My working diet is a 500 cal diet is anyone eles trying this

Options
I eat 500-700 calories a day I have oatmeal or grits for breakfast Campbles chicken soup 100% natural chunky for lunch and half to a 4th of a serving of whatever I cook for dinner excluding mac and cheese cant touch that and I cook a main dish and 3 to 4 sides not including the mac and cheese. My work out include 3 times a day routine of walking 2mph for an hour 100 crunches 100 arm circles 25 pushups and 25 squats and I have lost 12 pounds in about 2 and a half weeks and feel better then I have ever in my entire life. Has anyone tried this diet and has it worked for them?

Replies

• yurika975
    yurika975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am a bit concerned. I think it's basically due to starving. You're working out too? I think you will find it harder to lose weight this way because you have to restrict even more. Eventually you will be down to 100 to 200 calories. That's what a cup of yogurt? I'm not bashing. I applaud your effort. I just think that eventually the weight will come back and bring many friends...

I say keep the works and increase your calories to support your weight loss. Oatmeal is good and has fiber. May more meatless meals, hummus, veggies. HTH
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You're either going to be in the ICU or on a slab in the morgue at those calories. I sincerely HOPE no one else is trying this!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a recipe for gaining all of the weight back as soon as you start eating normally. Good luck!
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good luck keeping that up. Eat at least what MFP set out for you (aka 1200 calories). Enough with the I feel great nonsense.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Wowza. I just ate an almost 800-calorie meal for dinner.

What you are doing is extremely dangerous and you are hurting yourself. Please get help.
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Please eat more!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in...for the eat more statements....

seriously, I had about 1200 for dinner....and your plan seems destined for crash and burn, followed by a mass binge, followed but a post on the motivational thread about binging ...ahhh the viscous cycle of MFP life...
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound safe. Please consider going by what MFP suggests. The body needs food; it needs energy.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    never mind. it wasn't going to be kind so I decided to just shut up
  • devils44
    devils44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How does the body survive, let alone function on only 500 calories??
  • LindaMVachon
    LindaMVachon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow that is very dangerous. You are not getting everything you need. :explode:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I think you're trollin.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    this is only her third post..I smell troll...

and 500 is the bottom base line figure that your body can deal with but eventually there will be long term metabolic damage and maybe even the dreaded "starvation mode"
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I think you're trollin.

i second this...

actually I am giving this my "troll thread stamp of approval"
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    There is a ton of information out there ( also on this site) about how dangerous this is. Unfortunately, as my dad used to say, you can't fix stupid.
  • Badassey
    Badassey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is incredibly disordered eating. Please, please never eat less than 1200 calories a day. What you are doing is not healthy, nor is it sustainable. Take care of yourself and eat at least the minimum that MFP is telling you to.
  • ddhdml
    ddhdml Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. I eat 1200 calories and excercise and i've lost 18 lbs in 50 days. I plant to lose it and keep it off by eating healthy things
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    OP, are you coming back to defend yourself and your ridiculous diet?

Give me one good reason why you would eat that little and I'll give you a lot of reasons why you shouldn't.

ETA: Losing weight is not a good enough reason btw. You will gain it all back and probably more.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I eat 500-700 calories a day I have oatmeal or grits for breakfast Campbles chicken soup 100% natural chunky for lunch and half to a 4th of a serving of whatever I cook for dinner excluding mac and cheese cant touch that and I cook a main dish and 3 to 4 sides not including the mac and cheese. My work out include 3 times a day routine of walking 2mph for an hour 100 crunches 100 arm circles 25 pushups and 25 squats and I have lost 12 pounds in about 2 and a half weeks and feel better then I have ever in my entire life. Has anyone tried this diet and has it worked for them?

Yes, I tried that diet. It worked for about 3 weeks. And then collapsing on the floor of my office at the end of the workday seemed like a more feasible idea than walking to my car and driving home. But good luck.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    this is only her third post..I smell troll...

and 500 is the bottom base line figure that your body can deal with but eventually there will be long term metabolic damage and maybe even the dreaded "starvation mode"
    Can edit but not respond... Trolling....
This discussion has been closed.