Vacation? Where are you going or want to go?

Options

Replies

• Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I went to hawaii - (oahu) would love to go back and see other islands - it was beautiful and weather was amazing - this summer we are going to wisconsin dells - (waterparks galore) in the fall - we are going to vegas - always fun - and next summer the plan is to go to california - we are thinking of going to disney land - so if you enjoy the disney trip - that may be fun to switch it up - :) but we are also going to san diego - and other various hot spots - like hollywood lol :)
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Heading out west to Henry's Fork, Idaho for a week of fly-fishing with my DH. Clear clean water, gorgeous scenery, lots o' trout! And a nice lodge to sleep in. Heaven.
  • woody7890
    woody7890 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm going to Hawaii on monday for 2 weeks! Never been and cannot wait!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm headed to East of Canada :) New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador for 2 weeks for the first 2 weeks of July :bigsmile:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My husband was just laid off, so I will be lucky if I get to go anywhere at all this summer. :-(
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Lined up and paid for so far:

Gettysburg camping: haunted battlefield tours with the kids, can't wait
    Saratoga Springs Horse Racing weekend - best track in 'Merica IMO
    Las Vegas
    Punta Cana

and a couple other weekend camping/dirt bike racing trips planned.
  • StrongFitSexy
    Options
    Im going to see my family in newyork and Rhode Island in august I can't wait!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Lined up and paid for so far:

Gettysburg camping: haunted battlefield tours with the kids, can't wait
    Saratoga Springs Horse Racing weekend - best track in 'Merica IMO
    Las Vegas
    Punta Cana

and a couple other weekend camping/dirt bike racing trips planned.

I am a battlefield tragic. I envy your Gettysburg trip.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    We are going to Maine for a long weekend later this month (husband is running a marathon there), and then another long weekend in NE Pennsylvania later in the summer. Either over the holidays or next summer we will go to Germany and Spain to visit 2 of our former exchange students!!! I am really looking forward to that trip - I miss my boys so much!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Taking my daughter to New York for her 16th and also because she got into Brit School (Performing Acts school in London, Croydon) in August for 7 days and hubby and I booked for St Lucia (hubby's birth place) for 3 weeks in October, can't wait.

One person mentioned having had a horrible experience in Cuba, we did Cuba a few years back and I'm totally surprised to here of your experience, we had the most wonderful time and also did two city vacation, we stayed 3 nights in Havana and 7 nights at Sandals in Volorado (sp!) beautiful, beautiful experience and felt totally safe, there's uniform and ununiform police personal all about.

To the person who asked about places to see whilst in Europe, I would recommend:
    Rome
    Venice
    Paris
    Crete
    Barcelona
    Madrid
    Scotland
    Dublin
    London, Manchester worth at least a day trip!
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Taking my daughter to New York for her 16th and also because she got into Brit School (Performing Acts school in London, Croydon) in August for 7 days and hubby and I booked for St Lucia (hubby's birth place) for 3 weeks in October, can't wait.

One person mentioned having had a horrible experience in Cuba, we did Cuba a few years back and I'm totally surprised to here of your experience, we had the most wonderful time and also did two city vacation, we stayed 3 nights in Havana and 7 nights at Sandals in Volorado (sp!) beautiful, beautiful experience and felt totally safe, there's uniform and ununiform police personal all about.

To the person who asked about places to see whilst in Europe, I would recommend:
    Rome
    Venice
    Paris
    Crete
    Barcelona
    Madrid
    Scotland
    Dublin
    London, Manchester worth at least a day trip!

Ah haha "Scotland" couldn't let it go without comment sorry.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm travelling around Europe for 4 months next year! It's only been recently decided, and I'd absolutely love to see Italy and Greece. Has anyone got any suggestions of places I MUST see when there!?

My favourites have been Oslo, Venice, Lisbon, Iceland, Nice, Berlin (well, and London but I live there so not sure it counts :P). I personally hated Greece but only went to Athens (which was scary IMO) but I think the islands would be better :)

In a couple of weeks we are taking a summer Euro-trip: Prague-Bratislava-Budapest-Zagreb-Dubrovnik-Montenegro. All in 10 days but we like to be busy on holiday!

Later in the year, I hope to go to either Canada, South America or Japan but we'll see :)

Venice is a definite must-see :) And Lisbon looks lovely! I'm actually writing all these down haha. Yeah, I'm hoping to visit the Greek Islands :) We're aiming for Oia or Mykonos at the moment!

Rome. There's absolutely nothing quite like it. I was there for NYE and fell in love with it. Maybe even more so than Paris.

Venice is a good place to see for a few days. Be sure to get off the beaten tourist path though or it will drive you crazy. It's hard to avoid tourists traps but, for good food, try the Cicchetti bars. I really liked Cantinone Gia' Schiavi for a quick snack and a glass of wine. There's no seating. You grab your snack and your wine and find a place to stand outside. For a nice, local dinner there's a restaurant called La Zucca. Everything is really fresh and they have a pumpkin flan to die for. I spent a week in Venice and wrote up a ton of review. PM me if you are interested - Ill send you my Trip Advisor page.

OH! And for the second poster, Budapest is awesome. A sad history, but a lovely people and a fascinating city. I can't wait to go back.

My son spent 6 weeks in Europe last summer - Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Venice, Florence, Rome, Barcelona and Madrid. His favorites were Brussels, Berlin, Budapest, Florence and Barcelona.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Nothing exotic this year, two planned . July headed to the mountains for some camping and get away from it all. December will be headed to Disney Orlando, taking the WHOLE family.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Going to Honduras in a few weeks. Definitely want to go to both Thailand and New Zealand in the next few years.
  • CalynZeigs
    CalynZeigs Posts: 34
    Options
    On vacay right now =)

Visiting the area my father grew up in as did my husband (small world). Getting to see some family on both sides and just enjoying the area. Going to a water park today. Planning a couple museum days, hiking tours and the like. One folk concert and one blues concert.Going to an air show/ fly in breakfast for Fatger's Day sunday. Did a mall day yesterday (shopping, saw the movie Epic in 3D, etc).

This is our fourth day here and have 5 more days :) Been really nice so far and I've been doing 30 mins to an hour on the exercise bike each day so far, so hopefully will still be doing ok fitness wise when we return home ;-)
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Going to Honduras in a few weeks. Definitely want to go to both Thailand and New Zealand in the next few years.

But not Australia? :(
  • ashleyreid127
    ashleyreid127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm going on holiday to Romania for three weeks to visit my boyfriend for the first time :)
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    On vacation on Maui right now! Love it here.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oct 2013 we are going to Kauai Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary.

Hoping to be down at least 50 lbs by then... I am at 35 now.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Loving this topic! would love to visit some of these lovely places you guys have mentioned.

I live in London, England and as mentioned before I will be heading to Toronto, Canada for 2 weeks in July. I am hoping to get a couple of short European trips in before the end of the year also but destinations undecided at this stage.

Also on my to do list for sometime in the near future is a Kenyan Safari vacation.

Favourite places I have visited so far are:
    - Tobago (went there for a week and I must say it is by far my favourite Caribbean Island - and I am from Jamaica originally!)
    - Istanbul, Turkey (what a great city!)
    - Antwerp, Belgium (only spent a day there but left a lasting impression)

My least favourite are:
    - Paris, France (don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful city but the people weren't the nicest. i am in no hurry to go back there)
    - Dominica (this is one of the unspoilt Caribbean Islands. It was just too boring for me)

I have also been to Florida(USA), Amsterdam(Netherlands), Genoa(Italy), Edinburgh & Glasgow (Scotland), Cairo & Alexandria (Egypt), Trinidad, Antigua, Barbados, Grenada,