road ethics

Options
NormInv
NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
I am appalled at the lack of road ethics shown by people. For example, people would travel in the exit lane to avoid traffic, then get back into lane right at the end. I hate these people. There is something wrong with them. We all justify our stupid actions but it really is a reflection of our character. Stop being a jerk!

Replies

• weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Fart in their general direction or point at them and scream "A pox upon you, you unethical road penishead."
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Or people who see the Right lane ends 1 mile sign and stays in the right line right up until it ends and then expects someone to let them in....
  • weevil66
    Options
    Awesome. It took penishead and didn't * it out.
  • NormInv
    Options
    Fart in their general direction or point at them and scream "A pox upon you, you unethical road penishead."

Physically impossible when driving!!!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Ethics? I doubt it's lack of ethics, it's a lack of a proper drivers education and general "head up their butt" syndrome.
  • weevil66
    Options

Physically impossible when driving!!!

Maybe you could get one of those knobs for your steering wheel. That might help. I saw one in a movie.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I am a very courteous driver, until someone pisses me off, then I do whatever I can to not let them over, or generally irritate them right back. There is one area by where I live in Ohio on 77 South that has an on ramp followed quickly by an exit. It is very tight. Morons love to travel in the far right lane, what the hell?? Drive in the midle lane until you are past this area unless you are getting OFF at that exit!! It really boils my blood at that spot inparticular. :explode: Actually, in general if you know there is a busy on ramp coming up, just GET OVER so you don't have to worry about letting anyone on the highway! i was taught that in driver's ed :wink:
  • NormInv
    Options
    Ethics? I doubt it's lack of ethics, it's a lack of a proper drivers education and general "head up their butt" syndrome.

Disagree - the way you conduct yourself on the road (and in public in general) is a reflection of how your parents brought you up, and your general lack of manners.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My latest driving pet peeves:

1. People who take roughly 47 years to switch lanes or turn. Just get out of the way already.
    2. People who take their sweet time cruising up to an intersection until the light changes from green to yellow and then floor it, leaving you to catch the red light.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

Disagree - the way you conduct yourself on the road (and in public in general) is a reflection of how your parents brought you up, and your general lack of manners.

I totally agree with you. You can tell how sensible and considerate people are by the way they drive.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My young kids call those kind of drivers "bad bananas." It takes away my road rage like that *snaps*
  • bluetrumpet01
    bluetrumpet01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am appalled at the lack of road ethics shown by people. For example, people would travel in the exit lane to avoid traffic, then get back into lane right at the end. I hate these people. There is something wrong with them. We all justify our stupid actions but it really is a reflection of our character. Stop being a jerk!

I'm one of those guys. Not only do I NOT care what you think of my driving, I HATE the fact you drive like a scared little ... I don't even know. How about you worry about your own driving, improve your situational awareness on the road, and drive like you actually want to get wherever you're going. By the way, I only need 3 inches on either side to jump the gap between you and the car ahead of you (though you might be the type that leaves 3 football fields). It's not wreckless, it's knowing how to drive like you have a clue how to actually handle the 3k pound machine you've been entrusted with.

You want road ethics, how about you don't add an extra half hour to my commute, mmmk?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I really love the &*)(*%$ who shove the phone in their ear or text while holding up traffic. I have on more than one occasion, when spying them texting, lay on my horn and make them jump the red light! LOL If youre one them and youre reading this please now how I loathe you. LOL
  • bluetrumpet01
    bluetrumpet01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I really love the &*)(*%$ who shove the phone in their ear or text while holding up traffic. I have on more than one occasion, when spying them texting, lay on my horn and make them jump the red light! LOL If youre one them and youre reading this please now how I loathe you. LOL

^^ YES. I wish this had a like button
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Or people who see the Right lane ends 1 mile sign and stays in the right line right up until it ends and then expects someone to let them in....
    Yeah - this gets on my nerves too. If I didn't have a highly developed appreciation for living, I would race them to the end. LOL
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I HATE THIS!!!! I will speed up, slow down, do anything possible to NOT let them in. Then flip them off when I pass them.
  • NormInv
    Options
    The irony is that these are the deep dish pizzas who are actually causing the delays by trying to get into the lane at the end. But they have a low IQ to go with their poor manners for them to realize it. High correlation between the two.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

I'm one of those guys. Not only do I NOT care what you think of my driving, I HATE the fact you drive like a scared little ... I don't even know. How about you worry about your own driving, improve your situational awareness on the road, and drive like you actually want to get wherever you're going. By the way, I only need 3 inches on either side to jump the gap between you and the car ahead of you (though you might be the type that leaves 3 football fields). It's not wreckless, it's knowing how to drive like you have a clue how to actually handle the 3k pound machine you've been entrusted with.

You want road ethics, how about you don't add an extra half hour to my commute, mmmk?

I ran across you one night on HWY 87 beach road coming out of Sabine Pass. Narrow 2 lane, dark, lonely and no one for miles.

You blew by me and could barely hold it on the road. About 8 minutes later I pulled over when I saw you in the mosquito infested marsh, 75 feet off the road. Swinging wildly at the ravenous marsh mosquitoes you asked if I could get a cell phone connection cuz you where out of range. As I got back in my ride I told you it sure wasnt gonna be your night and drove off. Later tater. LOL
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    14993_109730065707554_100000116825772_268063_3811498_n_zps552efe1b.jpg
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options

ME TOO!!!!!!! I will sit on the car in front of mine's butt to keep them out... my mini road rage it totally pisses me off like their time is more valuable than anyone else's??????? *kitten*