Body Beast Women's Group!

Options
ddavies919
ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
Hello ladies! Don't be scared by the name! Have you heard of Body Beast? Maybe you know of someone who's done it? If you are like me and would rather lift weights than do cardio, than this could be your workout!

I have done rounds of P90X, Chalean Extreme and just finished up Insanity and I am missing my weights! I also believe this is going to be exactly what I need to burn off that extra fat!

Anyway, I will be starting this program soon and would LOVE to have a group of ladies to join me!!! So, you up for the challenge? Let's do this and burn that fat for summer!

Replies

• Charlottesmama
    Charlottesmama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What is Body Beast? I really want to get into lifting.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    interesting
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Curious to know what it is as well
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Planning on starting it soon! Talking to a coach about it, but sounds like exactly what I am looking for! I am going to send you a FR :)
  • kristigarr
    Options
    I'm just starting my weight loss journey, and have decided to start with body beast to build up my muscles. I would love to be part of a group to help motivate and keep me on track. The sooner the better :)
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Oh!!!! This is awesome! I wasn't sure if I'd get any feedback on this or not! Yeah!!!

Body Beast is one of the newest programs from Beachbody; it was released last year. Sagi Kalev is the creator of this 90 day program designed to build muscle and burn fat! There is a "Huge" version and a "Lean" version. I have seen women do both and have had amazing results!!! I've done a few of the workouts with my hubby and it's right up my alley!

Here's the thing to keep in mind and it's taken me a while to come to a place in my fitness journey where I'm "ok" with it. The fact that by building muscle, you're burning that layer of fat! I used to be so hung up on the number on the scale and it's taken a long time to get over it and sometimes it still gets to me. But, I know that going into this program that the number on the scale will go up, while my body fat percentage goes down! It's a mental thing ladies; you've just gotta get over it. Put the scale away! I have started only taking it out every 30 days to weight myself (if I'm doing a program). Because the last thing I need when I'm trying to move forward and focus on my results is a stupid number messing with my head!

I haven't quite decided what version I'm going to do. The only difference is, the Lean version has more cardio. I'm almost leaning towards the Huge version.

So, if you'd like further info on the program, either shoot me a message or reply below. I think we can really get a good group of strong women going here!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Come on ladies, where you at?!!! I know there's girls out there like me who would rather lift and get lean than run on that treadmill to no where! lol
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would like to join...
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    im on week 3 of body beast.... =)
  • ddavies919
    Options
    im on week 3 of body beast.... =)

Are you doing Huge or Lean? How are your results thus far?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Alright all my strong women! We don't all have to start at the same time here. If you have the program and are ready to start, please do. If you're already mid program, keep going! But, let's all post here and keep each other motivated and moving! I am so anxious to start but I will be in Vegas for Beachbody in the next couple of weeks and I don't like to interrupt my programs. I want to come back fresh and ready to start! So, stay here with us and keep posting, whether you're starting now, later or are already in it! Let us know how it's going. What your progress is.

I'm going into this journey with the focus on BF%, not weight! I'm also thinking that I will do the Huge version, not the Lean. I also teach fitness classes so I will be getting plenty of extra cardio.

So, who's still in? Let's sound off girls!!!! :smile:
  • mkwongh
    Options
    i am on the lean program. so far so good. my body feels a lot tighter, and have lost a few inches in the mid section. my arms are coming along with a little definition, and my legs are rock hard.

I wish I had my BF% or had a way to find my BF%, but right now I am relying on the scale and measurements -

I AM SOOO IN!! :)
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Ladies, for those of you who have started, did you calculate your caloric intake etc based on the book? If so, what is it? I'm just curious because I calculated mine and I have never eaten this much!!! It says I need 3000 cal a day! :noway:
  • ddavies919
    Options
    adopt321: I am a coach; already have the program.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!! Can't wait to start Flex Friday! :smile:

I did a few workouts this morning since I'm also teaching P90X tonight. Started with LMP Challenge and then I couldn't help myself, I did Body Beast Lucky 7 workout! WOW!

Hope everyone has a great Friday! Get that workout in!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Happy Monday! How are all you beastettes?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    bump
  • ddavies919
    Options
    i am on the lean program. so far so good. my body feels a lot tighter, and have lost a few inches in the mid section. my arms are coming along with a little definition, and my legs are rock hard.

I wish I had my BF% or had a way to find my BF%, but right now I am relying on the scale and measurements -

I AM SOOO IN!! :)

How's it going? Fill us in!
  • mkwongh
    Options
    its going well. I am currently on week 4. and started the "bulk" phase. I love the burn lol
    yesterday was bulk legs

my legs were on fire after the first set.