road ethics

Options

Replies

• weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The irony is that these are the deep dish pizzas who are actually causing the delays by trying to get into the lane at the end. But they have a low IQ to go with their poor manners for them to realize it. High correlation between the two.

Mmm...you said the p-word.
  • bluetrumpet01
    bluetrumpet01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am appalled at the lack of road ethics shown by people. For example, people would travel in the exit lane to avoid traffic, then get back into lane right at the end. I hate these people. There is something wrong with them. We all justify our stupid actions but it really is a reflection of our character. Stop being a jerk!

I'm one of those guys. Not only do I NOT care what you think of my driving, I HATE the fact you drive like a scared little ... I don't even know. How about you worry about your own driving, improve your situational awareness on the road, and drive like you actually want to get wherever you're going. By the way, I only need 3 inches on either side to jump the gap between you and the car ahead of you (though you might be the type that leaves 3 football fields). It's not wreckless, it's knowing how to drive like you have a clue how to actually handle the 3k pound machine you've been entrusted with.

You want road ethics, how about you don't add an extra half hour to my commute, mmmk?

I ran across you one night on HWY 87 beach road coming out of Sabine Pass. Narrow 2 lane, dark, lonely and no one for miles.

You blew by me and could barely hold it on the road. About 8 minutes later I pulled over when I saw you in the mosquito infested marsh, 75 feet off the road. Swinging wildly at the ravenous marsh mosquitoes you asked if I could get a cell phone connection cuz you where out of range. As I got back in my ride I told you it sure wasnt gonna be your night and drove off. Later tater. LOL

that's cute, but you should stick to non-fiction. anyways, drivers who typically run to the end of the exit lane to jump back are usually more aware of traffic than the majority of the other drivers and almost certainly not distracted on their phones.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    14993_109730065707554_100000116825772_268063_3811498_n_zps552efe1b.jpg

You wicked, wicked woman. I love it. LOL
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Mine is people who dodge between cars and nearly cause wrecks to get where they are going...and then get stuck one car ahead of me at a red light! Got you so far, huh big guy? :laugh:
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I am appalled at the lack of road ethics shown by people. For example, people would travel in the exit lane to avoid traffic, then get back into lane right at the end. I hate these people. There is something wrong with them. We all justify our stupid actions but it really is a reflection of our character. Stop being a jerk!

I'm one of those guys. Not only do I NOT care what you think of my driving, I HATE the fact you drive like a scared little ... I don't even know. How about you worry about your own driving, improve your situational awareness on the road, and drive like you actually want to get wherever you're going. By the way, I only need 3 inches on either side to jump the gap between you and the car ahead of you (though you might be the type that leaves 3 football fields). It's not wreckless, it's knowing how to drive like you have a clue how to actually handle the 3k pound machine you've been entrusted with.

You want road ethics, how about you don't add an extra half hour to my commute, mmmk?

I ran across you one night on HWY 87 beach road coming out of Sabine Pass. Narrow 2 lane, dark, lonely and no one for miles.

You blew by me and could barely hold it on the road. About 8 minutes later I pulled over when I saw you in the mosquito infested marsh, 75 feet off the road. Swinging wildly at the ravenous marsh mosquitoes you asked if I could get a cell phone connection cuz you where out of range. As I got back in my ride I told you it sure wasnt gonna be your night and drove off. Later tater. LOL

that's cute, but you should stick to non-fiction. anyways, drivers who typically run to the end of the exit lane to jump back are usually more aware of traffic than the majority of the other drivers and almost certainly not distracted on their phones.

I say troll. If not, very poor road ethic. If you dont realize it, you should work on self-awareness. Good day!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options

Sure. LMAO I guess you also believe in the Easter Bunny.
  • bluetrumpet01
    Options

pay attention next time you're in traffic and you're crying about the guy taking advantage of a wide open lane that goes on for 2 miles to get past you. if he is in fact heading down to the end of the lane and jumping back in to traffic without hesitation into the first available gap, he isn't distracted. if he's taking 3 weeks to merge back in, begging for someone let him in, then he's either asleep or on his cell phone.

I'm not trolling, I commute an hour and a half each day. Want to know what I consider back road ethics?

1. Creating a road block with the car next to you for miles on end
    2. Camping out in the left lane with someone coming up behind you. I don't care how fast you're going, if someone is coming up faster than you, you move. I'm not always the fastest down the highway, I move.
    3. Talking on your cellphone or texting, at any time except a solid red light up until the point the other light turns yellow
    4. Not having a clue what is going on around you
    5. Drifting into the opposing lane or not using your indicators
    6. Running red lights
    7. Leaving 3 car lengths in front of your car and not matching the rate of acceleration of the car ahead of you (real reason for highway congestion)
    8. Leaving 3 car lengths in front you and then tapping your brakes for absolutely no reason
    9. Dump trucks spilling gravel all over the road

If every single driver on the road focused on getting to their destination as efficiently as possible, we wouldn't need to keep adding lane after lane to our highways. Instead, everybody is worried about their phone conversations, their book, and every other distraction that you can possibly imagine. So like I said, how about you focus on the road as a whole and stop worrying about being skipped
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Too much testosterone up in here...I'm sceeeered and need hugs.

hugs.gif
  • Doodlewhopper
    Options

pay attention next time you're in traffic and you're crying about the guy taking advantage of a wide open lane that goes on for 2 miles to get past you. if he is in fact heading down to the end of the lane and jumping back in to traffic without hesitation into the first available gap, he isn't distracted. if he's taking 3 weeks to merge back in, begging for someone let him in, then he's either asleep or on his cell phone.

I'm not trolling, I commute an hour and a half each day. Want to know what I consider back road ethics?

2. Camping out in the left lane with someone coming up behind you. I don't care how fast you're going, if someone is coming up faster than you, you move. I'm not always the fastest down the highway, I move.
    3. Talking on your cellphone or texting, at any time except a solid red light up until the point the other light turns yellow
    6. Running red lights
    7. Leaving 3 car lengths in front of your car and not matching the rate of acceleration of the car ahead of you (real reason for highway congestion)
    8. Leaving 3 car lengths in front you and then tapping your brakes for absolutely no reason

If every single driver on the road focused on getting to their destination as efficiently as possible, we wouldn't need to keep adding lane after lane to our highways. Instead, everybody is worried about their phone conversations, their book, and every other distraction that you can possibly imagine. So like I said, how about you focus on the road as a whole and stop worrying about being skipped

Seems we share many sentiments, especially .....
    I NOT care what you think of my driving,
  • bluetrumpet01
    Options

6. Running red lights

Seems we share many sentiments, especially .....
    I NOT care what you think of my driving,

you keep adding so much to the conversation, keep up the good work, k buddy?
  • weevil66
    Options
    On a side note, I am pretty sure that I am having a hot flash right now.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    This thread has turned into a "whose **** is bigger" discussion, apparently. I'm out.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

I usually stick my head in the freezer when that happens. It helps.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Too much testosterone up in here...I'm sceeeered and need hugs.

hugs.gif

I know my HUGS post got lost in the sword fight.
  • weevil66
    Options

Good idea. The bonus is there is caramel ice cream in the freezer.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Good idea. The bonus is there is caramel ice cream in the freezer.

Even better! Get two birds with one stone.
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    My fav....which almost got me killed was a semi who couldn't wait a whole 5 seconds for me to reaccelerate after having to slow down for another semi that was turning and blew past me on the right hand shoulder at 60+ mph, lost control on the loose gravel and almost hit me with the trailer when he fishtailed right into the ditch.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

6. Running red lights

Oh my god. You're one of those guys. I never thought I would have occasion to communicate with one of you, so, apologies if this is just a big dump, but:

Who the hell do you think you are? So arrogant, so self-serving!

How do you know your amazing spidey sense reaction times (DOUBTFUL) are faster than a heart attack someone could have on the road? Or a tire blowing out?

There are older people on the road, and yeah, maybe, people on phones, distracted, what have you - so what? If you hit them, chances are both of you will wind up hurt or dead, no matter how right you think you are.

And. Suppose you and I are unlucky enough to be on the same road. I'm supposed to trust YOUR instincts to prevent MY death?

Maybe you're fine, you get your lane the way you want. MAYBE, someone behind you freaks out at your psychotic driving and causes harm to someone else.

Ten years ago, a jerk like you caused the driver of a SEMI to rear-end my car. It was totalled. The insurance company said it was a miracle that my friend in the back seat didn't die.

Man, I want your license number. Seriously. I bet you're a hazard in all kinds of ways.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I bet you drive one of those big eff off trucks with massive wheels, too. Ugh.
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Fart in their general direction or point at them and scream "A pox upon you, you unethical road penishead."

I got the Monty Python quote! Perfect!