What to do with a bag of Broccoli Slaw?

Options

Replies

• Shamrock_me
    Options
    Wow.. All these great ideas - I just put it in a wrap with lunchmeat and called it lunch!! Bumping this one to come back !!
  • lattarulol
    lattarulol Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipies
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    toss in the microwave and then throw on some spaghetti sauce...YUM! great substitute for noodles
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i put it in; smoothies,
    chili,
    veggy burgers,
    salads,
    omelets or scrambled eggs.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I think it'd be awesome with a blue cheese dressing.
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    Options
    Mmmmm lately I haven't bought a bag in a while but I used to live off of this stuff for days at a time. I used to treat it like pasta, cook it on top of the stove and let it get very tender, then add in some tomatoes and a little pepper. Other times I used to just saute it with some lime, soy sauce, and add in some snow peas. It's great to use for a stirfry!
  • Mittzu
    Mittzu Posts: 37
    Options
    Bump
  • Ebloom0512
    Options
    Saute chicken with a little canola oil. Mix the bag of slaw with Paul Newman's Low Fat Asian Ginger Dressing. Add 1 cup chicken broth to the pan and top with the slaw/dressing mix. The slaw steams while the chicken finishes cooking! YUMMY!!
  • Mandas13
    Mandas13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I was craving buffalo chicken yesterday so I made these: http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/01/31/buffalo-chicken-rolls/

They come to about 103 calories each, 12g carbs, 3g fat, 8g protein

These look amazing.
  • barb106
    barb106 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I was looking for some inspiration for the bag I have in the fridge!
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump! great ideas- thanks!
  • jyls
    jyls Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I make pork cabbage wraps and throw it in the stirfry!
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I just add it to salad. I know they also use it it fish tacos (red lobster) and pork tacos (applebees). I really like those options and there are many healthy ways to make those two options.

I"m mostly posting to bookmark the thread for the epic dishes I'm seeing so far.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I put it with salsa chicken, chili and soups to make them more filling. I've also put in in with my salad...or made coleslaw out of it as intended.
  • mchigs
    mchigs Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • dmcintyre62
    Options
    Add tuna or chicken with low fat balsamic dressing. That's what I do. I also like the new Dole chopped salads. Everything is in the bag. I love the Bacon Blue.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Broccoli slaw... how I love thee...

In addition to using it to make "spaghetti", I also use it in place of rice for a southwest-style bowl. Here's my general recipe for one bag. It makes two servings.

1 bag brocc slaw
    1 chicken breast
    4 tbsp salsa
    Salt & pepper
    Canned or freshly cooked beans of your choice (I prefer black, but you can use pinto or refried or something else if you prefer)
    2 tbsp red or green taco sauce
    Optional items:
    1 oz shredded cheese of your choice (monterey jack, pepper jack, and cheddar are great)
    Corn
    Chopped tomatoes, chives, jalapenos, etc.

Split chicken breast in half and season with salt & pepper to taste. Place breast halfs on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Top each half with two tablespoons salsa and spread it to cover the whole breast. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until cooked through.

Meanwhile, steam broccoli slaw for about 5 minutes or until tender.

Drain and rinse beans, then add the red or green taco sauce and stir to mix. Heat the beans on the stovetop or in the microwave.

When the chicken, slaw, and beans are all heated, shred or chop chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Divide the cooked slaw into two bowls and top with beans, chicken, cheese, and more salsa or taco sauce if you like.

The end result is around 320 calories, and it is SUPER filling. You could easily divide this into three or four servings.

Enjoy!

Will have to try this it sounds good, thanks