• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    The best cereal is bacon and eggs. ;)

Best post in this thread.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I thought muesli would be the best cereal for dieting but I'm wrong on that I've been told.

I was going to include muesli in my diet but now I need another cereal, any ideas?

I am going against everyone else's thinking, but NO cereal is a good cereal to eat.

You're just saying that to go against the grain :p

GROAN:laugh:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I thought muesli would be the best cereal for dieting but I'm wrong on that I've been told.

I was going to include muesli in my diet but now I need another cereal, any ideas?

I am going against everyone else's thinking, but NO cereal is a good cereal to eat.

Yes, I was going to say that, but I am too exhausted this evening to even debate the hate that comes from such a comment.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I like Toasty Os. I usually eat them as a snack at work.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    One serving of Cap'n Crunch gives me 35% of my daily iron. Many nights I reach for it instead of ice cream when I need to scratch my sweet/dairy itch.

The body only absorbs about 2% of the iron in any fortified food.

I would rather get my iron from a spinach salad and a grass fed steak.

Any food that has to be fortified with nutrients is not healthy to eat.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

I don't care about some professor that ate nothing but twinkies.

I don't eat to count calories or lose weight. I eat for HEALTH and NUTRITION ONLY. I eat to heal my body. The weight loss that comes with this is merely a side effect.

Therefore boxed, packaged, factory made food like items do not have a place in my house or in my body.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    One serving of Cap'n Crunch gives me 35% of my daily iron. Many nights I reach for it instead of ice cream when I need to scratch my sweet/dairy itch.

The body only absorbs about 2% of the iron in any fortified food.

I would rather get my iron from a spinach salad and a grass fed steak.

Any food that has to be fortified with nutrients is not healthy to eat.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

I don't care about some professor that ate nothing but twinkies.

I don't eat to count calories or lose weight. I eat for HEALTH and NUTRITION ONLY. I eat to heal my body. The weight loss that comes with this is merely a side effect.

Therefore boxed, packaged, factory made food like items do not have a place in my house or in my body.
    So why even join the thread?

You talk about health and nutrition but you quote bacon and eggs. SMDH
  • misssophieleigh
    misssophieleigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love special K.

Also, Honey Bunches of Oats. I mix it with yogurt and cinnamon (sometimes fruit if we have the right fruits at our house) and it is heavenly!
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    im a sucker for honey nut cheerios !! yum
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    Cascadian Farms Organic Raisin Bran

I use Pacific Brand Organic Oat or 7 Grain milk. Its delicious, if it wasn't so high in fiber I'd eat it all day!
  • KLM2206
    KLM2206 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also stick with lower sugar varieties as I find varieties with higher sugar content leave me ravenous shortly after.

So for me, in Australia, it's either Weetbix (and yes, it is Weetbix over here... not Weetabix... is that a UK thing?), or porridge made from rolled oats.
    In a previous life I did love me some NutriGrain, or Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Still nice as a treat though!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

Yes, I was going to say that, but I am too exhausted this evening to even debate the hate that comes from such a comment.

palaeolithic people ate grains
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Weetabix with a small serving of skimmed or semi skimmed milk (100-150ml)

Oatmeal 1/2 Cup with water (add to make texture as you want) and a teaspoon or 2 of stevia.

Or wholemeal toast and a scrambled egg white. or 2 and 2 if you feel you need something a bit more.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

My comment wasn't hateful, it was an attempt at humour. If I had to choose the healthiest breakfast I could it would be 2 pastured eggs fried in butter from a grass fed cow alongside a few pieces of bacon also from pastured animals and a few ounces of raspberries. The question, however, was about cereal not breakfast.
  • NikkiiiT
    NikkiiiT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love cereal but I rarely eat it now. If I do i'll have special K with a chopped up banana.
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i'm on the original kashi go lean train. good carb to protein ratio, and a good amount of fiber.

i also like regular ol' cheerios. i will always keep cheerios in my cupboard.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I just had Fiber One Honey Cluster cereal. It was amazing and I'm not a huge cereal eater. Serving size ia 1 Cup and it's 160 calories, 1.5g fat, 44g carbs (high I know), 13g fiber (higher than most cereals) and 3g protein. I think it's a pretty good choice but that's my opinion.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

Oh a paleo person telling everybody the are doing it wrong when it comes to eating. How weird, you never see that.
  • SandyChuckBled
    SandyChuckBled Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like HoneyNut Cheerios but they are high in sugar. I also like plain Cheerios - they aren't too bad and they really have helped lower my cholesterol.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the best!