The most important meal of the day?

Options

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It is very important to eat multiple times a day. For metabolism efficiency you should try to eat 5 small meals a day. or 5 tiems a day snacks and meals. If you are looking for a smoothie type breakfast I recommend getting some information about Shakeology. It is actually the "healthiest meal of the day" Ive been drinking it now for over 2 months and have really seen some great improvements in not only weight loss, but health in general.

That is false. Your metabolism isn't any faster if you eat 6 meals than if you were to eat two. Stop promoting a myth and stop trying to sell your horrible shake.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day....b/c it jump-starts your metabolism. I used to get sick from eating breakfast, but I quit my belly-aching and just did it. I eat breakfast faithfully and it's been a year since I started doing so...I just eat something small: granola bar, dry cereal, fruit, etc. Anything is better than nothing. Your body will get used to your routine.

(No pun intended...that's just how I referred to myself. lol)

NO!
  • amayaasn
    amayaasn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not trying to sell anything. Just mentioning a product that has helped me. If you will notice I just simply mentioned get more information. Gorging a 2000 calorie meal to meat your intake requirements isnt going to help anyone. For the sake of energy, which that is the only reason to consume food to energize your body it is best to eat consistently throughout the day. I am not a doctor or saying that you HAVE to eat so many times a day. Consistency is key if you wake at 11 try to eat as soon as your body can tolerate it. Bc if you have a decent sleep/eating schedule you probably havent eating in 8-12 hours. Your body needs the energy. Eating one big meal a day can result in fluctuating blood sugar levels, which in turn can result in loss of lean body mass. Do you want to lose muscle or fat? Eating when you have low blood sugar causes you to release more insulin which results in more fat being produced. Loss of lean muscle mass, production of fat. Ill stick with eating throughout the day. Waiting for all you vultures to jump on this one!! Cant wait for the replies I get!!
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not trying to sell anything. Just mentioning a product that has helped me. If you will notice I just simply mentioned get more information. Gorging a 2000 calorie meal to meat your intake requirements isnt going to help anyone. For the sake of energy, which that is the only reason to consume food to energize your body it is best to eat consistently throughout the day. I am not a doctor or saying that you HAVE to eat so many times a day. Consistency is key if you wake at 11 try to eat as soon as your body can tolerate it. Bc if you have a decent sleep/eating schedule you probably havent eating in 8-12 hours. Your body needs the energy. Eating one big meal a day can result in fluctuating blood sugar levels, which in turn can result in loss of lean body mass. Do you want to lose muscle or fat? Eating when you have low blood sugar causes you to release more insulin which results in more fat being produced. Loss of lean muscle mass, production of fat. Ill stick with eating throughout the day. Waiting for all you vultures to jump on this one!! Cant wait for the replies I get!!

You are simply wrong. Stop spreading false information. It only hurts people.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

So you admit you're trolling, then ...
  • Diyamommy
    Diyamommy Posts: 56
    Options
    :smile:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I like how you preface anyone who isn't going to agree with you as a vulture. For that reason alone, this is a far as I will go in responding to you.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It is very important to eat multiple times a day. For metabolism efficiency you should try to eat 5 small meals a day. or 5 tiems a day snacks and meals. If you are looking for a smoothie type breakfast I recommend getting some information about Shakeology. It is actually the "healthiest meal of the day" Ive been drinking it now for over 2 months and have really seen some great improvements in not only weight loss, but health in general.

Nope, the whole eat more meals thing has been debunked and there's no scientific proof that this, or eating breakfast/in the morning does anything different than eating less meals/different timing. It's a preference thing and nothing more.

I break my fast at 11am with my largest meal of the day (around 1,000 calories), so for me that's my most important meal of the day, out of the two that I eat :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

You are simply wrong. Stop spreading false information. It only hurts people.

tumblr_mbkj2fBGee1risusro1_500_zps7788c455.gif
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I REALLY like the Yoplait smoothie pouches. I have one of those magic-bullet style blenders so it's a quick/easy cleanup. I do the triple berry pouch (1/2 is the serving size) with 1.25 cup of light Silk soy milk, and 1/4 scoop of vanilla protein powder. :) The protein fills me up and the smoothie is just frozen yogurt pieces and frozen fruit, so it's excellent. And pretty low cal! :) Hope this helps!
  • 4pac
    4pac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    For me breakfast is the most enjoyable (as opposed to most important) meal of the day.
    I usually dream about breakfast before I even wake up.
    Its the second thing I think about after opening my eyes.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Kind of going back to the original comment- I think it varies and different people respond better to certain meals. I used to feel sick if I ate breakfast, but it turns out that I'm really not a breakfast food type of person, so it's not unusual for me to have pasta or something for breakfast. If I'm exercising in the am, I try to do a very small meal (just a few bites) so I don't upset my tummy but don't end up starving either. Just keep at it and find your balance :)
  • momzeeee
    Options
    Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day....b/c it jump-starts your metabolism. I used to get sick from eating breakfast, but I quit my belly-aching and just did it. I eat breakfast faithfully and it's been a year since I started doing so...I just eat something small: granola bar, dry cereal, fruit, etc. Anything is better than nothing. Your body will get used to your routine.

So you force yourself to do something that make you sick, based on a fallacy that's been debunked, and you're actually advocating it to other people?!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Every one of my meals is the most important...also, meal timing is irrelevant for the most part.
  • amayaasn
    Options

Im sorry I dont understand trolling for what? I was just trying to help and I get replies and quotes about how im wrong. I admit im not a doctor but eating all your required cals in one meal is not going to do anything for your body but set you up for failure. Ive tried all those fad diets, eat this at this time only drink this amount of water only after eating this, etc. She asked about breakfast and what would be a good liquid breakfast. I told her what I eat. I dont really understand why my reply was so horrible to all you guys? Can you please tell me?
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options

So you force yourself to do something that make you sick, based on a fallacy that's been debunked, and you're actually advocating it to other people?!

^^This.
  • momzeeee
    Options
    Then hobbits will jump in and say you need to eat seven times a day, and each is as important as the last.

Breakfast
    Second Breakfast
    Elevensies
    Lunch
    Afternoon Tea
    Dinner
    Supper
    not counting snacks.

Best post ever :D
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Im sorry I dont understand trolling for what? I was just trying to help and I get replies and quotes about how im wrong. I admit im not a doctor but eating all your required cals in one meal is not going to do anything for your body but set you up for failure. Ive tried all those fad diets, eat this at this time only drink this amount of water only after eating this, etc. She asked about breakfast and what would be a good liquid breakfast. I told her what I eat. I dont really understand why my reply was so horrible to all you guys? Can you please tell me?

Because it is wrong
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Whatever meal I'm currently eating is the most important meal of the day for me.
    This is so true!
  • amayaasn
    Options

Because it is wrong

Please tell me of a bodybuilder, fitness model, someone who has been successful in losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle for any period of time at all that will advocate eating one meal a day?