August ShredHeads! - 30 Day Shred 8/1 - 8/30

Options

Replies

• sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Just done L2D3. Feeling very tired due to a sleepless night but glad that I pushed myself as the shred woke me up and now I feel more awake. Still finding some of the moves hard but feel like it is getting a bit easier :tongue:
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I was dumb enough to assume I'd wake up half an hour early this morning to do L2D2. YEAH RIGHT. This means I have to find some time today to do it. Might not be until really late, because I'm running around all day. I'm a little nervous that I'm barely sore after day one. I guess I'll have to work even harder today!

itsmenatalie - I switched up to fives halfway through level one, and then made the mistake of trying to do L2D1 with five pound weights. No dice. I'll be switching back to my threes for at least half of level 2.

zolamercedes - Don't worry about being behind, the important thing is you're doing it! For me, it's easier to keep at it if i avoid taking days off. I know myself well enough to know that as soon as I take one day off, I'll never go back to it. But I totally understand not wanting to do it every day! I hope you'll stick with it and keep joining us on the boards!

JessikaJ - Welcome! Glad you're joining us! The fact that you're so far is a great inspiration!
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    L2 D3 completed!

**Sim247** I had a sleepless night, too. And like sngnyrslp, I was planning to get up earlier than usual so that I could get it done at the beginning of my day. It so didn't happen. I ended up waiting until after dinner to get it in. It took everything in me to actually get to it, too.

But today felt a lot easier than the first two days. I didn't need to break nearly as often. I gave it a little more effort because it's my "last chance work out" before my official weekly weigh-in tomorrow. Then I'm off to a family reunion to blow all the hard work I've done all week!
    ...no, not really. But I am concerned about what I'm going to be able to eat without knowing for sure how many calories I'll be consuming.

**itsmenatalie** I've been using 3-lbs weights, too. I can't imagine using 5 lbs. Maybe after I'm as buff as Jillian! :laugh:
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    CONFESSION: LEVEL 2 KICKED MY BUTT TODAY.... WHOA!:frown: I am sore from yesterday when I used 5 lb. weights... today I dropped back down to 3 lb. WHOA!
  • scrappymel
    scrappymel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    L2D4 here... i HATE level two. my shoulders are SO sore ALL THE TIME. ugh. gotta drag myself upstairs to get started now....
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    L2D2 done! I wish I had a heart rate monitor - I can't imagine that I'm burning the same amount of calories in L2 as L1!
    I'm enjoying the challenge of Level 2. I think that, even though level one was intense, I'm already in pretty decent shape so I didn't really have to work up to it (which is not to say that it was easy at all!) Level 2 is SO much more intense though, and I'm excited to see that I've got something to work towards. I still took breaks today, but definitely fewer than yesterday. Also, those pendulum lunges are starting to make a little sense haha. I'm hoping I'll be able to do it without stopping by day four. we'll see!
    I hope you're all doing well and seeing changes! I can't wait to measure myself when this is over. However, I almost feel like I won't be incredibly disappointed even if I haven't lost any inches, because I know this program is making me stronger and giving me more stamina and endurance - I can feel it!
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    D5L1 DONE! I am feeling good. Still sweeting like a beast but I am sticking with it. Thanks sngnyrslp!

I think doing it in the AM beats my blah late afternoon/evening rut. Gonna try to stick with AM workouts so I don't cop out. When is everyone else getting their workouts in?
  • MFT2010
    Options
    D13L2 done! day off tomorrow! WHOOT WHOOT!:bigsmile: HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Confesssion time......had a day off from the shred today and have done no exercise at all. There is a good reason for this though. I had another sleepless night because me and my boyfriend were busy trying to protect my pet rabbit from foxes. We had one fox in the garden the night before trying to get at Roger (my rabbit) and then we had two visits by a fox last night so I had about 3 hours sleep and feel a bit like a zombie today. Tonight I will sleep because I have brought Roger into his indoor cage so I will be fit and ready for doing the shred tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, if anyone has any ideas of keeping foxes away from rabbits, i'd love to know!
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm upset. I haven't done one minute of exercise today, and to top it all off, I have no idea how many calories I consumed :-(
    I planned to shred tonight after we got back from my family reunion, but then my husband's friend was visiting town on leave from the military and we had to entertain him. He's still here, and now it's dangerously close to my bedtime. Fail.

I'm getting up before work tomorrow to shred. It's back to the grind after one day off!

Good job to everyone who DID do their shred today ;-)
    And those who didn't, there's always tomorrow!
  • MommaFreem
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has remeasured themselves since the begining of starting 30 DS. I did! I absolutely could not wait. I knew that I was feeling smaller and I really wanted to know so I could give myself a little boost of motivation to pull through till the end.

So here goes...I have lost 6 inches off my waist and 1/2 inch off of each leg and arm. I am so pumped! I can't wait to see how these 30 days are going to pan out.

Thank you to all who contribute to the message boards, you really keep me motivated and accountable. Best of luck to everyone! : )
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has remeasured themselves since the begining of starting 30 DS. I did! I absolutely could not wait. I knew that I was feeling smaller and I really wanted to know so I could give myself a little boost of motivation to pull through till the end.

So here goes...I have lost 6 inches off my waist and 1/2 inch off of each leg and arm. I am so pumped! I can't wait to see how these 30 days are going to pan out.

Thank you to all who contribute to the message boards, you really keep me motivated and accountable. Best of luck to everyone! : )

Six inches on your waist? that's AMAZING, congratulations!! I was so not thrilled about doing L2D3 tonight but reading your post really got me motivated and I completed it with only three or four breaks I think (those squat thrusts kill me every time). Tomorrow, I'll be thinking of your missing inches when I'm thinking about stopping and hopefully it'll push me to go further!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I'm starting to feel a little disconnected from this thread because I don't have shred level 2 and level 1 is way too easy now. Wal-mart has the dvd on sale for $9, I think I will invest in it. I was waiting for exercisetv to put up level 2, but they don't change programs until the end of the month and its still a chance that they don't have level 2 of the shred. I just don't want to buy another workout video and then a month or so later, I don't commit to it the way I used to. Plus exercisetv has so so many great programs. I'd love to keep doing the shred, but in the meantime, I'm at a bit of a standstill. I will probably do the jillian yoga tomorrow that's on exercisetv to see what its about. Has anyone tried it?
  • MFT2010
    Options
    leelawatson... I wounder if you could find level two online ...like on youtube or something... maybe/maybe not can't hurt to try?
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Yeah I think it might be on youtube. It wont be the best way to watch the workout, but it's better than nothing and it's free!

Update: you can buy a download from Amazon. You'd have to watch it from your computer or burn it to a dvd, but levels 2 and 3 are each available for only 1.99 each. the link is here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003568FR6?ie=UTF8&tag=side-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003568FR6
  • klococo624
    Options
    Hope you don't mind, but I'd like to join in even though it is now mid-month. I've completed L1D5 and can tell a huge difference in my endurance. I can get through the cardio and the ab work without stopping and most of the strength - though I have to say several of the exercises really aggravate my knees. I just try to modify the best I can while still feeling the burn. Look forward to continuing the 30 days and seeing what kind of results it produces!
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    OMG....you've lost 6 inches off your waist??? that's amazing. I've been so slack. Went away for the weekend so I've done NOTHING since Thursday...and haven't even started level 2 yet. Just got back now and so tired, can't see myself getting up at 5.30 to shred before work and that's the only time I can get to do it.
    I did have a sneaky measure last week when I'd lost weight...and I'd lost....NOTHING. Not a single, measley centimetre, off anywhere :sad:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    thanks for your advice. I think I will first look for it on youtube and then more than likely buy it from amazon.com $1.99 is very reasonable and I try to do it that way! thanks again! keep shredding.
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Finished L2D4 tonight. I'm starting to feel like level one was just the warm up for level two!
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    anyone feel sick and tired of Jillian? I just don't have the desire to do it :( Its really sad. part of my problem is this whole situation with the neighbor downstairs and not being able to do any of the cardio portions in the living room and instead having to go out into the stairwell/landing. Its really a pain in the *kitten*! I will try to do it tonight after my normal gym workout, we will see how that goes!