Often hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    They are also full of cholesterol and sodium, which can sometimes be deal breakers.

Ignore this. Eat as many eggs as you like.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Lots of water.

LOTS OF PROTEIN. Have some type of protein every time you eat. Have a protein with a snack.

Increase your healthy fats.

Since I changed my macros to 40C-35F-25P, I find I am absolutely not hungry anymore.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    It's already been said, but, try more protein. I keep boiled eggs in the refrigerator at all times. They are low calorie and full of protein.

They are also full of cholesterol and sodium, which can sometimes be deal breakers.

Eggs are a brilliant food, why is this "they are full of cholesterol" stuff still abound on MFP?

They are not "full" of sodium either.
  • Oriole15
    Oriole15 Posts: 58
    Options
    Maybe a tweak of the foods you are eating might help. From a quick peek at your diary, I notice you have a lot of food that require no or little chewing (mashed potatoes, stewed apple pouches that sort of thing).

I find that food with "crunch" or "chew" seem to work better in giving me a feeling of satiety (for example eating an orange fills me up better than having the same calorie amount in juice form).

So you could try switching your mashed potatoes for boiled new potatoes and your pompotes for some mixed crudities and see if it helps.
  • crazypeachs
    crazypeachs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i work at a call center. VERY sedentary, but i drink water all day long. that seems to help. a couple weeks ago we got a protein shake and protein bars at Sam's Club and i've noticed i stay within (or below) my calories better since. i had a carb-heavy diet before that, and this seems to have evened me out. i also bring a couple hard boiled eggs to work. lots of protein and not too many calories, so its helpful for a mid-afternoon snack if my wrap isn't filling me up all day. and i try to exercise every morning and over lunch. that's a great appetite suppressant for me, too.

forgot one other thing: before MFP i wanted to feel 'full'. since MFP i'm getting used to the feeling of not being completely stuffed, but rather just satisfied. i guess i'll always be a little hungry, but i'm not starving. i think i just needed to get used to the 'new' feeling.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    a few quick thoughts-
    first , i concur with the drinking water idea. see if it works.

second - i looked at a few days' worth in your diary . personally, it looks like you are eating a bit too much "junk" and too little "food". It's fine to give yourself a treat once in a while, but you seem to be wasting a LOT of calories on the extras. for example, last tuesday, you spent about 500 calories on treats (which are high in carbs/sugar). so when you don't have a lot to play around with, you want to focus more on lean proteins and healthy carbs. try hummus and veg for a snack. lower fat /lower cal yoghurts.

third - how much exercise are you doing? can you up the time/intensity

I agree last week was not my best ... I exercise 3 x a week mainly strength training and some cardio. OK, I will have to find more veggies to snack. Thanks !
    veggies are fine as a filler but if you want to be fuller for longer go with proteins - as others have suggested: hard boiled eggs, meat, chicken, cheese etc
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    a few quick thoughts-
    first , i concur with the drinking water idea. see if it works.

second - i looked at a few days' worth in your diary . personally, it looks like you are eating a bit too much "junk" and too little "food". It's fine to give yourself a treat once in a while, but you seem to be wasting a LOT of calories on the extras. for example, last tuesday, you spent about 500 calories on treats (which are high in carbs/sugar). so when you don't have a lot to play around with, you want to focus more on lean proteins and healthy carbs. try hummus and veg for a snack. lower fat /lower cal yoghurts.

third - how much exercise are you doing? can you up the time/intensity

I agree last week was not my best ... I exercise 3 x a week mainly strength training and some cardio. OK, I will have to find more veggies to snack. Thanks !
    veggies are fine as a filler but if you want to be fuller for longer go with proteins - as others have suggested: hard boiled eggs, meat, chicken, cheese etc

OK - so cheese I eat quite a lot, every morning actually, meat as well - even sometimes too much (2 x a day), I could have more eggs - but when I did the protein shakes a few years back, I got kidney stones ...so I prefer to leave the protein shakes out.
  • hupsii
    Options
    i work at a call center. VERY sedentary, but i drink water all day long. that seems to help. a couple weeks ago we got a protein shake and protein bars at Sam's Club and i've noticed i stay within (or below) my calories better since. i had a carb-heavy diet before that, and this seems to have evened me out. i also bring a couple hard boiled eggs to work. lots of protein and not too many calories, so its helpful for a mid-afternoon snack if my wrap isn't filling me up all day. and i try to exercise every morning and over lunch. that's a great appetite suppressant for me, too.

forgot one other thing: before MFP i wanted to feel 'full'. since MFP i'm getting used to the feeling of not being completely stuffed, but rather just satisfied. i guess i'll always be a little hungry, but i'm not starving. i think i just needed to get used to the 'new' feeling.

getting used to the feeling of not being completely stuffed - that's a good one !!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    great, useful comments !
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    bump
    Lots of water.

LOTS OF PROTEIN. Have some type of protein every time you eat. Have a protein with a snack.

Increase your healthy fats.

Since I changed my macros to 40C-35F-25P, I find I am absolutely not hungry anymore.
  • hupsii
    Options
    Great stuff - thanks to all for your insight !:flowerforyou:
  • hupsii
    Options
    Agree with what others have said about healthier snack, more fiber and protein, etc. Water is huge in helping to stop me from reaching for snacks.

But ...... I'm not sure if it's been suggested, but are you sure you're really hungry or are there triggers that are making you think you are. I fall into the latter category, I can eat a nice healthy protein and fiber filled meal and 1/2 hr later want to eat again. I know I have an issue with my relationship with food, and my triggers can be a food commercial, boredom, or a stress/emotional reaction to a situation.

Not saying this is your issues, just sharing my 2 cents from my journey. Best of luck finding your way!:drinker:
    [/quote

Thanks - yes stress makes me crave sugar ]