Vacation? Where are you going or want to go?

Options

Replies

• saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have no plans for a vacation, but I would LOVE to visit Australia, Croatia, England, Poland, Germany (I would love to see a lot of the WW2 sites), Hawaii, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Alaska at some point. In the meanwhile, my vacation days will be spent going to Baton Rouge and New Orleans as my boyfriend is moving down there!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    In July, taking the trailer out for 2 weeks of summertime camping at Lake of the Prairies where the walleye practically jump into your boat. In Dec, we're heading to Walt Disney World, Orlando, for our (now) annual 2 week escape from the Canadian prairie winter. In Mar 2014, we're heading back to WDW for a week for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. Around Feb 2015 we're planning on going to Hawaii (Disney's Aulani resort) to escape winter and to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Good times!
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My bf and I are taking my mom to Barcelona, Spain next week. I'm pretty excited to relax after finals.
  • SUGARBOOGER801
    Options
    YELLOWSTONE!:love:
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Going to Florida in a couple of weeks to visit my sister and her husband :) So excited!
  • goldenboy2532
    Options
    Cheboygan Michigan for a stress free week at the lakes.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    Headed to Hot Springs NC in about 5 weeks! going to the hot springs spa (biggest in the southeast!), hiking Max Patch & enjoying 5 days of nothing but lounging & relaxing in the hot tub....who wouldnt enjoy that? :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    In less than 4 weeks we are going on a 2 week cruise of the Norwegian Ffiords/Iceland and the Faroe Islands....cannot wait yippee :-D
    oh and I could mention all the places we've been before but it would be a long one lol

I feel truly blessed to have our boys rared and now hubby and I can vacation 3 times a year and we're only in our 40's, thats why having family young is fab lol :-D

I disagree. We started our family in our thirties and it means that we can take our kids along and share the cool places with them. I mean, the Peruvian Amazon is always cool, but so much cooler with an eight year old with you to ooh at the army ants and ahh at the great otters. Likewise the UK with a 12 year old who knows more about the Tudors than David Starkey.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, I was just saying that I was happy to have had my children early and now my hubby and I love that we are just like a young couple again with no kiddies in tow - we did the holidays with our boys when they were young and I know what you mean about their enthusiasm adding to it but when you get them up and away then you get your life back again and its fantastic - you'll agree with me in about 20 yrs lol - and by then I'll probably be a great grandma but I'll still be young at heart :-D
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I want to ride the train up to it and walk the West Highland Way someday during the summer.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Going camping With the family In northern Wisconsin this summer, We are taking the family to disney world in 2014, My husband is taking the kids camping for a week and I get to stay home and clean, have a few girlfriends over for drinks, and I am planning to sand and stain my kitchen cabinets hopefully. (because he hates home improvement projects so I try to do them when he is gone so I don't have to hear *****ing)

Where I would like to go? I would love to tour Europe and find all the places in my family tree. (i love doing Geneology research) , I would go to Switzerland, Italy (not italian but for the sake of going) Greece (no family there either but I have a weakness for ancient cities) , Germany (spend the most time there) , Lithuania, Poland, and take a river tour on the Rhine. I would also like to go to south america and visit all the ancient ruins between bolivia and peru.
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    We're taking the kids to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for the 4th of July... We are in GA so we usually do the beach but I think the baby (8 mo. old) is still a little to young to really get it yet. My first time staying in the mountains... I cant wait!
  • PamelaGip
    PamelaGip Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't know maybe croatia but I don't where to go. A friend recommended that I visit all these places (http://www.mawista.com/blog/en/top-14-places-to-visit-in-croatia). Did anyone went in these places. do you recommend any of them. Need help
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    After 34 years of marriage, we went on our first ever cruise. A Princess Cruise leaving from Seattle, Washington to Alaska and back. We live in the midwest. It was soo awesome, I was so depressed to come back home!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Mallorca in 71 days (yes, I have a countdown app on my phone :bigsmile: ). It's the first proper vacation for me in about four years.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have been to France (Paris area)
    Prague
    Magaluf
    Ayia Napa
    Ibiza

Bit of a part guy :-)

Maybe be going away with my mates in like 6 weeks. last minute deal thing
    Possibly Thailand at Xmas.

Theres a whole list of places i want to go.
    Across the US
    Across Australia
    Japan - Tokyo to be precise
    Iceland because of the natural beauty of the place.
    the list could go on.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    We are going to Costa Rica this summer. Adventure vacation half the time and laying on the beach the other half. Paradise!

My husband and I honeymooned there 10 years ago! Loved it. Gorgeous place!!!
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    We went to New Orleans for our Anniversary. I ate and drank entirely TOO much. Oh well--totally worth it.

In October, I'm going to St. George Island, FL for a week with my daughter (while my hubby has duty with my sons!). He'll come up for the weekend. I can't wait!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Going to California wine country -Napa Sonoma areas! Can hardly wait! Great wines, Cabernets and Zinfandels are my favorites......picnics, lazy sunny days, dinners paired with just the right wines....... ahhhhhh! Relaxing fun :-)
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Disney World !!! This month 21- 25
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I want to go back to Austria for sure!