The OMG Salad

Options
1235»

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I added a half cup of fresh cilantro to my salad and it really changes the flavor around. YUMMY!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Cous cous
    Roasted butternut
    Pumpkin & sunflower seeds
    Feta
    with a citrus dressing.

{NOM}
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Romaine lettuce
    shredded cabbage (red and green)
    Slivered raw almonds
    Roma tomatoes
    cucumber
    slivered radishes
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    Home made Asian Ginger Dressing

Recipe for dressing:

INGREDIENTS:
    1 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1 lemon, juiced
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
    1 teaspoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
    2 teaspoons honey
    ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, mustard, honey and pepper. Once these are thoroughly combined, add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly. When all of the oil is incorporated into the dressing, pour into a glass jar and chill until serving.
  • bowerstm3
    Options
    A little off topic, but how do you save a topic??
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You just did save a topic by posting. Now this thread will show in your my topics area in the community tab.
  • Allison9
    Allison9 Posts: 22
    Options
    had today:
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Crumbled Blue Cheese
    Grilled chicken w/ hot sauce

Lite Italian Dressing!

OMGGGG!!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    These all sound delicious!! I know what's for lunch tomorrow! :smile:
  • bluehorsesjp
    Options
    bump
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    Romaine Lett
    Cucumbers
    Tomatoes
    Feta
    Grilled chicken
    Pine nuts
    green peppers....

Home made salad dressing.. Lemon juice and olive oil.....
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Cous cous
    Roasted butternut
    Pumpkin & sunflower seeds
    Feta
    with a citrus dressing.

{NOM}

Yum! This one is right up my street, love all those ingredients!
  • meldan111
    meldan111 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What I have is a great big organic BABY SPRING MIX that I buy from Sam's Club. (3 CUPS OF THE MIX IS 20 CALORIES) Add any other veggies you wish with 6 oz. baked boneless chicken breast and Wishbone Salad Spritzers: I use 20 sprays and that equals out to 20 calories. You're not blowing extra needless calories on oil and they're very tasty. I can use that extra 200 -300 calories of oil on something really good. Keep the bottles in frig after opening.

I buy the Spritzers at Walmart. (top shelve of dressing aisle) Cheapiest price around compared to Publix, etc. I have all the flavors listed below. Kind of spices things up having different flavors available. So far, Wishbone only makes the 4 flavors listed.

$ 1.68 ea.@ Walmart
    Balsamic Breeze® Vinaigrette
    Italian Vinaigrette
    Caesar Delight® Vinaigrette
    Raspberry Bliss® Vinaigrette
    Ranch

You'll never eat salad the same way again. Spritz it any way you like it, and you'll have a perfect salad every time! Try all the flavorful vinaigrettes.
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    What I have is a great big organic BABY SPRING MIX that I buy from Sam's Club. (3 CUPS OF THE MIX IS 20 CALORIES) Add any other veggies you wish with 6 oz. baked boneless chicken breast and Wishbone Salad Spritzers: I use 20 sprays and that equals out to 20 calories. You're not blowing extra needless calories on oil and they're very tasty. I can use that extra 200 -300 calories of oil on something really good. Keep the bottles in frig after opening.

I buy the Spritzers at Walmart. (top shelve of dressing aisle) Cheapiest price around compared to Publix, etc. I have all the flavors listed below. Kind of spices things up having different flavors available. So far, Wishbone only makes the 4 flavors listed.

$ 1.68 ea.@ Walmart
    Balsamic Breeze® Vinaigrette
    Italian Vinaigrette
    Caesar Delight® Vinaigrette
    Raspberry Bliss® Vinaigrette
    Ranch

You'll never eat salad the same way again. Spritz it any way you like it, and you'll have a perfect salad every time! Try all the flavorful vinaigrettes.

I'm usually very anti-vinaigrette. I just don't like the way it tastes! But the ranch one is fabulous!!
  • julienamana
    Options
    togos santa fe chicken salad, hands down best salad ive ever had in my life!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bumping for salad ideas!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    You just did save a topic by posting. Now this thread will show in your my topics area in the community tab.

Unfortunately (unless I am missing something) you can only access your last 20 or so topics (meaning the last 20 with activity, not necessarily the last 20 you posted to). So posting to save a recipe that you'd like to try does not help much unless you want to try it in the near future. I am going to go search now for those black bean brownies I bumped months ago but never got around to...