Worst habit of a significant other (past or current)

Options

Replies

• pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My ex drank too much (was an even huger *kitten* drunk) and had hygiene problems. Like, wouldn't shower for a MONTH, maybe brushed his teeth twice in the 8 years we were together, always had greasy hair, would re-wear the same boxers for a week (sleeping in them and everything) UGH so gross. While we were married I asked him why he didn't take better care of himself and he said "Well I'm already married so I don't have to worry about impressing anyone." WOW. When I left him and asked for a divorce he kept calling me crying and screaming that I'd ruined his life and how he was going to die alone now and he was too old to get a new girlfriend (he was 28, yeah right), the whole passive-aggressive martyr thing was a constant in his behavior and I always had to be the adult even though he was 8 years older than me. About six months ago he emailled me to let me know he had a new girlfriend and she was moving in with him (thanks for the update?? I've repeatedly told him I don't want to be his friend and to kindly F off)

I could write a novella full of the things he did that annoyed me lol I guess that's why ex's are ex's :drinker:
  • Catie8192
    Catie8192 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My fiance is lazy and doesn't pick up after himself.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Facial hair in the sink. It's gross...............
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    1. Leaving dishes in the sink or on the coffee table. It takes less than half a F**KING SECOND TO OPEN THE DISHWASHER!
    2. Leaving bloody underwear soaking in the sink.
    3. Leaving clothes laying everywhere and never does laundry.
    4. Whining constantly. "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbyy?? This bra can't go in the dryer!!"
    5. Refuses to take any initiative to make a grocery list, take out the garbage, or wash clothing.
    6. Hoards fast food trash in her car.
    7. Yells at me for staring at the neighbors smokin' hot booty.
  • FeleciaMiller
    FeleciaMiller Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to date this girl who thought it was cute/funny to show me her used toilet paper after taking a number 2!?!?

WHAT? HOW LONG DID YOU DATE HER? IF IT WAS HER HOUSE I WOULD'VE RAN OUT THE DOOR THE MOMENT SHE SHOWED ME AND NEVER LOOKED BACK! OR IF IT WAS MY HOUSE I WOULD'VE KICKED HER OUT WITH THE QUICKNESS WITH HER TISSUE IN HER HAND.
    ~DON'T TELL THAT STORY TO ANYONE ELSE LOL
  • FeleciaMiller
    FeleciaMiller Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My Ex turned out to be a "peeping Tom", and was arrested for it while out of town on a business trip.

LOL
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    PROCRASTINATION!:explode:

My husband is the worst procrastinator I have ever met. He is also an extremely messy person. He does not work as hard has he should either.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Leaving things everywhere...oh, and the WORST is throwing everything out as if we don't need anything at all!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My ex used to smoke like a chimney :noway:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I love my husband 10x more now. :laugh:

That being said, you know those (truly minuscule) things your S/O does that for some reason, just get under your skin? I have a few of those.

Like, taking things out of the microwave before something is done and not clearing the numbers off, ever. That bugs me.
    Not turning the TV/lights off when finished with it in one room before moving to another.
    *shrug*
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Ex husband.... Used to say "You should..." all the fricken time. Of course, he never thought to do whatever it was I 'SHOULD' be doing himself. It got to the point where my response was "YOU should kiss my *kitten*."

I don't like being should'd at the best of times, not even by my own self...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Honey unable to overcome the gravitational pull of the couch.
    Chewing.

Those are the worst.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    My ex used to pee in a bottle he left on the night stand because he was too lazy to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night.. SO gross!!! :sick:

THIS.

It doesn't bother me though, really.
  • theundead
    theundead Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My bf has long hair and refuses to brush it everyday so it gets all matted and very messy, and he refuses to cut it since he won't take care of it.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    He is CONSTANTLY clearing his throat...or lightly coughing to clear his throat--I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of to discreetly help him...throat lozenges... :( poor guy...it must suck to constantly feel as if you need to clear your throat :( Oh, and the fact that I'll be speaking with him-looking him in the eye- and he says "huh?"...oh, that auditory processing delay of his is really nerve racking sometimes... Or, we will be having a conversation about something, and then 5-10 minutes later he asks me about what ever it was we were talking about, and I'm like "Um...we just talked about this 5 minutes ago...remember?" and he's like "huh?"....Oh dear...grant me patience!

I am one who suffers with a constant need to clear their throat. Unfortunately throat lozenges don't really do the trick. I haven't found anything that does. An asthma puffer thing (it's an over the counter in Aus) seems to help a bit, but I forget to keep it with me. I don't have asthma either.
    And yes it totally sucks to feel like you need to constantly clear your throat.
    I really should look at my diet as I am sure certain foods set it off more than others (Usually the food I love!)
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My husband was pretty damned awesome. The man I dated prior to him though was another story. He had some good qualities but his worst "habit" was his emotional manipulation of the women in his life.
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    When we go out to a Chinese buffet she stacks her empty plates in front of me. Also averaging 3700 to 4000 calories a day and the scales always read between 95 and 97 pounds.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My ex's iPhone was seemingly attached to his hand. We could be walking down the street or out to dinner at a nice restaurant and he'd be checking Twitter. Annoyed me to no end. Other than that he's a great guy.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    crack
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Negativity.