The Truth About Jillian Michaels

Options

Replies

• Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I laughed when he brought out his cat...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Bumping to watch the video when I am not at work.
  • nrsblc
    nrsblc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I definitely disagree about the skinny- fat comment too. She weighs less than 124 lbs, is that ''fat''?Oh come on now.. She is not fat or anything, she just has a muscular body and thats very normal. You can't expect a famous personal trainer to be skinny as a skeleton, right? She is super motivational by the way, whenever i feel i can't go on with the move, she says something motivational so i keep pushing till the end. Jillian rocks!
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Why on earth a trainer should then start marketing diet pills...well god only knows. I guess in the end it all comes down to money.
  • rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Commenting so I can get my popcorn and watch the vid later ;)
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I think she looks feminine too.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Jillan Michaels and her DVDs and this is very interesting. Glad I saw this before buying any of her supplements.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbsYbE0xAs4

I believe him. I never really liked Jillian Michaels attitude, persona, or training methods ( yelling at people). Her facial appearance has changed so much since the beginning of the Biggest Loser. She used to look so feminine and pretty, but now she looks so much harder and more masculine. I don't think her face would change like that naturally, though it is possible.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    He says he's coming out now bc of the dangerousness of her Hydroxycut products, but a lot of it just sounds like sour grapes. Also, the way he derides her for being gay makes me doubt him as a human being.

He was not getting on her being gay. It was her attitude/actions being gay and lying about the truth to improve her image.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing feminine about her body shape. Nothing.

can you post a pic of her looking unfeminine, cos i really dont see it.....

i love her hair, though its probably extensions!
  • otterish
    otterish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I cannot get past the permanent sneer on her face. She appears to have nothing but contempt for the entire world and everyone in it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Jillan Michaels and her DVDs and this is very interesting. Glad I saw this before buying any of her supplements.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbsYbE0xAs4

I believe him. I never really liked Jillian Michaels attitude, persona, or training methods ( yelling at people). Her facial appearance has changed so much since the beginning of the Biggest Loser. She used to look so feminine and pretty, but now she looks so much harder and more masculine. I don't think her face would change like that naturally, though it is possible.

Really? No face change is possible naturally like hers has? Guess you need to see how much MY own face changed due to exercise & weight loss. I have people I grew up with not see me in the street anymore.... I changed in the face that much. My photo ID is only 1 yr old.... I look nothing like it anymore & nee to get it updated or I'll be told I'm not me.

Faces change with weight loss & exercise.

Also as for her 'yelling at people' what would you have her do....give them a cuddle instead?
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sex sells, and she is sexy and cut. Dragon master taught her everything, but young and sexy sells.
  • JDBLY11
    Options
    I wanted to add that I have bought some of her exercise dvds for beginners, and they were anything but for beginners because of the many different exercises that could hurt an overweight/obese/morbidly obese person's back if they do not know correct form ( like good mornings and deadlifts). I have back/hip issues and have to be very careful about what exercises I do ( with dvd's or at home doing everyday activities) so I do not hurt myself. I was unable to do these videos at all because there were so many exercises where I could have gotten hurt not knowing correct form.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Her own physique is not what I am aiming for as such - something more like the blonde girl in 30ds. I like the work out I am not stupid enough to buy anyone's diet pills. I look at the workout and especially in level 3 I see moves that I have seen Tracey Anderson use and tons of people slate her. If it works it works. And that is about all I am interested in
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well shes helped me with the 30 day shred so i don't care about anything else.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Honestly, what she does in her personal life has nothing to do with her workouts. I did 30DS as one of my first programs and it works if you work it. And most of the people who are promoting their dvds stop in the middle of their programs to talk about proper form and other tips, but that doesn't make them out of shape. And really, how many of the moves that she does in her workouts have you seen done in the gym or on another person's programs? Tons of them.

I think he's just a bitter dude for whatever reason.
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well shes helped me with the 30 day shred so i don't care about anything else.

Agree. Her dvd's are brilliant.

Her personal life is just that. PERSONAL. I don't give a toss whether she took drugs, is gay or hated children, that is none of my business.
  • emmasitotaw
    Options
    I absolutely looove 30 day shred. Jillian's no nonsense attitude and 25 minute work outs push me to get up every morning at 5.45 to do it before going to work and I feel set up for the day. If she didn't get her body shape doing that particular work out then good because to be honest her body is a little too masculine for me as well.

As for the supplements, I've heard that a few PTs recommend them as they give you extra energy to complete your work outs and supposedly boost your metabolism to maximise the effects of your diet changes. If you personally find the diet and exercise you're doing is enough to help you lose weight then great but not everyone does and certain pills can help. I personally drink a load of coffee which basically has the same effect.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    ?
  • tiddlebit11
    tiddlebit11 Posts: 182
    Options
    Bump