What do you guys think of girls with jet black hair?

Options

Replies

• kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    i loved having jet black hair and miss it!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I did black last year, I am a natural blonde. Dying your hair black will look good but it will last with you for a very LONG time. My hair still has a faded black color at the end. Also since dying it black (perhaps it was baby #2) but my hair is not returning to the normal blonde with red highlights its now darker with red high lights. I miss my old hair color.

I would suggest a dark red, easier to fix if you dislike it.
  • niightwindz
    niightwindz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Personally I think you'd look really hot with dark red hair. :love: Go with what you think will look best though!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    0637_7d34.gif

tumblr_m35yxzrCCB1qhe8igo1_r1_500.gif
    Not a guy, but ^^^ THIS! Also, most of the men in my past or just male friends have always had a preference for dark hair and pale skin (has a lot to do with the subculture I'm involved with). I wish black hair looked good on me, but it just doesn't. It's too harsh on my face and brings out the shadows. I look better with lighter hair.
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I did black last year, I am a natural blonde. Dying your hair black will look good but it will last with you for a very LONG time. My hair still has a faded black color at the end. Also since dying it black (perhaps it was baby #2) but my hair is not returning to the normal blonde with red highlights its now darker with red high lights. I miss my old hair color.

I would suggest a dark red, easier to fix if you dislike it.

something dark dark like this?

a4ts9z.jpg

or something like this?

dr5wf7.jpg
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    mt2k3t.jpg

okay here's a pic of me if anyone wants to recommend a certain shade of black or possibly a new style too. it's not the best pic and I look tired and out of it haha, but you can see that my hair is a dark shade of brown. I dunno, I feel like my hair now is boring, maybe because I've never dyed it or gotten highlights but I definitely think it's time for a change! :D

I don't think you look out of it. I think it's more of a WTF? its cute :laugh:

If you get your hair dyed black, make sure you have it done so that it doesn't look flat. I think very dark red would be lovely.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I think you should do whatever makes you feel great about yourself. I dyed my hair jet black a few years ago, and unfortunately, I do not feel it flattered me. Like another person mentioned before, I have pale skin with a pink undertone, so maybe that is why? :laugh: It was also, quite literally, jet black with no highlights or undertones, which natural black hair even has, so I think that might have been another problem.

I'm not sure why you think dark brown hair "isn't doing you any favors". I naturally have dark brown hair (and am even partial to it on men and women) and I tend to get quite a few compliments on it in combination with my brown eyes. I understand wanting something different, though! Before just recently, I was a redhead for many years , which I loved! So good luck finding the right shade of black. I'm sure it will look just as lovely as your current hair color. :flowerforyou:
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    Options
    I think jet black would look hot, but because of this...I'll just let the girls chat about shades.

how_men_and_women_see_colors.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    dr5wf7.jpg
    This* definitely.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love black hair! I had it all last fall/winter/and early spring. It' was my 3rd time ever going that dark. I'm back to being a redhead though. :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my black hair...though in the middle of winter my skin gets pale...so it starts to look gothic. Summer time though, I am very fortunate to tan easily and I don't know of a better look :D

Black Hair + Decent Tan = Yes.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Jet black hair is hot . . .
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    Options
    Just make sure to match the carpet. Or shave, wax, or whatever.

haha that won't be a problem :laugh:
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    mt2k3t.jpg

okay here's a pic of me if anyone wants to recommend a certain shade of black or possibly a new style too. it's not the best pic and I look tired and out of it haha, but you can see that my hair is a dark shade of brown. I dunno, I feel like my hair now is boring, maybe because I've never dyed it or gotten highlights but I definitely think it's time for a change! :D

As someone who naturally has black hair and fairer skin, I personally think that jet black hair looks bad on everyone. Because no one naturally has jet black hair, it looks like a halloween wig (in my opinion) when anyone dyes their hair that shade. All of the people who have natural black hair really have hair that's a soft black, like a black-brown type of color. It looks like a soft black and then when you look at it in the light you can see that it's actually just a really, really dark brown. My hair, for instance, even has hints of reddish-chestnut in it.

So, in MY opinion, I think that a soft black would look very pretty on you. Alternatively, I think a very, very dark chestnut brown (to the point where it's almost black) would also look lovely. :smile:
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have naturally dark brown hair. but about a month ago I went jet black, I am STILL getting compliments! love it! I say go for it :)

Also a bit of info...I am pretty tan, and the color is very natural looking, not like Elvira or anything creepy :) If you do it right and complexion can match it, it looks great!
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    Options
    I have naturally dark brown hair. but about a month ago I went jet black, I am STILL getting compliments! love it! I say go for it :)

Also a bit of info...I am pretty tan, and the color is very natural looking, not like Elvira or anything creepy :) If you do it right and complexion can match it, it looks great!

Eek! I'm pretty pale! :o Summer is coming though! ;)
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    i used to dye my hair black... i liked it for a while... used to use this> it has like hints of blue and its really nice esp if you already have natural dark hair.
    http://beautifulbutcold.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/07124923001_450x450_a.jpg
  • noranda82
    noranda82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a natural red-head and dyed my hair jet black about a year ago after I went as a vulcan one Halloween and everyone was amazed how awesome I looked. I LOVE my new hair! Yes, I know a lot of guys prefer red, but I definitely prefer black. It all depends on the person. I think if you're thinking about it, go for it!

6scqye.jpg