning cartoons (captain planet, chipndale rescue rangers, tmnt i could go on & on)
    staying outside ALL DAY!!!
  • caspergirl7
    Options
    I remember taping off the radio! Aside from the DJ talking at the beginning and end of every song, there was always my mother talking to me in the background. LOL

^^ahhh i remember doing this.. we would dedicate songs to each other on the radio & record it... LOL!!! loved making those mixed tapes haha!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Was anyone else addicted to these? I remember sneaking one into the movies in my jacket, and it exploded all over when I opened the cap...spraying the people in front of me :laugh:

onys.jpg
  • Dr_Flo
    Options
    Slip_n_slide.jpg
    If you had money, this was you

hqdefault.jpg

If you were broke you used trash bags and dish soap

But we all had the red marks to prove that we didnt pick up the rocks, sticks and other debris before we put it down .. hahaha
  • caspergirl7
    Options
    new_kids320.jpg

before Backstreet Boys & NSYNC... NKOTB were the shiznit!!! hahaha!!!
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I remember going camping and heating water over an open fire. My mom washing me on the picnic table with hot a soapy wash cloth and rinsing one area at a time and tucking me into my sleeping bag in the tent. Good times!

Remember: Tang, chalk hop scotches drawn on the driveway, watermellon parties for the whole neighborhood, riding bikes everywhere, going to the local pool every summer day, going to the movies to see a matinee' of Godzilla on super hot days.

Awww good times.

Gilligans Island
    The Brady Bunch
    Saturday morning cartoons with boxes of cereal.

We used to sing the theme from Gilligan's Island on the bus on the way home, just in time to watch it.
  • harleydall76
    Options
    Pillow People!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    200px-Chipmunk_Punk_Cover.jpg
    th?id=H.5036322610285726&pid=15.1