i want to be honest about my food intake but...

Options
13»

Replies

• ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    Log everything, nothing must be left unlogged LOL, but seriously the closer you keep track of your morsels the easier losing weight will be. It is a good habit to form and pretty soon you will do it without thinking! ~Corina
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you don't "want to be honest about your food intake" like you state.

If you are honest, you will record everything you consume, regardless if it has calories or not. I get more information about what "happened" to me by recording bad days as much or more than recording good days.

Only you decide to be accurate...only you suffers for not doing so.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    pardon my ignorance, but what does that stand for?

quoted for truth.

or quails fear trespassing.

could be either here.

Quit F-ing Talking. till someone told me other wise, then I didn't appreciate it as much.
    I'll stick w/mine. Funnier.
  • sammi674
    sammi674 Posts: 41
    Options
    I log and WEIGH everything.

It is tedious, but the 10 minutes a day it takes to log everything is worth a life of being healthy, is it not?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    if you really want this to work to its fullest potential...YES.

be accountable for EVERYTHING you take in.

everything.

srsly...everything.

But not everything I take in has calories...
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Options
    It's tedious for sure, but "if you bite it, write it"

even the little stuff...because you may think you're OK, but if you've had 3 tbs of ketchup and a splash of cream in your coffee, and that "one bite" of something...it all adds up, and may be the thing that's keeping you from your goal.
    i like that" if you bite... it write it":laugh:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If your logging is off by the same amount in proportion to your overall intake (IOW what you log is always like 85% of your calories) then you can still find a consistent intake and keep a consistent deficit. But ignoring things like condiments (which can add up quickly) can throw you off. And if you find you are eating at your goal and never losing then you need to either adjust your goal appropriately or start logging more accurately.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I agree. Just do it.
  • eagergirl
    eagergirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am so anal about recording every little bit! It's almost insane...
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Tamm04, this literally made me laugh out loud. Haha, thanks!
    I log in everything, except herbs and spices. AIN'T NO BODY GOT TIME FOR DAT :laugh: :huh:

wall-content-aint-nobody-40670_large.jpg
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    some veg and fruit are quit high in calories compared to what you think they may be.
    and if you want to track you're over all intake like fat,carbs and vitamin etc then you will have to log them to see if you're getting the levels you want.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    things I don't log:

mustard
    tomato sauce
    cooking oil (I don't use a lot)

why?

ain-t-nobody-got-time-fo-dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I saw a study once that showed that people who logged their food ate less, even if they weren't on a diet. While I don't know how true that study is, it works for me. Sometimes I don't eat something because I don't feel like logging it. The rule for me is "If you eat it, you log it". Pain in the butt - I hate it - but that is the point for me.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I log in everything, except herbs and spices. AIN'T NO BODY GOT TIME FOR DAT :laugh: :huh:

wall-content-aint-nobody-40670_large.jpg

yah... not those either. not salt or pepper neither.

and dang it, you beat my to it both o yall.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    At this point (almost a year and a half of logging), I'm pretty good at eyeballing portions, and I also know a lot of calorie info by heart. So if I make an omelet with bell peppers, onions, spinach & mushrooms, I might just enter one of the veggies but over-enter the amount so that the calories match what they would have been if I'd entered each one separately. If I'm feeling REALLY lazy, I'll just quick-add cals. :) But again, I've done this for long enough that I'm pretty darn accurate.
  • happywife2
    happywife2 Posts: 20
    Options
    btw, if you read my food diary, you can see how seriously I am taking my weight loss and health program and how I entered every single thing that passed my lips. I just was wondering if that's what you're supposed to do or if it was just me being a perfectionist! I definitely see how it helps and i'll be continuing to do so.
  • amandanndel
    Options

THIS! I refuse to put in a "dash" of garlic powder, or any spice/herb for that matter.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    There is no way I'm going to log something that's 10 calories or less, I'd rather just reduce my daily calorie goal.

But if being anal works for someone else, go for it.
  • SoberAlley
    SoberAlley Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't log everything but if I wasn't losing weight or inches over an extended period of time then I would start. Part of that is me being lazy/not interested, part of that is liking having not pulled out all the stops all at once. Like, I like knowing I have something else I can start to do if I get stuck.

In my defense, however, I don't log all of my exercise all of the time either, and mark myself as sedentary. That 15 minute walk I took when I'd normally have driven to the store goes unlogged as well, so I can nibble off of my boyfriends plate without freaking out.

I'm a fan of creating "recipes" of things I use often that are small. Like, if I put onion, tomato, spinach, mustard, etc... on a sandwich, or turkey burger then I have that as a recipe for "Sammich Veggies". Little things like that have helped me log *more*, but I don't log spices, or if my coffee has no sweetener or creamer and is just black, I don't log it. So far so good.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    When I was on weight watchers the fruit was free and so were most of the vegetables. Some of that was seriously a lot of food and calories. If you are more concerned with healthy eating than losing weight, i would say don't log unless you start gaining.