How do I tell someone they smell nice?

Options
13»

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Are we talking any random person in the street here? To say I love you? and do some of the things people are saying here, you might end up arrested.
    Unless you have had eye contact then a smile then strike up a convo which you could bring it up that would be acceptable. Even then I love you would be way to much lol.

Smelling people is not a crime!! And how will they know that I love them if I don't gell them? Don't be ridiculous.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I usually make strong eye contact, smile, and like a statement of fact, tell them they smell amazing. They usually blush and say thank you. I think it's the eye contact that lets them know I'm not f-ing with them.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Isn't it kinda sad that it isn't OK to just give a compliment?

I guess too many actual creeps saying some screwed up things in the past?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m67fz6Brc71qe18uw.gif
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Stand up and smell them all around their body and face (like a Dog)

THEN at your new job, DON'T DO THAT!:laugh:
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I usualy say something like, "You smell feakishly delicious" then i smile and stare awkwardly :)
  • LonLB
    Options
    I usualy say something like, "You smell feakishly delicious" then i smile and stare awkwardly :)

Add a little grunting in there and it's the perfect compliment.:tongue:
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    just say it .
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options

Yes it is! I have a sensitive nose so I smell LOTS of not so nice things during a day ugh!
    So when someone smells good I tell them!:bigsmile:
    ....now telling them I love them that's another story!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options

I guess too many actual creeps saying some screwed up things in the past?

True!! People tell me I smell nice all of the time or ask me what perfume I wear. I'm happy to tell them and I've never once found that creepy. Of course I've never had Hannibal slurp at me.... but I'd probably like it..
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl so I think it's less creepy when I compliment a stranger, generally. But if I was out and a guy walked past me and said something like "I really like that scent, mind if I ask what it is? My sister's birthday's coming up"...I wouldn't be bothered by it at all. Might be a good conversation starter. :P
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Add a little grunting in there and it's the perfect compliment.:tongue:

And then say, "Mmm....taters..."?
  • LonLB
    Options
    Of course I've never had Hannibal slurp at me.... but I'd probably like it..

:blushing:
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hahah! I love this question because I do tell people all the time! I'll just slide up to them and say, "Wow! You smell great!" And they'll smile and say, "Thank You". Then I say, "Yea well I'm a firm believer in letting good smelling people know they smell good!" LOL

The responses are great too... Usually they'll volunteer what brand they have on, if it's a spray or lotion, and some will even say, "I wondered if I had enough on to last all day, and since you smell it I guess I'm good."

If I really like a scent that someone is wearing I'll straight up ask them what brand, but don't be surprised if some woman don't wanna tell! :D
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I just say, "I like your perfume/colgne. What is it?"

As long as you aren't starring at their chest or crotch, it is no big deal.
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just walk up behind them, nuzzle into their hair and inhale real deep....it won't be creepy at all, I promise ;)

lol...that's funny

I usually just tell them they smell good.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Proclaim loudly that "something smells like dog farts!" with a disgusted look on your face. Then approach several people sniffing them, you know to make it seem like your 'testing' everyone. Go up to good smelling girl, get close to her and sniff her saying loudly, "Nope! It's not you! You smell delicious!" She'll be so relieved it isn't her that smells like farts she won't even think you're being creepy!