Angel4ever44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The one where I'm eating something.

Made my day
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    In for pie, because....well...pie.

In for the possibility of waffles > pancakes, but having said that, IHOP > Waffle House

In for eating breakfast at lunch time and calling it brunch.

In for reading of myths and legends of jump-started metabolisms and how eating all your calories at once is bad.

In for pseudo-science and MLM brochure rhetoric.
    You'll like this thread then:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1011091-body-by-pie?hl=body+by+pie

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I posted the first pie picture in that thread. That pie was yummy.
  • JudiCJ
    JudiCJ Posts: 5
    Options
    1 cup frozen fruit (I like mango, strawberry, pineapple, peach Great Value) 70 cal. + 1 cup water + 6oz Greek Yogurt, Blend it up in my Bullet. All the protein from the yogurt plus the fruit fills me up and keeps me going through my morning cleaning jobs.

a handful of almonds and an apple for a snack if I get hungry (usually around 11:00)

lunch around 1:30- 2:00

Dinner around 6pm

done for the day!

This of course is a good day ;)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You always hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but why? I'm never hungry in the morning and if I force myself to eat it makes me sick. Does anybody else have this problem? What are some good alternatives to eating solid food? Preferably some non-processed, low-calorie options. The obvious solution would be a smoothie or some kind of weight loss drink, but what kind? What kind is going to give me what I need in the mornings that I should be getting from the "most important meal of the day"?

I had the same problem. I never used to eat in the morning and I hated it because I would feel sick. It took a lot of getting used to but now that I do it and eat every three hours (for the most part) my metabolism has sped up so fast that I have lost about 17 pounds in two weeks with strictly that change. I have not been working out because I wanted to take it slow with the changes I made. I am starting the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution today so this will be my first day working out. Jump starting your metabolism is totally worth the gagging feeling from eating breakfast. If you like tea, try drinking some in the morning about 15 minutes before you eat breakfast. That helped me a little. Also, if you just get through it, you should get used to it within a week.

Really?!!

Yeah, really! I lose weight pretty quickly but it is probably because I am sooooo overweight. I started at 260 two weeks ago (my heaviest) and I am now this morning 243.2. It is hard because I can lose weight so fast that I just jump right into it doing three hours of workouts a day and trying to eat only 1300 calories but I always gain it back. I told myself this is the last time I go through this again so I worked on getting my diet under control and replacing bad eating habits with good ones. Now I feel I am ready to do workouts but I am only allowing myself to workout for an hour a day until I feel I have it under control and won't go crazy, then burn myself out and stop.

17 lbs in 2 weeks. There is no way that is mostly fat loss.

17 lbs of fat would be 59,500 calories and over 14 days would be deficit of 4,250 each day. Congrats on the large amount of water weight lost.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    For me it's lunch. When and what I eat determines how much snacking I'll be doing before and after dinner. :smile: I've already mastered the art of eating a decent breakfast. The rest of the day, not so much.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    All of my meals are important - but if I don't eat dinner I can't sleep! XD
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Not trying to sell anything. Just mentioning a product that has helped me. If you will notice I just simply mentioned get more information. Gorging a 2000 calorie meal to meat your intake requirements isnt going to help anyone. For the sake of energy, which that is the only reason to consume food to energize your body it is best to eat consistently throughout the day. I am not a doctor or saying that you HAVE to eat so many times a day. Consistency is key if you wake at 11 try to eat as soon as your body can tolerate it. Bc if you have a decent sleep/eating schedule you probably havent eating in 8-12 hours. Your body needs the energy. Eating one big meal a day can result in fluctuating blood sugar levels, which in turn can result in loss of lean body mass. Do you want to lose muscle or fat? Eating when you have low blood sugar causes you to release more insulin which results in more fat being produced. Loss of lean muscle mass, production of fat. Ill stick with eating throughout the day. Waiting for all you vultures to jump on this one!! Cant wait for the replies I get!!

So you admit you're trolling, then ...

Im sorry I dont understand trolling for what? I was just trying to help and I get replies and quotes about how im wrong. I admit im not a doctor but eating all your required cals in one meal is not going to do anything for your body but set you up for failure. Ive tried all those fad diets, eat this at this time only drink this amount of water only after eating this, etc. She asked about breakfast and what would be a good liquid breakfast. I told her what I eat. I dont really understand why my reply was so horrible to all you guys? Can you please tell me?

Because it is wrong

Please tell me of a bodybuilder, fitness model, someone who has been successful in losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle for any period of time at all that will advocate eating one meal a day?

this guy
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Not trying to sell anything. Just mentioning a product that has helped me. If you will notice I just simply mentioned get more information. Gorging a 2000 calorie meal to meat your intake requirements isnt going to help anyone. For the sake of energy, which that is the only reason to consume food to energize your body it is best to eat consistently throughout the day. I am not a doctor or saying that you HAVE to eat so many times a day. Consistency is key if you wake at 11 try to eat as soon as your body can tolerate it. Bc if you have a decent sleep/eating schedule you probably havent eating in 8-12 hours. Your body needs the energy. Eating one big meal a day can result in fluctuating blood sugar levels, which in turn can result in loss of lean body mass. Do you want to lose muscle or fat? Eating when you have low blood sugar causes you to release more insulin which results in more fat being produced. Loss of lean muscle mass, production of fat. Ill stick with eating throughout the day. Waiting for all you vultures to jump on this one!! Cant wait for the replies I get!!

You are wrong, and I suggest you stop name calling when people disagree with your completely erroneous assertions.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If it makes a difference when we start eating I'm screwed. Breakfast is a rarity for me because I'm just not usually hungry in the mornings and like you, OP, trying to force myself to eat made me sick or upset my stomach for the rest of the day. Now I will eat in the morning if I'm actually hungry, but if I'm not I have my breakfast closer to others lunchtime. So far I've not found it to make a bit of difference provided I'm actually eating near my calorie goal and not going too far under or outrageously over.
  • changingmylife85
    Options
    Every meal is important! don't skip meals, it only backfires in your face (or butt or stomach or thighs) the next day, when it's most unhealthy to eat..right before bed aka midnight snacking.
    I'm the same way when it comes to not being very hungry in the morning. But think about it, you're cutting calories. My calorie goal is right at 1600, because I'm a breastfeeding mama. I stay pretty active all day...where do I get my energy? Breakfast, when do I burn it off? I have aaaalll day to do it! Figure 1600 calorie limit. A hard boiled egg and a greek yogurt...little over 300 calories. Not counting your cup of coffee (not starbucks, homemade) so theres already down to say 1100 left to consume. Don't get a chance to excercise yet...so the calories sit. You have lunch. Even a simple salad with lite dressing and limited garnishments can put you around 3/400 calories. plus some water (calorie free, drink lots!!) and maybe some lowfat baked crackers/chips..you're around 500 calories, so you have 700 calories left to consume for the day before you go over your limit! Let's say the day gets busy and you don't get a chance to work out after lunch or before dinner...what are you going to make thats healthy, filling, quick and easy that's under 700 calories??!?!?! trust me, not much. Chicken, lean steaks, fish, pork, any of it will just about set you over your limit with your salad and veggies and fruit (gotta have fruit!) and a glass of skim or 1% milk. BAM! you're cut off...That's how easy it is to reach your limit! And did you get a chance to excercise? lets say you didn't, then you're a little safer than if you would have skipped breakfast, been hungrier at lunch time and ate too much to want to eat dinner 4 hours before bed...eat dinner and go to bed an hour later and allllll that food is sitting in your tummy, settling..melting into starch and sugar that your body cant burn because you're sleeping. This is what I think of every day. Part of dieting is timing too :)
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Isn't it what you eat and how much of it that's more important than when, cows only eat grass but eat it all day and they're fat, snakes rarely eat and they thin.......go figure? Not sure it so important about when
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    It is very important to eat multiple times a day. For metabolism efficiency you should try to eat 5 small meals a day. or 5 tiems a day snacks and meals. If you are looking for a smoothie type breakfast I recommend getting some information about Shakeology. It is actually the "healthiest meal of the day" Ive been drinking it now for over 2 months and have really seen some great improvements in not only weight loss, but health in general.

That is false. Your metabolism isn't any faster if you eat 6 meals than if you were to eat two. Stop promoting a myth and stop trying to sell your horrible shake.

Because it affects you how if she does?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Every meal is important! don't skip meals, it only backfires in your face (or butt or stomach or thighs) the next day, when it's most unhealthy to eat..right before bed aka midnight snacking.
    I'm the same way when it comes to not being very hungry in the morning. But think about it, you're cutting calories. My calorie goal is right at 1600, because I'm a breastfeeding mama. I stay pretty active all day...where do I get my energy? Breakfast, when do I burn it off? I have aaaalll day to do it! Figure 1600 calorie limit. A hard boiled egg and a greek yogurt...little over 300 calories. Not counting your cup of coffee (not starbucks, homemade) so theres already down to say 1100 left to consume. Don't get a chance to excercise yet...so the calories sit. You have lunch. Even a simple salad with lite dressing and limited garnishments can put you around 3/400 calories. plus some water (calorie free, drink lots!!) and maybe some lowfat baked crackers/chips..you're around 500 calories, so you have 700 calories left to consume for the day before you go over your limit! Let's say the day gets busy and you don't get a chance to work out after lunch or before dinner...what are you going to make thats healthy, filling, quick and easy that's under 700 calories??!?!?! trust me, not much. Chicken, lean steaks, fish, pork, any of it will just about set you over your limit with your salad and veggies and fruit (gotta have fruit!) and a glass of skim or 1% milk. BAM! you're cut off...That's how easy it is to reach your limit! And did you get a chance to excercise? lets say you didn't, then you're a little safer than if you would have skipped breakfast, been hungrier at lunch time and ate too much to want to eat dinner 4 hours before bed...eat dinner and go to bed an hour later and allllll that food is sitting in your tummy, settling..melting into starch and sugar that your body cant burn because you're sleeping. This is what I think of every day. Part of dieting is timing too :)

Why is it unhealthy to eat right before bed?

Your body does not stop oxidizing fat when you sleep. Your metabolism is still going when you go to bed. If it doesn't it means you are dead.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

I think I have a headache after reading this.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

I think I have a headache after reading this.

Word.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Haven't been eating breakfast since January. Tell me, do I look like I've had trouble losing the fat?

The period between when I wake and when I first eat is the most productive part of my day. I am sharp, energetic, and I also do killer workouts. I frequently eat close to 2000 cals for "lunch"
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Probably the meal after your workout, hopefully most of your carbs are at this meal to refill your muscles with glycogen
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Why You Should Eat Breakfast

Having a healthy and balanced breakfast is important for your well-being. There are three reason why you should not skip your breakfast.
    1.As you attempt to go through the morning without breakfast, you may suffer various symptoms such as headache, shakiness, weakness and lack of concentration. This is due to the fact that after a long night sleep, your blood sugar levels could be dangerously low. Any kind of strenuous physical activities could be affected.
    2.Breakfast is an ideal opportunity to get nutrients into your diet. Breakfast provides calories and it is important for children, teens, physically active adults and even for overweight people trying to lose weight.
    3.If you skip your breakfast, you would probably feel very hungry around mid or late-morning. You could probably crave for a sugary snack, such as doughnut, which contains a lot of fat and less nutrients. So, you are eating a less balanced and less nutritious food instead of a balanced nutritious breakfast.

OMG I didn't eat breakfast today and my blood sugar fell through the floor. Now I am hypoglycemic. I haven't been able to stop shaking and this headache is killing me! Now I've missed an important opportunity to get nutrients, will be hungry in five minutes, and will be forced to reach for a doughnut-ham-hamburger, which is 5600 calories. I fail.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    We had pizza for dinner. I've already hidden my piece away for breakfast. You haven't seen vultures until the guys in my house are looking for the last piece of pizza.
  • blackeraser
    Options
    No breakfast IS the most important meal of the day. Without it your metabolism wont burn even half as much. Ask your doctor about stuff like skipping breakfast.