OT: Are men really that dumb when it comes to house stuff

Options
124»

Replies

• kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    With him just being a guy, and me working full time, traveling, going to school, just finished planning a wedding, and trying to work out..... .you can just imagine what our house looks like!

Whatever.... don't sweat the small stuff.

PS we had a garage sale, and made $500 buckaroonies, and we still have too much stuff.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The bottom line for me is.... well... I'm SPOILED!!!

My Hub does quite a bit around the house... BUT when he was a kid he was always his mom's little helper so he doesn't mind it now. If I can't get to things he just does it and doesn't complain. So, in turn, I don't take it for granted b/c I have heard the many, many stories from my friends about their husbands and I NEVER want to be in that boat. Also, when he does do things I NEVER correct him... from everything I've ever heard - MEN HATE THAT! So even if I feel like he is doing something "wrong" (in my eyes) I just don't say anything. I'd rather him be doing something then nothing at all.

Don't get me wrong... he has his "moments" (weeks) where he is lazy as all get-out but so do I. I feel like all in all we are a great "team"... afterall we are suppose to be a TEAM right?

I also have a little secret... if I don't want to do something I just ask him nicely and tell him "Honey, why don't you do this while I do that... then we can have more "play time" later." He always goes for it! haha! :laugh: :wink: :bigsmile:

Kimber... this is just advice (you definitely don't have to take it) but try some tactics that are out of the box... be creative. Afterall, they ARE just big kids, right!?!?! Haha!!! :laugh: :happy: :tongue:

Good luck, sweetie! :flowerforyou:
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    lol....mine started pouting last night when I asked him to cook dinner....

wait for the punch line peoples....:laugh:

we had baked fish...fish and some seasonings in a tin foil pouch and pop it in the oven for 10 minutes...

I totally called him out on it lol.....and I think men are wonderful...I couldn't imagine my life without mine...I just wish it wasn't such a struggle to get him to help. I don't want to leave a list, or set chores...he's grown and I'm grown and we have no children....no reason why the work shouldn't be done as needed...EQUALLY!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Kimber - vent away girl - I posted on something as trivial as a being upset over a hair cut, so vent when you need to vent! No judgement... I typically just avoid the thread if the topic is not my cup of tea!
    :flowerforyou:

I do appreciate Wanderinglight's gentle reminder though- I did that a few months back when people were making fun of, ugh, I can barely repeat it, "fat people" at the gym. :ohwell:

My hubby, bless his heart, had both kids this weekend while I was away. I left him a list of my typical"chores" (change beds, wash floors, etc) a light version of what would happen on the weekends. None was done, but the kids were happy; they had painted out in the backyard, been to two birthday parties, and had a picnic lunch at the park. What more could I ask for? (well, maybe fresh sheets to return to... :tongue: ... just kidding)

Side note Kimber - I've been writing contracts these past few weeks, and I believe my lawyer would have advised that had you included the word "SOME men" in your original post, and you would have been covered!!! :wink: