5'9" ladies......what is your goal weight

Options

Replies

• slightlymad13
    Options
    My goal is currently 170lbs, and to be honest at this point in time I can't even imagine being that low! But then I've never been less than 220 in the whole of my adult life so anything less than that is good! But yeah in my head I think 170-180 would suit me...I have a pretty big frame and am told I hide my weight well with it so I can't imagine going much below that without looking too skinny. But that said I think its impossible to know that until you get there! I'm just taking it as it comes and then will stop trying to lose when I reach a weight/size that I feel comfortable with :-)
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    I weigh about 145 now, and when I weighed that in high school it seemed too thin. Now it doesn't! I also have more muscle mass though. Hoping for an end result of about 135-ish, but I'll be happier if I can get my body fat % down around 20%, even if that means weighing more but having more muscle.
  • tatianna68
    tatianna68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just hit my goal weight of 175 I feel and look great. I am now going to maintain and tone.
  • HSM1982
    HSM1982 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have weighed at my highest 230 (size 24) and at my lowest 136 (size 8-10)...now I weigh 159 and I am a size 12 (tight fit in some outfits though). I enjoyed the size 8-10 because I was a lot toner due to a heavy lifting regimen...but my body, for several reasons, tends to like 155-160. I personally enjoy being a size 10 at about 140-145 pounds.
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    I am 5'8" at 143.
    Goal is 137-135 lbs.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5" I am currently 146lbs and my goal is 130 but about 1.5 years ago I was able to get down to 127 and maintain for a few months. My starting weight 2.5 years ago was 158.
  • simply_cherille
    Options
    I'm 5'9. My goal weight is to be about 165 so that my BMI will be in a healthy normal range and to get my BF % down
  • arisaurus
    arisaurus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", currently 144. Looking to get down to 110 or somewhere around there.
  • locdin2motion
    Options
    I'm 5'8 current goal is just to get to 199.... but my goal at the moment is 175 But I don't know how that's going to look since my body has change since I had a child in a good way and now have more of a "womanly " figure but Iam a large frame gal soooooo we'll see when I get to the 180's how I feel.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I've been maintaining at my goal weight of 125 about a year and a half now.

I feel fabulous.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Honestly - 125 lbs. I know that sounds low, but I have been at that weight before (at 19, 4 years ago) and I was very healthy and comfortable at it. I'm not comfortable with the gain that comes with getting older :( Even at 23 I find losing weight harder than it was a few years ago.
    Several Victoria's Secret models are 5"10 and as low as 123 and they are also toned.
    My bodyfat is 25%, I might get it a little lower, as to 22% or so, but I want to keep my bum and I want to have fat on it. Now that I have a boob job I don't have to worry about losing my breasts, which is great.
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". My current long-term goal is to get down to 160-165ish from 256. I'll re-assess from there and see where I want to go. Probably working on toning.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Honestly - 125 lbs. I know that sounds low, but I have been at that weight before (at 19, 4 years ago) and I was very healthy and comfortable at it. I'm not comfortable with the gain that comes with getting older :( Even at 23 I find losing weight harder than it was a few years ago.
    Several Victoria's Secret models are 5"10 and as low as 123 and they are also toned.
    My bodyfat is 25%, I might get it a little lower, as to 22% or so, but I want to keep my bum and I want to have fat on it.

It's not too low at all, depending on your frame. I definitely didn't starve myself to get here - just cleaned up my diet.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My bodyfat is 25%, I might get it a little lower, as to 22% or so, but I want to keep my bum and I want to have fat on it.

It's not too low at all, depending on your frame. I definitely didn't starve myself to get here - just cleaned up my diet.

I have never eaten unhealthy (never had a taste of junk food growing up) and have always eaten a lot of seafood, vegetables etc. I gained a few lbs over Christmas and have gone down again to my "natural" weight at 134 lbs, which I can maintain easily with a healthy diet. But to get down to 125 lbs I definitely have to starve myself. Eating 1300 a day, even with high protein foods, means I go hungry to bed. I suppose people are different.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options

I have never eaten unhealthy (never had a taste of junk food growing up) and have always eaten a lot of seafood, vegetables etc. I gained a few lbs over Christmas and have gone down again to my "natural" weight at 134 lbs, which I can maintain easily with a healthy diet. But to get down to 125 lbs I definitely have to starve myself. Eating 1300 a day, even with high protein foods, means I go hungry to bed. I suppose people are different.

Well, 134 at our height is still on the slim end - you want to be at a weight where you can maintain it easily so you are not *bouncing around*. I do lift heavy weights so I have a lot of lean muscle, which in turn I think raises my BMR, allowing me to eat more. . Or maybe I am an anomoly, since as a teenager I was 115 without even trying... Who knows!
  • jagivan
    jagivan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm inquiring because I still sometimes feel big. I've never been petite, always more of an athletic build. People comment on how "good" I look and I till see my problem areas. I have my next goal set at 165.

Same here. I don't see the change in me until I put on old clothes, & then I'm like, "Well, maybe a little.." lol. My heaviest weight was 199 (I'm SURE I topped that, but thankful I didn't see those numbers on the scale). I'm down to 169 with a goal of 155 (I hoped to get there by the end of June for vacay, but I don't think that's realistic, at this point). I am big boned, no hips, & most of what I have left is all in my belly & a little in my inner thighs. I think I got 155 stuck in my head as a goal after seeing where I rated on the BMI scale when I first started, but I've majorly plateaued in the past 2 weeks... I also cut down on cardio & incorporated heavy weights during this time, which might be the reason behind that, as I'm still losing inches. If I'm trading the fat for muscle, I might be okay at 160-165. We'll see, if I ever get there!

Either way, good luck with whatever goal you decide on... & I love seeing discussions among the 5'9 ladies!
  • Wolfe1759
    Wolfe1759 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and looking to reach 165. At the high end of the normal range, but a good weight for me. :-)
  • Maikana2
    Maikana2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and am 172 lbs but I do not like myself at all. The top weight with healthy BMI for this height is 168. I cannot consider anything above that acceptable for me at least, small or big frame. My goal is 150 and I used to be 145 pre kids but 150 is easier and looks good.
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hell Ill st be happy to be 200.............my bff says cant you imagine yourself at 175 I say hell no bu seeing is believing..................:flowerforyou:
  • weephees
    weephees Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and aimed for 140, I am now 139! But happy enough sticking around 140 pounds which is 10 stone so a pretty good weight for my height and structure I think, I wouldn't want to go much lower than that. I want my curves to stay intact hehe! :blushing: