Women with curly/kinky hair... anyone sick of it?

Options
12346»

Replies

• stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yep, right there with you. Frizzy hair and I never feel like I look put together or professional! I'd shave my head but then I'd look like a pin head!
  • DekkaTwoOneWizzy
    Options
    I shaved it all off cause Im so kool off shopping in the ethnic hair care products for the rest of my life....serious. Whats the diff between Knappy and Kinky?
  • Lylie1985
    Lylie1985 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have wavy, boofy hair. Coconut oil with a bit of honey is great to use! I use about a cup of coconut oil and about a half tablespoon of honey and warm it up in the microwave. Then I put it through my hair and then wrap in glad wrap and leave it for about an hour and then wash it out. I also only use head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner (didnt have a bad problem with dandruff) but my hair is better than ever! Looking after the scalp will get your hair looking really nice rather that trying to target the hair itself :)
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jannessy
    jannessy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    im soo glad i found this post i get soo frustrated with my curls sometimes.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    I love my curls. You can love your curls too, you just have to take care of them and unfortunately most hair advice is geared towards striaght hair.

1. Go buy a sulfate/silicone/paraben free shampoo and conditioner - I personally use Devacurl No-poo and conditioner. Sulfates are way too harsh for curls and silicone dries it out, both of these things are found in a lot of shampoos and conditioners and frizz products. Parabens are just gross.

2. DO NOT BRUSH YOUR HAIR. Especially when it is dry. brushing pulls out the curls and separates them, resulting in frizz. I run my fingers through my hair while it is wet and saturated with conditioner to get any tangles out. Then I put gel in it (silicone free), blowdry it with a diffuser (that weird attachment that kind of makes your hairdryer look like a raygun) and put a drop of almond oil at the ends. Then I do not touch it. Oh also don't towel dry it, keep it as sopping wet as possible and kind of squeeze the excess water out with your hands when you scrunch the gel into it. Then gently dry it with the diffuser.

I hope this helps.

^^^ THIS^^^ Except I don't use a difuser, I just drip dry with an oversized T-shirt around my shoulders. I fought my curls for years, now I let them curl and get compliments on my curly gray hair often.
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I love my curls because its really easy to do. I just use a comb, throw in some frizz ease spray, flip over and scrunch for a sec and voila! Rarely will I straighten it because it takes FOR-E-VER!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    sometimes I don't like my hair and other days I love it. I think the problem is I have no idea what products to use but have noticed target carries many products for curly hair