Why do people hide their food diaries on here?

Options

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    My favorite is people who want help with the diet and/or overall weight loss and have their diary locked. Well, how in the world can anyone tell anything about you without even smidgeon of information?
    This^^
    You ate what you ate, regardless of if people can see it or not. It's not like people are just gonna go stalk random food diaries and freak out about the cupcake you ate, or going over 23 calories one day. Often a person will say that they ate a big meal, and ask how should they fix the rest of their day so they don't go over, but how are you supposed to be able to answer without knowing how big of a meal they ate or how many calories they have left, etc.

Or they claim to eat very balanced diets and work out, but are still struggling.. but won't let you look at their diary so you can give advice/opinions.

Exactly, it cracks me up when they ask that question.
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Who cares ,that's their business
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Its their business what they want to do
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Why do you care?? Honestly people crack me up. Mine is open to my friends...and even then...its nobody's business but mine. I'm accountable to no one but me :wink:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Because I use it for personal tracking only, not for commentary from strangers.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Why do you care?? Honestly people crack me up. Mine is open to my friends...and even then...its nobody's business buy mine. I'm accountable to no one but me :wink:

This for sure. I don't really care what people think about what i eat
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I suspect some of us feel embarrassed about overindulging.

I don't see the point - knowing someone else screwed up is like having a good friend to share a dirty secret with. Nobody is perfect !
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

:drinker:

I guess you could ask why doesn't everybody post a bikini shot of themselves for their profile pic? Because not everybody wants to share every little detail.
  • happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I cannot speak for anyone else but for ME it is a mental game. When I had mine open to the public it was as if something in the back of my head was refusing to log certain things and be totally honest for fear someone would comment. I realize what others say about MY food shouldn't matter but for me it just made logging honestly such a battle.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Because what I eat has zero effect on anyone else and if I need help then I'll open it and ask what I'm doing wrong. Right now I know exactly what I'm doing wrong so why open it?

Not logging anyway right now.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Because I have secrets . . . secrets so horrible that you would lie frightened on the floor of your closet at night if you were ever to learn of them. So really, I do it for your safety.
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options

:drinker:

I guess you could ask why doesn't everybody post a bikini shot of themselves for their profile pic? Because not everybody wants to share every little detail.

This and this! Also mine was open until a mfp 'friend' went into great depth about what was right and wrong with that days eating... It was midday and therefor i had only eaten 800 cals at that point... The person commenting has an eating disorder and would consume 4000 in a day gorging on chocolate then starve the next through guilt! I do not need advice from people who cant take care of themselves...
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I like keeping mine open because I'm nosy and like to look at other people's diaries so maybe I'm being a voyeur? But some people are just private and don't like people snooping in their personal business. Live and let live! :smokin:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    A lot of people like to pick through others' food diaries saying what's healthy and what you could be eating better, some people aren't interested in that. That's exactly why I keep mine open - I need someone on my *kitten* about the sugary garbage. :blushing:
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    No one is allowed to find the secret of my greatness
  • Sergette1
    Sergette1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

That!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    only my friends can see it ever since a guy creeped mine and then PM'd me all sorts of unsolicited and LENGTHY advice. Too, too much. so now I only let friends on my FL see it.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    only my friends can see it ever since a guy creeped mine and then PM'd me all sorts of unsolicited and LENGTHY advice. Too, too much. so now I only let friends on my FL see it.

tempted to message and give random advice
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Who the **** cares ,that's their business

Why the need to disrespect, I asked a simple question, if you don't like, don't read it, don't respond...Dropping the f bomb on me, isnt going to help the situation any either...
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hahaha... the hiders.....

""'Viewing someone with compassion instead of judgement is a powerful thing"" - I like your page title.