Vacation? Where are you going or want to go?

Options
twinketta
twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
Me n hubby are off to Disney, Orlando from the UK on Tuesday. I so can not wait to have a vacay. Last holiday was May last year 5 days to Euro Disney, Paris.

We went to Cuba the year before on what I thought was going to be a lifetime experience holiday and OMG it was!!! The worst holiday of my life it cost us more to get home as we left after 1 week of a 2 week holiday.

I feel like all we do is work, work and then work some more like a hamster on a wheel just waiting to get away and have a holiday.

Where are you going or where do you want to go for you holiday?

Or even where is the best place to holiday in your experience?

Replies

• clairabellle
    clairabellle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Queenstown in New Zealand is one of the best places in the world to visit! So much to do anytime of the year. Been all over the world and this is still my fav and it helps that is in my own country :-)
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up for Jaimaca or Bahamas.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia next month! Excited!!

I'd say best place for a vacation is Germany, although my opinion is biased as I studied there for a few months last year so it's like a second home to me <3
  • michellemiller53
    michellemiller53 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Our family is going to Disney World in Orlando in 89 days!!! It's our family's favorite place on earth. This will be our third trip in three years and we have Disney fever so bad, we can't stand it! For us it's money well spent for some magical time away with just the five of us! Can't wait to see Mickey!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I just got back from vacationing in England/Scotland and I'm from the western US. AMAZING! Especially as a group trip where everything was taken care of. I signed up through the local major university. It was $5000 but that included fine dining for every meal in nice restaurants, great hotels in the heart of the cities, a private coach for transportation, wonderful guides, and all tickets were covered to get into the sites. We also had 4 musical performances and a Shakespeare play that were Broadway quality to watch!

We did three days in London followed by staying in 6 other hotels going through by Stonehenge, major palaces/castles, Roman baths, Anne Hathaway's cottage, old churches, city tours, a Scottish celebration, and many other amazing places.

I recommend looking into your university's traveling department to see if they have anything you can go on. It's not a bunch of young students either. In fact, ours was all retired folks plus a couple 40 year olds so I was SUPER young compared. That's cool though if you can bring a friend! We had time to go venture out on the city in the evenings. Otherwise Globus is who our travel agency was that helped pull it altogether and they set up wonderful trips too.

My profile photo has Loch Ness in the background and the ticker is a palace I visited is Chatsworth House! AMAZING!!
  • twinketta
    Options
    I'm saving up for Jaimaca or Bahamas.

I am sure you will get there, They have lovely beaches there right? Have only ever seen them in movies :ohwell:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Vermont. Pretty soon I will be living there and it will be like a permanent holiday :drinker:
  • twinketta
    Options
    I'm going to Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia next month! Excited!!

I'd say best place for a vacation is Germany, although my opinion is biased as I studied there for a few months last year so it's like a second home to me <3

Wow love the whole visiting South East Asia stuff, well done you for your `wanderlust` (if that is how you spell it)

I suppose with being from UK I have visited lots of European countries, Poland, Belgium, Netherlands etc and I to want venture a little further but some of the European countries have a big history and culture that is an experience
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    We've got two holidays coming up.

Spending most of August camping around France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg and then spending Christmas in Marrakech.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Me n hubby are off to Disney, Orlando from the UK on Tuesday. I so can not wait to have a vacay. Last holiday was May last year 5 days to Euro Disney, Paris.

We went to Cuba the year before on what I thought was going to be a lifetime experience holiday and OMG it was!!! The worst holiday of my life it cost us more to get home as we left after 1 week of a 2 week holiday.

I feel like all we do is work, work and then work some more like a hamster on a wheel just waiting to get away and have a holiday.

Where are you going or where do you want to go for you holiday?

Or even where is the best place to holiday in your experience?

I went to Cuba for my honeymoon and had an amazing time, I loved it there.

My favourite place to go is France. I have a French degree so I guess it helps that I can speak to people there. I spent my 3rd year of uni in Avignon and that was a fantastic year. I'd love to go back there.

I've got 2 young kids now and work part time so we can't really afford a holiday this year.

I'd love to go to Australia.
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This summer we have no big plans. But I think we're going to visit my father in law and his family at their holiday home if the weather is good. And maybe a weekend at a nice hotel. We're decorating our basement to make 2 more bedrooms and a den. So we have a lot of work to do this summer. I'm so looking forward to having more room and the two youngest won't have to share a bedroom anymore.

But in November we will go to Gran Canaria together with another family. It will be nice to have some sun and nice weather when it's cold and dark here in Norway.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    We are going to Costa Rica this summer. Adventure vacation half the time and laying on the beach the other half. Paradise!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Well, you're talking about 2 completely different experiences here. Personally, I would not spend my hard-earned money on a Disney vacation of any kind. You pay a lot of money for something that's 100% artificial, no history (in the sense that it's not a site of historical interest), no quirks, carefully programmed. In Cuba you'll see poverty, dilapidated buildings, people who may not speak your language, even people who don't want you there (true of many destinations, of course). DH and I haven't been to Cuba- we're Americans and there are limited ways to visit legally- but we like vacations with quirks. We've run into bad service, beggars, sullen natives, bad weather, pickpockets, con artists- the whole gamut- and we love every vacation we've ever taken.

But, to answer your question: we just got back for a week in Paris. Loved it despite awful weather, crowds and long lines at the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay and nearly getting arrested for not keeping my stamped Metro ticket. (I was in the wrong and the transit police were very polite.)

Up for next year: an Alaskan cruise. We took this line last year; it was a 73-passenger ship, dreadfully expensive, tiny staterooms with no locks on the doors, up close and personal with nature, extreme activities for me, level hikes and kayaking for DH. We loved it so much we're going back.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm taking my kids to Myrtle Beach the first week of August...I'd love to go to St. Martins, my brother says it is so nice there, maybe once my kiddos are a bit older.
  • mwersan
    mwersan Posts: 175
    Options
    Last month I took a trip to Aruba! Oh my goodness! Aruba is absolutely breathtaking! Had a wonderful time! The best beach I have ever been too! Wish I had the opportunity to get certified with diving while I was there. However, planning to already go next year and definitely dive!

Eagle Beach is gorgeous...sooo surreal!
  • Tubtui
    Tubtui Posts: 53
    Options
    Me going on vacation is always a bad idea.

I went to Birmingham in August 2011 and riots started while I was there.
    I went to Manchester last September and a cop killer (killed two policewomen) was on the loose.

In a few weeks I'm flying to Istanbul and things are already looking ... idyllic.

I have friends in the US who have told me to please stay away, though one friend from San Francisco suggested I visit Los Angeles. I question her motive though. :tongue:
  • MistieWalters
    Options
    Alaska! The beautiful snow top mountains and glacier ocean scene.... Or maybe just a cruise through would be nice too.. Ohhh! or Paris. Paris is nice, so I hear. :)
  • kelsierose094
    kelsierose094 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm travelling around Europe for 4 months next year! It's only been recently decided, and I'd absolutely love to see Italy and Greece. Has anyone got any suggestions of places I MUST see when there!?
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    19 day/195 mile fall hike.
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Australia....