controlling partners.

Options
13»

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Very disappointed, thought it would be a thread with tips on how to control partners.
    shock collar.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    At first when I read the title I thought 'not me' and then I read the responses about friends being controlling.

YES, I can relate to this as I had an abusive 'friendship' with a toxic woman at work.

She was very skilled socially and extremely manipulative and managed to get right under my skin and she controlled me from within myself - it was really effing horrible in the end.

The friendship started out amazingly, I had never had such a great friend. She helped me with everything and she was wise, funny and one of the best llisteners I have ever met. There were times when I felt such a bond with her that it brought tears to my eyes - not exaggerating.

She controlled every part of my working life, in the end and she would say and do things to make me lose clients on purpose, if I was making more money than her during the month she would physically attack me - no *kitten*.

She threatened to spread rumors to ruin my work environment and she did other things like buying me food if I said I was dieting, buying me gifts that I didn't want and then forcing me to do something for her in exchange for them.

She topped it all off by trying to break up a new romance of mine.

Once I had severed ties with this crazy one I contacted former workmates and told them what it had been like being friends with her - and no one believed me!

Everyone defended her.

She was amazing socially, second to none and she was utterly toxic, all the way to the core.
  • glovepuppet
    Options

Once I had severed ties with this crazy one I contacted former workmates and told them what it had been like being friends with her - and no one believed me!

Everyone defended her.

She was amazing socially, second to none and she was utterly toxic, all the way to the core.
    THIS I can totally relate to.

After telling my family a particular ex had raped me after they broke up, they invited him to a family outing instead of me. I was always a ***** for breaking his heart. He was always perfect because he was so danm 'nice' socially.

I live in hope he'll get gangrene of the todger one day. :smile:
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    been on both ends. 1st husband...loved a controlling woman. Wanted me to control every aspect of our lives. It was then I figured out I had a child and not a man. Way too much work for me. I need a man to think for himself. 2nd husband....tried to be controlling...um, no. I am a spouse, your equal, not a pet to drag around on a leash. So when I didn't obey his commands he locked himself up in the bedroom with a big butcher knife and bought himself a baker act and a divorce. Third relationship, 11 years, not married, happy, equal, couldn't ask for more!
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    been on both ends. 1st husband...loved a controlling woman. Wanted me to control every aspect of our lives. It was then I figured out I had a child and not a man. Way too much work for me. I need a man to think for himself. 2nd husband....tried to be controlling...um, no. I am a spouse, your equal, not a pet to drag around on a leash. So when I didn't obey his commands he locked himself up in the bedroom with a big butcher knife and bought himself a baker act and a divorce. Third relationship, 11 years, not married, happy, equal, couldn't ask for more!
    i had to google 'baker act'.

scary stuff!
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Likes to control, likes to be controlled there are all types and to each his own as for me I am a little of each and so is my wife so it works out.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    there's mopr than one type of control freak though. you get your bullies, emotional blackmailers, passive aggressives.
    in the past i've dated guys who tried those methods, failed, went completely insane. suicide, addection, assault, etc.
    these days, wouldn't stay one minute with a guy who even tried to undermine my self esteem or who threw tantrums.

...on the other hand, i'm quite content to have the right guy control pretty much every aspect of my life.

Oh BAY-BEE
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    At first when I read the title I thought 'not me' and then I read the responses about friends being controlling.

YES, I can relate to this as I had an abusive 'friendship' with a toxic woman at work.

She was very skilled socially and extremely manipulative and managed to get right under my skin and she controlled me from within myself - it was really effing horrible in the end.

The friendship started out amazingly, I had never had such a great friend. She helped me with everything and she was wise, funny and one of the best llisteners I have ever met. There were times when I felt such a bond with her that it brought tears to my eyes - not exaggerating.

She controlled every part of my working life, in the end and she would say and do things to make me lose clients on purpose, if I was making more money than her during the month she would physically attack me - no *kitten*.

She threatened to spread rumors to ruin my work environment and she did other things like buying me food if I said I was dieting, buying me gifts that I didn't want and then forcing me to do something for her in exchange for them.

She topped it all off by trying to break up a new romance of mine.

Everyone defended her.

Sounds like the typical sociopath.